Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
A hotfix 2.1 is out:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1086940/view/6199820457237465522?l=english
Hello everyone,

As it turns out, many of you were doing so much in Baldur’s Gate 3 that some of your personal ‘story’ databases (where your choices and actions are stored) got too big. We now made the size infinite (or at least as infinite as you have storage space), to account for the sheer amount of things you’re all doing on your journeys.

As of today, we’re also reactivating cross-saves as we near our PlayStation 5 launch.

Hotfix #3 is currently in the oven, and will include further fixes in the near future.

Please reach out to our support team if you encounter any troubles on your journey through the Forgotten Realms.

CHANGES

• Fixed an issue with save games that could occur if a save file grew too large.
  • Re-enabled Larian Cloud savegames.

BruceVC

Magister
Thanks for all the feedback everyone!

Given that feedback and looking up all the companions and their classes to see which ones I will want to have be the chosen 3, I am probably going to restarts as a Dex focused fighter that has sleight of hand to be door and chest opener. Might multiclass with warlock since I am not going to have any wizard/warlock types in my party.

I am a bit bummed that I have to design my character around the companions I want to have in my harem party rather than the other way around, but that is what you get with a 4 character party limit.
Keep us updated on your progress and experience and remember just say NO if the bear asks you for dinner, it may not be about friendship ;)

Sunri

Liturgist
How does dark urge works? if you kill a companion in a cutscene, is it perma or can you ress them?

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
How does dark urge works? if you kill a companion in a cutscene, is it perma or can you ress them?
All companion deaths in these scenarios seem permanent.

If Astarion kills the player, you can res the player, but if you are playing Astarion and he kills an NPC, they stay dead. Very weird that no companion comments on this though. Major oversight imo.

I imagine Dark Urge will be similar.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
JamesDixon

COPE, SEETHE AND DILATE

afbeelding.png

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
So it's shit because of DANDINO 5.0 and the faggotry that you paid for. I love you man, but even this is a new low for you.
I paid for it before any faggotry (apart from 5E) was revealed.

Early access was very normal. Even the companion romances were toned down compared to this, where everyone seems to hit on the player in Act 1.

It wasn't until this year that they flooded the game with ESG: pronouns etc., and finally the bear sex announcement. Too late for refunds.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
So it's shit because of DANDINO 5.0 and the faggotry that you paid for. I love you man, but even this is a new low for you.
I paid for it before any faggotry (apart from 5E) was revealed.

Early access was very normal. Even the companion romances were toned down compared to this, where everyone seems to hit on the player in Act 1.

It wasn't until this year that they flooded the game with ESG: pronouns etc., and finally the bear sex announcement. Too late for refunds.

Have you learned your lesson about pre-ordering now? :lol:

MerchantKing

Learned
What a mess

>medium sized character uses shove on a medium sized character
>shove is supposed to be an attack action
>instead of something reasonable like 5 feet as in the p&p rules, it's across the room
>shove is performed after a full round action like dash

Shove is often treated as a bonus action (potion chug) instead of attack action being able to be performed after a dash; shove is an attack and should exclude you from doing anything else that requires all attack actions. It's also an attack action that only shoves a character five feet away as per the ruleset.

>AI is in combat but slightly further away from everyone than it should be or there is some tree between him and my characters
>AI stands still doing nothing for a minute or two and then ends its turn

I've also seen AI take an action, then do nothing for 10 seconds before ending their turn

>quicksave during combat
>cast spell
>reload until it succeeds
>profit
>quicksave during dialogue
>do check
>reload until it succeeds
>profit

To think BG1+2, IWD1+2, and rpgs in general didn't allow this for some reason. Yet Larian though this was a good idea.

>jump a large distance
>only charged 2-3 meters of movement

Effectively an exploit.

Larianshill

Arbiter
Faggot you can't drop a bomb like that and go away, give us a spoiler!
It's
Rolan. The moment the tavern fight happens in act 2, you drop EVERYTHING you're doing and go to the most southern bridge leading to the Moonrise towers. Be very fast, because he's fighting shadows, and combat starts the moment you enter the vicinity of him. If you manage to save him, the game rewards you in a big way later. Not to mention, he's just a nice guy, I like him being alive."

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
JamesDixon

COPE, SEETHE AND DILATE

afbeelding.png

Why would I cope and seethe? I have no opinion about this piece of shit and you loving it says more about how much of a tranny loser that you are. The only one that's coping is you and anyone that dares to criticize this pile of steaming excrement.
afbeelding.png

"ll..ll..loser!!"

Hahaha! Yes we're the ones posting in a thread about a game we hate. It's a massive commerical and critical success, your worthless opinion won't change that fact.

Stay butthurt and keep crying here, great entertainment!

And don't forget: Cope, seethe and dilate ;)

Last edited:

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
JamesDixon

COPE, SEETHE AND DILATE

afbeelding.png

I have no opinion about this piece of shit
Claims the guy who posts multiple times in this thread, clearly on the verge of tears

I haven't cried in the slightest. I'm just laughing my ass off at all you retards slurping this consooomer grade excrement. Just keep slurping away. Oh you got shit on your face from having it shoved up Sven's ass.

Imagine being so butthurt that someone dares to not toe the line. Me thinks that you doth protesteth too much.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Raphael is quite strong, if you don't use any control spell on him. But if you do then he is a little bitch. Pretty bad design if you ask me.

I do like his personal combat music, pretty neat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom