Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
In fact in italian cuck is cornuto and also means horned.
Cuck is hornbearer in Bulgarian too.
I think in most languages its some play on "putting the horns on him", and only in english its about the cuckoo bird.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The both sides argument is really just cope from people who desperatly cannot live without their bread and circuses vydia.

"It's... it's ok the game is peddling the most insane form of gender is a social constuct bullshit right in the character creation. Stop complaining! You are ruining my hype".

Apparently, i just learned there's a troon in a circus you meet in the game. I have a feeling once the hype dies down the retrospective on the woke shit they shoved into this thing is going to be amazing.

Another thing that just dawned me: none of the story NPCs belong to the shorter races. No dwarves, and no gnomes. Is it because it would look silly to have sex with a midget? I guess the ONLY reason origin companions exist is for you to fuck them.

[EDIT] Minor bit of extra wokeness i just noticed. The default look for humans, both males and females, is always a black person.

No, it's no like that really. Up-thread I made the comparison to DA:I, which was comparably woke-saturated for its time (earlier stage of the mind virus) - but that was just a bad game. By comparison this is a good game and you'll get a lot of fun out of it. The woke stuff is only in the character creator (and you can switch it off right at the start of the game and have it SFW), and in the "thirsty slut/faggot" companion interactions and a few NPCs dotted around (like, e.g., a BDSM faggot in one of the main quest areas). The stories in the quests are mainly the same kind of dark themes about the common man living in a terrifying world with OP evil that D&D and fantasy in general has always had. You can easily play the game for a couple of hours without encountering any of that shit, except in camp conversations (which, to be sure, can be really annoying for that at times, where there's serious pressure from all the options that are trying to channel you into buttsex in one way or another).

Dick B, default nigger and being unable to make a "white" human who doesn't look like a spic or a Jew are annoying, but they're pretty minor aspects of a gigantic game.

Last edited:
PbHtgzz.png

I refuse to be called a cuck by someone who looks like this.

Tell me that's photoshop and that this game did not just use a modern internet colloqualism.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The both sides argument is really just cope from people who desperatly cannot live without their bread and circuses vydia.

"It's... it's ok the game is peddling the most insane form of gender is a social constuct bullshit right in the character creation. Stop complaining! You are ruining my hype".

Apparently, i just learned there's a troon in a circus you meet in the game. I have a feeling once the hype dies down the retrospective on the woke shit they shoved into this thing is going to be amazing.

Another thing that just dawned me: none of the story NPCs belong to the shorter races. No dwarves, and no gnomes. Is it because it would look silly to have sex with a midget? I guess the ONLY reason origin companions exist is for you to fuck them.

[EDIT] Minor bit of extra wokeness i just noticed. The default look for humans, both males and females, is always a black person.

I mean I don't give a fuck either way, but that's not what those people are saying. They're saying "this is woke stuff put into a good game, whereas X game was woke stuff put into a bad game"

No, it's no like that really. Up-thread I made the comparison to DA:I, which was comparably woke-saturated for its time (earlier stage of the mind virus) - but that was just a bad game. By comparison this is a good game and you'll get a lot of fun out of it. The woke stuff is only in the character creator (and you can switch it off right at the start of the game and have it SFW), and in the "thirsty slut/faggot" companion interactions and a few NPCs dotted around (like, e.g., a BDSM faggot in one of the main quest areas). The stories in the quests are mainly the same kind of dark themes about the common man living in a terrifying world with OP evil that D&D and fantasy in general has always had. You can easily play the game for a couple of hours without encountering any of that shit, except in camp conversations (which, to be sure, can be really annoying for that at times).
Really, I played DAI and 90% of it was boring war table missions with politics and intrigue thrown in. The "woke" is easily avoidable because the romance triggers are clearly marked as such, but Bioware only made that design change when the community demanded that "ninjamancing" was removed from the game. "Ride the bull" is only there if you want it to be; I already did the Bull quest and that was nowhere to be found. And I have to admit, the game is only gay if you want it to be, save for orian's sidequest.
In other words, if you played it and found gay shit, you went out of your way to find it.

So,

why-are.gif

Gale is a fucking idiot and his pushiness is part of his character. Astarion is amusing, though.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Everyone’s talking about Baldur’s Gate 3’s sexy times, be it with a giant red demon lady, a smarmy vampire, or a bear. What you might not have known about the fantasy role-playing game is that Larian Studios hired (at least) one voice actor to exclusively make sex sounds.
https://kotaku.com/baldur-s-gate-3-bg3-romance-voice-actor-sex-scenes-1850713083?utm_campaign=Kotaku&utm_content=1691426703

Toward the end of his TikTok, Jordan asked that players keep him in their minds while they galavant in BG3 and attempt to rizz up its many romanceable characters.

“You think about that,” Jordan said. “You mull that over as you run around, you little horny perverts, with your little perverted roleplays, you randy bastards. You think of me.”
:lol: :lol:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Everyone’s talking about Baldur’s Gate 3’s sexy times, be it with a giant red demon lady, a smarmy vampire, or a bear. What you might not have known about the fantasy role-playing game is that Larian Studios hired (at least) one voice actor to exclusively make sex sounds.
https://kotaku.com/baldur-s-gate-3-bg3-romance-voice-actor-sex-scenes-1850713083?utm_campaign=Kotaku&utm_content=1691426703

we truly live in magical times

one of my character's constant selection sounds is "I never should have asked to live in more interesting times", and I can't help but picture half the shitposters in the thread saying that line as a reference to their own hope for more RPGs during the drought of the 00s

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
BTW, character creation is a fucking travesty because of this gender ideology bullshit. I pick human and it's a nigger. Hit randomize to get a reasonably decent looking white guy and i have to go through dozens of combinations with lipstick, pigtails and purple hair on my hyper masculine face not to mention that absurd vitiligo shit. There's also four different body types for no discernable reason. Type 3 and 4 just happens to be bigger versions of male and female.

So i try to make a reasonably looking burly paladin with big beard and everything. All the female and male traits are mixed toghether (and so are the voices apparently), i have to pint point where the male hairstyles are in the midst of feminine looking shit. I pick a big beard with braids and it has pink stripes. Can't find a single option to make them brown like the rest:

Screenshot-2.png

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
BTW, character creation is a fucking travesty because of this gender ideology bullshit. I pick human and it's a nigger. Hit randomize to get a reasonably decent looking white guy and i have to go through dozens of combinations with lipstick, pigtails and purple hair on my hyper masculine face not to mention that absurd vitiligo shit. There's also four different body types for no discernable reason. Type 3 and 4 just happens to be bigger versions of male and female.

So i try to make a reasonably looking burly paladin with big beard and everything. All the female and male traits are mixed toghether (and so are the voices apparently), i have to pint point where the male hairstyles are in the midst of feminine looking shit. I pick a big beard with braids and it has pink stripes. Can't find a single option to make them brown like the rest:

Screenshot-2.png

have to change highlight color looks like

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
I have a feeling once the hype dies down the retrospective on the woke shit they shoved into this thing is going to be amazing.

This is the Throne of Bhaal of Copes. You know exactly that no one will talk about that stuff besides some 20 or less losers on Codex in their miserable butthurt eternal circlejerk. Also the hype won't die down because the game is actually fine and delivers.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
No such option under beard. There's an highlight option for the hairs but that's separate, only affects the top of your head.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Strange, in Russian convict jargon, the cuck is the jailmate who is lowest in the pecking order, sleeps closest to the cell shithole, and is bullied and fucked by the rest.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
PbHtgzz.png

I refuse to be called a cuck by someone who looks like this.
So characters in this game look like californian faggot pedophile cosplayers instead of plausible fantasy races.
What is a plausible fantasy race and how do they look? Tieflings in BG3 come in all shapes and forms. From old to gnarly to handsome to chad like. Granted, many codexers feel intimidated by chad NPCs in video game and react aggressively.
the police should check your hard drive.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

AwesomeButton

Patron

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom