Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Heinrich

Scholar
Has anyone played as an origin character?

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
If anyone is wondering what the one-use cleric Divine Intervention does, it's super stupid.

Choose between:

• Big AOE that does does middling damage to enemies (30-80 or something)
  • Get some camp supplies
  • A middling +2(?) mace you get to keep
Or, and this is funny

• resurrecting all allies, and giving those alive a full long rest instantly

That dumbshit Raphael got his shit pushed in by me and my new friend that I rescued.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
As a matter of fact, this is a fantastic game and way more in the spirit of Forgotten Realms than the old, good Christian BioWare titles.
The game's content is more loyal, in fact, to the Greenwood vision of the original setting, which is absolutely incline.
Greenwood is a degenerate who never grew out of his horny canadian nerd phase and who likes to shove every one of his fuckin' fetishes in his stories.
VERY DEEP! Tolkien would be jealous.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I went ahead and tried playing as Astarion. It's pretty neat.

Not too much different from playing with a normal character, although certain NPCs like Ethel will react to you being a vamp, and you will get the chance to feed on a companion during a cutscene (need to pass a stealth check). You also get quite a few different dialog options and a dream sequence with Cazador near the start.

Haven't made it very far, so I haven't revealed his vampirism to anyone yet. Also, I was disappointed that killing an NPC in that scene results in no reaction from the other NPCs, even though they are permanently dead.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
The mace is pretty good it's +3 with a 1d8 elemental die.

What is retarded is some of the other "legendary" items you get they have +2 enchantment bonus and don't do anything. Many of the items need to be toned up.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
https://hardcoregamer.com/reviews/review-baldurs-gate-iii/458558/

Another 10/10 and more tears for our butthurt friends.

so-so-good.gif

Mojobeard

Augur
I've had multiple times the situation now where Scorching Ray etc could easily find a path, but Magic Missile could not :|
Very weird. I've had MM go around corners. Maybe you were blinded or something.
Nope. Nothing but buffs, had light, same enemy, same turn, which is why I turned to Scorching Ray. Went up and down and side to side of the enemy model too.
And I definitely couldn't aim SRs blind if I couldn't aim MMs.
I know it usually goes around corners, and from a very long distance, but last one where it wasn't co-operating was within 10m.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I made it to the beach as karlach before quitting back to main menu and deleting my save and reloading as a custom origin.

If what I saw was any indication, you definitely get more voiced, custom dialogue.
Yes, there was at least one voiced reaction I saw as Astarion. Not that many though.

I do wish they would have gone full voice for the game and voiced the PC like Mass Effect. They voiced almost everyone else. But doing origin characters likely precluded this, since they would have had to do 7 other voices, in addition to the normal male/female voices.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
Just got the Wyll dance scene, I've never felt so embarrassed for an NPC in my life. I agree with what BrotherFrank said before, it feels so harsh and even if you reject him in the nicest way he looks at you like you've ruined his life. I guess props to the actor for capturing the emotion well but nobody wants to play a romantic rejection simulator

Self-Ejected

Atlet

Self-Ejected
Vatnik
JamesDixon

COPE, SEETHE AND DILATE

afbeelding.png

I have no opinion about this piece of shit
Claims the guy who posts multiple times in this thread, clearly on the verge of tears

I haven't cried in the slightest. I'm just laughing my ass off at all you retards slurping this consooomer grade excrement. Just keep slurping away. Oh you got shit on your face from having it shoved up Sven's ass.

Imagine being so butthurt that someone dares to not toe the line. Me thinks that you doth protesteth too much.

Lol, have chuds like you any self awareness while posting this pathetic kindergarten drivel?

"No, I don't cry. I'm tough man. You lie. I stay engaged in this because I just don't care at all. These are no tears, this is sweat."

Jesus Christ. Log off the codex or play a game you like.

He is a self-proclaimed incel loner, lol, what did you expect from him?

Guy is a massive loser.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I know. It's 2023 and lad here is still mad about what happened to D&D 2000 onwards.
Eh. You're posting in a thread about Baldur's Gate and mad that someone likes BG1&2 better than 3. It's pretty on-topic.
Well one can't deny the truth. It is an overall better game.
You're joking, right?
Have you even played the original games? You know, the ones designed for the prestigious AD&D 2E?

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I know. It's 2023 and lad here is still mad about what happened to D&D 2000 onwards.
Eh. You're posting in a thread about Baldur's Gate and mad that someone likes BG1&2 better than 3. It's pretty on-topic.
You're joking, right?
Have you even played the original games? You know, the ones designed for the prestigious AD&D 2E?

She hasn't because she's ignorant.

Latro

Arcane
Codexers look at sixty dollar price tag for kotc2: lol pogz…miss me wit dat shieeet muthafugga

Codexers look at bg3: thank you daddy I will spend 150 on double deluxe edition for my cuck mindflayer bestiality fantasies

Self-Ejected
You're joking, right?
Yes i do. And...
A) Has not a branching narrative like this game.
B) There are little spells or abilities you can use outside of combat.
C) Encounter design is designed for RTWP in mind so you have a lot of trash mobs.
D) It had wacky stuff good memoral moments but overall was pretty straightforward.
Makes me wonder if you dislike this game so much why you come in this thread? Is not like we are interested in hear you whining people we get it you don't like it well... We do.
Is not rocked science :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom