Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Latro

Arcane
I know. It's 2023 and lad here is still mad about what happened to D&D 2000 onwards.
Eh. You're posting in a thread about Baldur's Gate and mad that someone likes BG1&2 better than 3. It's pretty on-topic.
Well one can't deny the truth. It is an overall better game.
You're joking, right?
Have you even played the original games? You know, the ones designed for the prestigious AD&D 2E?
Yes i do. And...
A) Has not a branching narrative like this game.
B) There are little spells or abilities you can use outside of combat.
C) Encounter design is designed for RTWP in mind so you have a lot of trash mobs.
D) It had wacky stuff good memoral moments but overall was pretty straightforward.
Makes me wonder if you dislike this game so much why you come in this thread? Is not like we are interested in hear you whining people we get it you don't like it well... We do.
Is not rocked science :)
Ok, this is a solid discord troll

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I know. It's 2023 and lad here is still mad about what happened to D&D 2000 onwards.
Eh. You're posting in a thread about Baldur's Gate and mad that someone likes BG1&2 better than 3. It's pretty on-topic.
Meh, never referred to any post by him containing BG1&2. Stay fair. :smug:

That's because you didn't ask. BG 1&2 is superior to this pile of shit. Also, AD&D 2E is the pinnacle of Gary and Dave's original game design. Wizards of the Woke couldn't design a good RPG if it would save their lives. The only thing that DANDINO has is the brand name. It's a bit like calling an apple a banana. A banana is not an apple and shares nothing in common with the apple other than being called an apple.

When did you get into gaming? Pen and paper or video games will suffice.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Codexers look at sixty dollar price tag for kotc2: lol pogz…miss me wit dat shieeet muthafugga

Codexers look at bg3: thank you daddy I will spend 150 on double deluxe edition for my cuck mindflayer bestiality fantasies
https://hardcoregamer.com/reviews/review-baldurs-gate-iii/458558/

Another 10/10 and more tears for our butthurt friends.

so-so-good.gif
Is it by another tranny, or is it maybe a homo this time around?
COPE

SEETHE

and

DILATE

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
I love BG3 so far but there are still things the originals, especially BG2, do better. Less sprawling questlines makes the narrative feel more focused in BG2, the companions are overall more likeable even if there's less depth to them and I prefer how Irenicus was handled to how they're writing the villains in this one (although I'll wait until Act 3 for the final verdict on the last part as I'm only on Act 2 now). BG3 is a lot more polished and there's a lot more to do but there's plenty to love about the OGs as well and I wouldn't say this is straight up a better game.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
Codexers look at sixty dollar price tag for kotc2: lol pogz…miss me wit dat shieeet muthafugga

Codexers look at bg3: thank you daddy I will spend 150 on double deluxe edition for my cuck mindflayer bestiality fantasies

4yuGVGr.png

Ouch.

I'm pretty sure KotC2 is a passion project and has its moments but to put that even in a competition with a behemoth like BG3 ... retarded.

HammyTheFat

Scholar

4yuGVGr.png

Ouch.

I'm pretty sure KotC2 is a passion project and has its moments but to put that even in a competition with a behemoth like BG3 ... retarded.
Is the negative review for KOTC2 by the guy who played ten hours but with an additional ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY HOURS PLAYED AFTER THE BAD REVIEW still at the top?

Latro

Arcane

4yuGVGr.png

Ouch.

I’m not talking about kotc2 in the context of normalfags, I’m talking in the context of the codex - the erstwhile home of crotchety grognards. Turns out this place cares more about BioWare presentation over all else.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
I love BG3 so far but there are still things the originals, especially BG2, do better. Less sprawling questlines makes the narrative feel more focused in BG2, the companions are overall more likeable even if there's less depth to them and I prefer how Irenicus was handled to how they're writing the villains in this one (although I'll wait until Act 3 for the final verdict on the last part as I'm only on Act 2 now). BG3 is a lot more polished and there's a lot more to do but there's plenty to love about the OGs as well and I wouldn't say this is straight up a better game.
I'm somewhat find myself here. Also it's not really fair to compare 20 year old games with the shiny new gem. BG 1&2 have been cRPG GOAT at their time, BG3 is now. Not a better game, but a worthy successor. And a lot more horny.

Last edited:

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck

Vintage 87. Played Monkey Island with my dad in 1993. Played both BG1 & 2 at release, played some pen&paper in college but mostly Call of Cthulhu.

1976, bitch, with Pong. I played most of the classic arcades from the late 1970s till the mid 1990s. I got into D&D when it was AD&D 1E in '84. So I was playing games long before you were even a gleam in your daddy's eye.

So pardon me when I say that my experience with games far exceeds yours. I respect the creators of the game I love. This abomination shits right all over everything that Gary and Dave did.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter

Vintage 87. Played Monkey Island with my dad in 1993. Played both BG1 & 2 at release, played some pen&paper in college but mostly Call of Cthulhu.

1976, bitch, with Pong. I played most of the classic arcades from the late 1970s till the mid 1990s. I got into D&D when it was AD&D 1E in '84. So I was playing games long before you were even a gleam in your daddy's eye.

So pardon me when I say that my experience with games far exceeds yours. I respect the creators of the game I love. This abomination shits right all over everything that Gary and Dave did.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar

O ... okay? So your point is that you are older than me? I guess ... well done?

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Agents of decline (LGBT) are derailing the thread yet again.

The problem is that faggots cannot handle any valid criticism of a game or anything because it will force them to think about their own situation "Am I really so unintelligent and mentally weak that I am a faggot? No reality doesn't apply to me".

I'll be the arbiter here as I have the moral authority to do so and a clean bill of mental health. Fags are always wrong.

BG3 is "fine" just as DA:O was "fine" it is missing too many things to be great.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar

Hmmm. I found fun in every iteration of the game because at the end not everything is about the rules, but the people you play with. I also tend to not get hateful about something that was created to have fun for leisure time.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Btw, does fast travel move "time forward" where things can happen without you being there, or is that just long rest? I have lots of stuff to sell.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
O ... okay? So your point is that you are older than me? I guess ... well done?

Yeah because you like shit. I like monocled things.

Hmmm. I found fun in every iteration of the game because at the end not everything is about the rules, but the people you play with. I also tend to not get hateful about something that was created to have fun for leisure time.

Oh so fucking bears and trannies being in character creation is something you like? Hmm I'll take my respected prior games that had better writing from actual professional writers not diversity hires that couldn't actually pen a good story. Your sexual orientation is not characterization. It's retardation and makes you no better than an animal.

Sad that you like this pile of shit.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

-It's levels 1-12 so most of the early game the puny spellcasters will be slinging shitty cantrips and lvl 1-2 spells

Level 1-2 spells are amazing in DnD. Sleep, grease, charm, web, fear, all of those things can really wreck the shit out on an entire encounter if done right (and a bit of luck on the saving throws). I don't know if they are as strong in BG3 as they were in past games but it's a misconception that low level mages are "weak". The problem with low level mages is that they usually don't have many spell slots, not that the spells aren't super useful from the get go. Get to level 3 which is not that far off from what you are talking about and you get absolute nuke monsters like fireball.

I mean what was the cap in BG1, level 6, 7? I dare anybody say mages didn't wreck shit there as well.

FalloutBR

Educated
Haven't read much nor did I play any of the EA. Plan on giving this a go when I build my new rig next week. However, the little I have read says that right now this is more of a "Sexual harassment simulator" with you the player being the target of said harassment. Everyone hits on you / wants to sleep with you constantly anytime you choose a nice dialogue response? True / hyperbole? If so does this game allow you to create your own party like Icewind Dale to avoid this cringe?
I would say it's hyperbole since it is such a tiny % of the game, can't really say it's a sexual simulator... but indeed all male companions hit on you. Gale actually tricked me char saying he would teach me some magic and I agreed (it's a fantasy RPG, I was hoping I'd get a new skill or something). Turns out the "magic" is gay sex... later in the game he tries again a similar trick even though I turned him down the previous time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom