Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Man Larian can do whatever the fuck they want after this release. I wonder what Swen'll choose.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Well well well

afbeelding.png

https://www.wargamer.com/baldurs-gate-3/game-of-the-year
Lets hope we get more games out of this than garbo movies like Honor Among Thieves

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Christ, the rate at which some of you are tearing through this makes me realize how much of a filthy casual I really am by comparison.
I don't have much time to play it, I was at act 2 but got my ass kicked so I'm back to exploring more of act 1 of which I skipped a lot.

Kiste

Augur
Man Larian can do whatever the fuck they want after this release. I wonder what Swen'll choose.
Probably DOS or some other original IP. All that license money the Hasbro CEO is bragging about is money that doesn't go into Larian's pocket.

Christ, the rate at which some of you are tearing through this makes me realize how much of a filthy casual I really am by comparison.
I don't have much time to play it, I was at act 2 but got my ass kicked so I'm back to exploring more of act 1 of which I skipped a lot.
The underdark has some interesting bits, it's nice to explore everything. There's also a path into the underdark via the hag's area. There's the goblin temple and the zhentarim hideout as well.

Lemming42

Arcane
No more Divinity, I hope, shit's absolutely tapped out by now.

It'd be brave of them to make a non-fantasy game next, some kind of unique new setting. Save the genre like Fallout did back in 1997.

I reckon that they'll want to pursue their relationship with D&D more for now, though - with the groundwork of BG3 in place they'd be fools not to. Maybe a different campaign setting, though.

Come onnnn Ravenloft

afbeelding.png

BG3 should get an anime, will bring in all the japs. Then they'd learn what an actual rpg is.
Japs already know of D&D and they kinda like it, it's just that they have their own brand of pnp games. They have their own D&D-like in the same way germans have DSA.

Kiste

Augur
Kindda painful that we all thought the old fallout and bg devs of obsidian would save us yet it was the goofy annoying belgian fags all along

Well, that does demonstrate the power of diversity and inclusion, doesn't it?

Herumor

Scholar
I work from home and the workload is flexible unless there's something urgent.

wcfUXP7.jpg

I personally hope they once and for all tie up Divinity 2: DKS cliffhanger.
No more Divinity, I hope, shit's absolutely tapped out by now.
Not really. You're maybe talking about Original Sin, but Divinity still has plenty to explore.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Kindda painful that we all thought the old fallout and bg devs of obsidian would save us yet it was the goofy annoying belgian fags all along

I've been a bit of a Larian fan since DivDiv. The thing is, I really dislike the goofy side of them, but I've always appreciated the attention to detail/reactivity and immersion side of what they do, and the fact that they take risks and try things out. It was always evident that they have a commitment to giving players value for money (which I suppose must be carried through in the company culture through personnel changes).

I've been a bit of a Larian fan since DivDiv. The thing is, I really dislike the goofy side of them, but I've always appreciated the attention to detail/reactivity and immersion side of what they do, and the fact that they take risks and try things out. It was always evident that they have a commitment to giving players value for money (which I suppose must be carried through in the company culture through personnel changes).
Swen mentioned Ultima 7 as the example of game he was going after, especially with Original Sin, which seems like the type of game he always wanted to do.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
Better have barbarians in them.

I mean I would frikkin' love TB conan after playing exiles, but I can't imagine Larian handling that setting with tact :lol:

That's the tragedy. Funcom pretty much nailed the overall aesthetics of the setting in both AoC and Exiles, but they don't do turn based CRPGs. Shame.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom