Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Kiste

Augur
I haven't cried in the slightest. I'm just laughing my ass off at all you retards slurping this consooomer grade excrement. Just keep slurping away. Oh you got shit on your face from having it shoved up Sven's ass.

Imagine being so butthurt that someone dares to not toe the line.

It's a video game. It's 60 bucks. Not liking it doesn't make you some sort of anti-consumerist freethinker. You're not the Ted Kaczynski of vidya. You're just a low-grade sperg with an anger problem.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I haven't cried in the slightest. I'm just laughing my ass off at all you retards slurping this consooomer grade excrement. Just keep slurping away. Oh you got shit on your face from having it shoved up Sven's ass.

Imagine being so butthurt that someone dares to not toe the line.

It's a video game. It's 60 bucks. Not liking it doesn't make you some sort of anti-consumerist freethinker. You're not the Ted Kaczynski of vidya. You're just a low-grade sperg with an anger problem.

I think I hurt her feelings. You should try crying harder. The only one displaying any anger here is you. That's why you've rated my posts negatively because I hurt your fee fees. Cry harder you stupid bint.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
afbeelding.png

COPE

SEETHE

DILATE
13 reviews vs 145 reviews. Cope with what? That you're full of shit?

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
Faggot you can't drop a bomb like that and go away, give us a spoiler!
It's
Rolan. The moment the tavern fight happens in act 2, you drop EVERYTHING you're doing and go to the most southern bridge leading to the Moonrise towers. Be very fast, because he's fighting shadows, and combat starts the moment you enter the vicinity of him. If you manage to save him, the game rewards you in a big way later. Not to mention, he's just a nice guy, I like him being alive."
Also, just to add to this Rolan leaving actually triggered before the tavern fight for me because I had the moonlantern, this caused him to leave pretty much as soon as I talked to him, so if you get the lantern keep that in mind

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
So are the Shadowlands "Act 2" already or am I still in Act 1? Because fuuuck me I'm starting to burn out a bit.

Shaki

Arbiter
no, seriously, i 'm kinda lost. can't decide who to take with me as 4th party member along with frog and shadow. dat feeling when elf vampire fag is almost normal choice compared to others...

not karlach - that's for sure. coldsteel sonic compared to her is cool and wholesome character.
Unironically vampire fag is the sanest choice. Maybe the drow is better if you pick her, but I killed her so idk. Certainly vamp fag is better than Gayl, nigger fag, THE BEAR and Karlach.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Thing that is annoying me is the Fallout 3 level checks:

[Insight]Stop being a villain bro.

Yes, I will stop being a villain and will do a 180º change after such eloquent argument.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
0.8% of players have beaten Act 2 according to the achievements. Will be interesting to see if this number changes.

The game is very long. I imagine most won't be no-lifing this game as much as some people here have.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Why are you lying dude?
The only thing I can tell with certainty is that I haven't been harassed by anyone, in 30 hours of gameplay and 3 times going to camp.
:lol: Actually, it does look a bit like you're trying to gaslight BrotherFrank.
I'm just saying that before offering a man a drink at a party in the game, he should consider how this looks if he does it to an IRL man. I wouldn't put the blame with Halsin for this misunderstaning
Yo awesome what you doing in your corner? Here bro let me get you a beer, my treat!

As much as i’d like to say i am a player who ever only goes to events filled exclusively with impossibly beautiful women, i have interacted with irl dudes on occasion at these things and an offer of a drink has never been mistaken for an advance.
I did not even know it could until bg3.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Anyone find any successful multi classes?
Most 5E multiclass builds work to some degree.

Wizard multiclassing is pretty broken. Take 1 level in Wizard, then level another caster class (like Cleric) and use a magic item to bump your INT to 17. You will now have 4 or 5 Wizard spell slots and can cast any spell you learn from then on.
But only level 1 wizard spell slots, right? What exactly do you mean here, could you cast higher level wizard spells learned from scrolls in the cleric spell slots?

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Thing that is annoying me is the Fallout 3 level checks:

[Insight]Stop being a villain bro.

Yes, I will stop being a villain and will do a 180º change after such eloquent argument.
There was only one of those that was really bad imo, and it was at the end of Act 2, but it doesn't really convince him. You just skip one combat scene.

What annoys me more are all the meaningless stat checks that waste influence points and give you nothing but flavor dialog.

Last edited:

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Anyone find any successful multi classes?
Most 5E multiclass builds work to some degree.

Wizard multiclassing is pretty broken. Take 1 level in Wizard, then level another caster class (like Cleric) and use a magic item to bump your INT to 17. You will now have 4 or 5 Wizard spell slots and can cast any spell you learn from then on.
But only level 1 wizard spell slots, right?

What exactly do you mean here, could you cast higher level wizard spells learned from scrolls in the cleric spell slots?
Something like this.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I think I beat the build game. Around 38 functional AC, massive save bonuses, got a certain drow's shield for advantage on magic saves/hit disadvantage, numerous other defensive stuff.

The fuck? Isn't the level cap 12? How on earth did you get 38 ac?
I'm only level 11. AC isn't really dependent on your level at all for most classes. You will need other party members for this to work, and it's only functional, not permanent.

Here's a breakdown of how I got there:

20 Armor
3 Shield
1 Defensive fighting style
4 from random other items I forget their names
2 Shield of Faith
1 Warding Bond
2 Haste
5 Shield spell

If you want to get to ridiculous levels, throw on Mirror Image for another +9 (but this gets removed very easily) for 47 AC. But the number of enemies that can get through a 38 AC with non-crits is already super low.

You will still get hit by things like tenacity and half damage spell, but resistance from warding bond and all the other damage reduction I have on basically reduces it to low single digits.

My typical combat strategy is to literally just charge in with my sorcadin and leave the rest of the party somewhere safe where I basically just skip their turns. Downside is the combat usually takes longer because I'm sort of soloing the game.

Last edited:

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Gee and I was just thinking how strong my bard is for winning the Bhaal duel.

Oh well at least I can pick locks too.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
JamesDixon

COPE, SEETHE AND DILATE

afbeelding.png

I have no opinion about this piece of shit
Claims the guy who posts multiple times in this thread, clearly on the verge of tears

Imagine being so butthurt that someone dares to not toe the line. Me thinks that you doth protesteth too much.

Lol, have chuds like you any self awareness while posting this pathetic kindergarten drivel?

"No, I don't cry. I'm tough man. You lie. I stay engaged in this because I just don't care at all. These are no tears, this is sweat."

Jesus Christ. Log off the codex or play a game you like.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Gee and I was just thinking how strong my bard is for winning the Bhaal duel.

Oh well at least I can pick locks too.

WshFcvH.png

Uh, actually any class can pick locks. It's mostly luck-based.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom