Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Louis_Cypher

Arcane
How does everyone rank the D&D CRPGs now that Baldur's Gate III is out?
Greyhawk: Temple of Elemental Evil​
Ravenloft: Strahd's Possession​
Ravenloft: Stone Prophet​
Dragonlance: Champions of Krynn​
Dragonlance: Death Knights of Krynn​
Dragonlance: The Dark Queen of Krynn​
The Forgotton Realms: Pool of Radiance​
The Forgotton Realms: Curse of the Azure Bonds​
The Forgotton Realms: Secret of the Silver Blades​
The Forgotton Realms: Pools of Darkness​
The Forgotton Realms: Hillsfar​
The Forgotton Realms: Gateway to the Savage Frontier​
The Forgotton Realms: Treasures of the Savage Frontier​
The Forgotton Realms: Eye of the Beholder I​
The Forgotton Realms: Eye of the Beholder II​
The Forgotton Realms: Eye of the Beholder III​
The Forgotton Realms: Menzoberranzan​
The Forgotton Realms: Baldur's Gate I (+ expansion)​
The Forgotton Realms: Baldur's Gate II (+ expansion)​
The Forgotton Realms: Baldur's Gate III​
The Forgotton Realms: Icewind Dale I (+ expansion)​
The Forgotton Realms: Icewind Dale II​
The Forgotton Realms: Neverwinter Nights I (+ expansions)​
The Forgotton Realms: Neverwinter Nights II (+ expansions)​
Spelljammer: Pirates of Realmspace​
Dark Sun: Shattered Lands​
Dark Sun: Wake of the Ravager​
Al-Qadim: The Genie's Curse​
Planescape: Torment​

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
God, I hate the monk class. Naked dudes that punch stuff harder and have better defenses than any of my fighters decked out in armor. It's such a BS class that I would easily install a mod right now to remove them if there were one. I'm at a point now where I have to fight a bunch, and they are stronger than any kind of warped creatures from hell. Which makes the whole experience feel like shit. Elder demon from hell? Cosmic horror from the black abyss of space? No match for an emaciated githyanki.

There’s a scene in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood just for you.

Kiste

Augur
God, I hate the monk class. Naked dudes that punch stuff harder and have better defenses than any of my fighters decked out in armor. It's such a BS class that I would easily install a mod right now to remove them if there were one. I'm at a point now where I have to fight a bunch, and they are stronger than any kind of warped creatures from hell. Which makes the whole experience feel like shit. Elder demon from hell? Cosmic horror from the black abyss of space? No match for an emaciated githyanki.

Monks should be exterminated, without exception. I fucking hate that chink wuxia bullshit or gay as shit airbender nonsense. Remember that Indiana Jones scene where he casually shoots the towelhead with the swords? That's how all encounters with monks should play out. Monk tard does some Kung Fu bollocks and Chad with a twohander casually cleaves him in half.

Now, if the monk fantasy was drunk English fatass in a brown robe with a quarterstaff, then that would be more acceptable.

Last edited:

Herumor

Scholar
Anyone else looked through the art book for BG3?

Here's some early concept art for Shadowheart:

ay2qrxi.jpg

Lemming42

Arcane
My casual gamer friends have begun playing this and like 70% of them fall for the miscommunication that makes people believe they do *either* Underdark *or* Mountain Pass, and as a result they're underleveled when they reach Act 2.
Is Mountain Pass the Gith creche? Because if so, I missed the whole damn thing for that exact reason. I found the dragon rider who roasts the guards, but when I tried to proceed, it came up with a popup that basically said "don't even try it, you'll get turned to mincemeat, fuck you, get out of here".

After arriving in the Shadow place I came to assume that Gith creche was a standing sidequest, so put it to one side to focus on what was in front of me... after which point it turned out I locked myself out of it.

Lemming42

Arcane
Wtf I left Minthara alive (via KO) for the exact reason of thinking she might show up again. Never saw any sign of her after that and she was never mentioned, did I somehow fuck myself over again?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
My casual gamer friends have begun playing this and like 70% of them fall for the miscommunication that makes people believe they do *either* Underdark *or* Mountain Pass, and as a result they're underleveled when they reach Act 2.
Is Mountain Pass the Gith creche? Because if so, I missed the whole damn thing for that exact reason.

Exactly. The communication is a massive screw-up on Larian's part - at this point I've seen more people miss it than not. Surprising it went through testing.

Mortmal

Arcane
Is Mountain Pass the Gith creche? Because if so, I missed the whole damn thing for that exact reason.

Exactly. The communication is a massive screw-up on Larian's part - at this point I've seen more people miss it than not. Surprising it went through testing.
It can be even worse, if you fail to repair the lift going directly to the monastery you have to go through the level 6 undead encounter which is far overtuned for most party.

Reinhardt

Arcane

Monks should be exterminated, without exception. I fucking hate that chink wuxia bullshit or gay as shit airbender nonsense. Remember that Indiana Jones scene where he casually shoots the towelhead with the swords? That's how all encounters with monks should play out. Monk tard does some Kung Fu bollocks and Chad with a twohander casually cleaves him in half.

Now, if the monk fantasy was drunk English fatass in a brown robe with a quarterstaff, then that would be more acceptable.
fuck off, nigger. that's proper wuxia setting, with running on the walls, jumping to the roof and roundkicking enemies from there.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy

It can be even worse, if you fail to repair the lift going directly to the monastery you have to go through the level 6 undead encounter which is far overtuned for most party.
Oh my god I completely forgot there's a path up there on the same map as the monastery.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Christ, the rate at which some of you are tearing through this makes me realize how much of a filthy casual I really am by comparison.

I'm only at a point where I've done everything (well, as much as I could find) on the first map except for the hag.

Some of you must be literally caked in Cheeto dust :)

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Christ, the rate at which some of you are tearing through this makes me realize how much of a filthy casual I really am by comparison.

I'm only at a point where I've done everything (well, as much as I could find) on the first map except for the hag.

I was on holiday and my girlfriend was in Berlin. 5 days of constant BG3 :lol:

Now it's back to work and girlfriend comes home tomorrow.

My current game is around 30 hours and I've already reached the inn where Jaheira is. Clearing act 1 shour take between 20 to 35 hours depending on the time it takes you to do things. I'm still going to try to go to the gith creche though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom