Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
Lawl, i had to redo the last fight in the tutorial three times because i HAD to loot everything but that stupid Ilithid kept getting killed by the demon who then proceeded to wreck my party members, so i just resorted to leave the Gollum brain behind as cannon fodder while i made my escape with the booty. Sadly, only at the last second i realized the dying Ilithid dropped loot also, but too late now, i ain't gonna try THAT.

I'm out in the open now and everything is so frikking bright, fuzzy and bloomy. Shiiet imma fiddle with the graphics settings to tone that shit down. Found the elf waifu laying around but i don't see the Gyth bitch. She has some loot that belongs to me.

If it's comforting to you, the starting area is rather bright and lush, yes. You will soon stumble upon darker areas in Act 1. Act 2 is darker in tone as a general and more eerie/gloomy.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
My casual gamer friends have begun playing this and like 70% of them fall for the miscommunication that makes people believe they do *either* Underdark *or* Mountain Pass, and as a result they're underleveled when they reach Act 2.

Larian really screwed up with that shit.
I was going to the Mountain Pass, but I got a very brutal warning of not going there.

That’s the warning people misunderstand. It’s there because going there can change quest states of quests in areas prior - but once you’re done with those you absolutely should explore both Underdark, Grymforge, Mountain Pass and Monestary

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Good video about how a normie found BG3 and finally gets introduced to crpg's

Man, this guy is supposed to be a "likable darling" for many, but I can't stand his taste about almost anything.

His schtick seems to being the The Disinterested Observer. Like when he rails against "games with little people." Or, "[...] traditionally I just never vibe with, like, straightforward mediaeval fantasy. You know, just like, dragons, orcs, and elves and - brown leather clothes ... and wagons."

Humour via Man-from-Mars gerrymandering, one might call it.

HammyTheFat

Scholar
My casual gamer friends have begun playing this and like 70% of them fall for the miscommunication that makes people believe they do *either* Underdark *or* Mountain Pass, and as a result they're underleveled when they reach Act 2.

I was going to the Mountain Pass, but I got a very brutal warning of not going there.

That’s the warning people misunderstand. It’s there because going there can change quest states of quests in areas prior - but once you’re done with those you absolutely should explore both Underdark, Grymforge, Mountain Pass and Monestary
Wait so after I finished the grymforge I should have run to the mountain pass instead of taking the elevator?

Fuck no wonder someone here said they managed to level up to 7 before getting to act 2. I was a few thousand xp away from 7 after doing EVERYTHING in the underdark and the rest of act 1 so I had no idea how he did it.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Wait so after I finished the grymforge I should have run to the mountain pass instead of taking the elevator?

You absolutely should - even if you don’t want the sidecontent, the monestary has at least one sequence that is pretty integral to the plot.

You don’t have to - everything in the game is pretty much optional - but the game expects you to do it IMO

Herumor

Scholar
I loved those novel, really great. Some of the best D&D-based fiction I remember
The only good Dark Sun novels are the ones written by Lynn Abbey: "The Brazen Gambit", "Cinnabar Shadows" and "The Rise and Fall of a Dragon King".

Reinhardt

Arcane
Btw you need to understand the game is "hard" on balanced for most normies.

Lots of reviews like this

afbeelding.png
it's not on ps5 yet so it's not sdg...

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
This is a propos of nothing but Mystra really is a dumb bitch
- Hands the Netherese plenty of rope to hang themselves with magically, ignores their horrible dystopian magocracy, then gets butthurt when they inevitability fuck everything up
- Gets kicked out of the Astral by Ao himself, gets her stupid ass killed AGAIN because she tried going back anyway
- Let's her "champions" (fucktoys) run around the Realms causing havoc and murdering each other
- Still plays favorites with the likes of Elminster
- If you aren't Elminster, she fucks you and then tells you to blow yourself up Mystra Ackbar-style

HammyTheFat

Scholar
You absolutely should - even if you don’t want the sidecontent, the monestary has at least one sequence that is pretty integral to the plot.

You don’t have to - everything in the game is pretty much optional - but the game expects you to do it IMO
For some reason I was assuming that the mountain pass entrance was the same as the elevator and that both lead directly to the shadowlands. I don't know why I was thinking this. Fortunately I stopped about an hour into act 2 so I can just reload my save from where I'm standing at the elevator.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wasn't going to wipe out the goblin camp. I was even friendly, and managed to get in there. But then one dude had to tell me that I should lick his boots, and that was that. Some gobbo kids got in the way, and they bit the dust.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
I loved those novel, really great. Some of the best D&D-based fiction I remember
The only good Dark Sun novels are the ones written by Lynn Abbey: "The Brazen Gambit", "Cinnabar Shadows" and "The Rise and Fall of a Dragon King".
I enjoyed the one that is part of the Abyssal Plague series. In every other setting that shit was an apocalyptic threat, on Athas has it was Tuesday.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

For some reason I was assuming that the mountain pass entrance was the same as the elevator and that both lead directly to the shadowlands. I don't know why I was thinking this. Fortunately I stopped about an hour into act 2 so I can just reload my save from where I'm standing at the elevator.

Everyone assumed they were mutually exclusive including me - it’s communicated catastrophically poorly

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Btw you need to understand the game is "hard" on balanced for most normies.

Lots of reviews like this

afbeelding.png

Nobody is complaining that it's easy on normal. Hell make normal the new story mode for all I care.

We're complaining the hardest difficulty is so easy :)

But again, this game should be really easy to difficulty mod. I fully expect a good and polished mod within like a year if the modding is flexible enough.

Reducing kill XP (NOT quest XP) by something 25% would probably solve one-third of the issue by itself.
Lol, you want a difficulty above tactician, Swen says normies want a difficulty below story-mode

Owlcat understood and had all those gradations right from the beginning. Curious though - in DOS2 once you took Tactician you were committed to it because more was changed than just hp, AI tricks, etc. (or so the story goes). I wonder why they didn't have the same thing in this game?

His schtick seems to being the The Disinterested Observer.
Well, except for anything Nintendo-related, where he does a 180° turn and immediately becomes the most obnoxious fanboy, raving about "muh childhood memories" and "Nintendo's magic touch" and all that crap.

By the way, yes, this rant about "small people on screen" was harder to listen to than usual, I'll admit. The sperg detector went completely out of scale.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Protection from Evil and Good will keep Mind Flayer in Nautiloid alive while you use Command:Drop to get the fire sword. SH can reslot spells on the fly.

Can also nuke everything with Fluid tanks if you want.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
God, I hate the monk class. Naked dudes that punch stuff harder and have better defenses than any of my fighters decked out in armor. It's such a BS class that I would easily install a mod right now to remove them if there were one. I'm at a point now where I have to fight a bunch, and they are stronger than any kind of warped creatures from hell. Which makes the whole experience feel like shit. Elder demon from hell? Cosmic horror from the black abyss of space? No match for an emaciated githyanki.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I wasn't going to wipe out the goblin camp. I was even friendly, and managed to get in there. But then one dude had to tell me that I should lick his boots, and that was that. Some gobbo kids got in the way, and they bit the dust.

I checked out what happens if you go with the flow with the BDSM fag - and you actually get a nice permanent buff if you lean in all the way with the BDSM thing, so I decided to stay on that save track. My in-character excuse is that Shadowheart was getting all hot and bothered by it :)

(Sorry Grand Inquisitor, mea culpa :) )

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom