Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
granny frog alien

I actually think Lae'zel is kind of cute.

how-to-recruit-lae-zejzizb.jpg
Ud8BuKZ.jpg

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
How are there so many faggots on the codex lol?

Imagine arguing that checking on a friend or co worker who looks bummed at a party is showing romantic interest? Bunch of fucking weirdos

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Ok. Let's calm down. A couple of simple questions.

How often do you go to parties?

Do you offer drinks to men when at a party, or otherwise demonstrate specific care that other men should be having a good time at the party?

When at a party, how often do you get drinks offered to you by men? How does this make you feel?
1) Not as much as i used to but i was decently sociable in my hey day.

2) Depends but yeah, if i see a bro standing alone in the corner looking miserable then i will try and hype them up. And this was the exact context with bear druid, hell i had literally just picked a similar option with one of the tiefling npcs who was all grouchy and there was no issue here. Its a party bro, grab a drink and have fun!

3) It happens all the time? It’s always been rather normal in my circles that each one buys a round of drinks for others. 0 gay thing about it. Likewise my reaction if someone buys me a drink and assuming it’s not a rando stranger in which case i ‘ll assume drinks are spiked: thanks!
I agree, amongst friends its common to buy rounds of drinks but I think he is talking about strangers but if I go to a bar by myself I dont like drinking shooters by myself. And I have often bought the barmen or another single guy a shooter. Its not sexual its just social and then often have a conversation or watch a sports game in the bar

There are several reasons you could buy a stranger a drink and its not weird

Yeah this is a stupid internal debate between people who don't like the faggotry.

It's true both that very often 4 out of 5 options are slippery slopes to getting your poop chute greased, and that usually one of those responses is a trap that the unwary might construe as a mere bro response, with the final options being a short brush-off. That seems to be the general pattern in many male-on-male camp conversations.

Or to put it another way, sometimes one of the 4 responses leading to poop chute greasing might look kinda-sorta normal, unless you're quite alert.

It's obviously deliberate and part of Larian's Gen-X cynical humour.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
roleplaying is recognized by the game
knocking people out without killing them is recognized by the game, its just not integrated in most systems
then again, neither is killing. if you kill or dont kill 90% of enemies, the game doesn't react differently, other than that individual's status

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Haven't read much nor did I play any of the EA. Plan on giving this a go when I build my new rig next week. However, the little I have read says that right now this is more of a "Sexual harassment simulator" with you the player being the target of said harassment. Everyone hits on you / wants to sleep with you constantly anytime you choose a nice dialogue response? True / hyperbole? If so does this game allow you to create your own party like Icewind Dale to avoid this cringe?
It's true. And no, you can't create your own party.

There used to be a workaround to create a custom party, but the latest hotfix seems to have broken this:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1086940/discussions/0/6045572169619269420/

The best you can do is use hirelings instead of NPCs and tell the NPCs to leave, but the hirelings have their own set race and appearance. Plus, it costs gold to hire them/customize them, so it can be a bit difficult at the start, but not impossible.

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
How are there so many faggots on the codex lol?

Imagine arguing that checking on a friend or co worker who looks bummed at a party is showing romantic interest? Bunch of fucking weirdos
Yeah,it is a den of impressive faggotness in here. Most of the staff are also faggots or some weird degenerates,even a pedo.

I get liking the game because there are a lot of good aspects but the way they handled romance is the most dog shit way to do it ever in an rpg. And that's not an exaggeration, this game literally has the worst romance system in gaming history.

It's garbage that you can't have a single bro in the game because every male party member takes any effort to build comradery as an invitation to sodomize them. Where's the male friend who just wants to go on an adventure and crack some skulls? Bioware never goofed this hard on romance and party interactions.

The party and romance and system alone takes the game from a potential 9 to 7.

Self-Ejected
As a matter of fact, this is a fantastic game and way more in the spirit of Forgotten Realms than the old, good Christian BioWare titles.
The game's content is more loyal, in fact, to the Greenwood vision of the original setting, which is absolutely incline.

darkpatriot

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Quick questsion, how necessary is a thief for exploration?

Not really a fan of the 4 character party limit, but I kind of want to drop Astarian and replace him with another character, but that will leave me with no thieves. Without lockpicking is that going to lock me out of a lot of areas, loot, and quest resolution options, or is it just a small amount of bonus loot that is behind locks you have to pick?

I am considering multi-classing my PC fighter to thief to make up for this lack (although he isn't exactly dex focused fighter build). I might also just restart (I am still at the beginning) and make my PC a thief.

A 6 character party would help a lot as I already feel I am required to have at least one thief and one cleric in the party, which pretty much just leaves 1 open slot in the party that I can use to put in a character I am interested in having in the party. Unless I make my PC a cleric or thief.

Heck, maybe I will make my main character a cleric/thief, just so I get 3 party slots open to add whatever characters I think are interesting. Even though I would rather play a fighter.

Except I also want my main character to have a high CHA, since they are the one doing the conversation checks, so multiclassing with classes that have non-CHA as the primary stat might be dicey.

Have I mentioned how I am not a fan of this 4 character party limit?

Self-Ejected

Atlet

Self-Ejected
Vatnik

Not really a fan of the 4 character party limit, but I kind of want to drop Astarian and replace him with another character, but that will leave me with no thieves. Without lockpicking is that going to lock me out of a lot of areas, loot, and quest resolution options, or is it just a small amount of bonus loot that is behind locks you have to pick?

I am considering multi-classing my PC fighter to thief to make up for this lack (although he isn't exactly dex focused fighter build). I might also just restart (I am still at the beginning) and make my PC a thief.

A 6 character party would help a lot as I already feel I am required to have at least one thief and one cleric in the party, which pretty much just leaves 1 open slot in the party that I can use to put in a character I am interested in having in the party. Unless I make my PC a cleric or thief.

Heck, maybe I will make my main character a cleric/thief, just so I get 3 party slots open to add whatever characters I think are interesting. Even though I would rather play a fighter.

Except I also want my main character to have a high CHA, since they are the one doing the conversation checks, so multiclassing with classes that have non-CHA as the primary stat might be dicey.

Have I mentioned how I am not a fan of this 4 character party limit?

Learn for yourself with trial and error, retard.

Question yourself what should be done and dont ask for tips. And close this thread.

Its a crap thread for vulgar idiots anyways.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

I get by with the knock spell from Gale

Last edited:

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Learn for yourself with trial and error, retard.

Question yourself what should be done and dont ask for tips. And close this thread.

Its a crap thread for vulgar idiots anyways.

You seem upset tranny. Are you going to be okay or do we need to get you a safe space with your bottle and blanky?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom