Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
(KotC2)

To be fair, especially later fights can become too much about winning initiative and nuking the enemy before they nuke you

[...]

It's a masterpiece of game design.

These statements aren't exactly compatible, are they? "Win the initiative roll or fucking die" doesn't sound like brilliant game design.

You sound like a care bear that can't stand to lose your precious character. The best games had perma-death. I'd bet you'd shit your diapers when you lost your character permanently.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
I didn't like the brothel when you get past the first gate guards btw. First time in the game where I actually felt like an ideology was being forced on me by the writers, given that all your dialogue options are "I love this place! Sex work is real work! Prostitution is great! There is no such thing as exploitation of women!". Also lol @ half the brothel patrons being female, modern (presumably male) game writers love doing that even though it simply bears no resemblance to reality and is actually harder to believe than the existence of dragons and shit.

Now this is bollocks. I was worried about how they handle a brothel and this is as bad as it can get.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
(KotC2)

To be fair, especially later fights can become too much about winning initiative and nuking the enemy before they nuke you

[...]

These statements aren't exactly compatible, are they? "Win the initiative roll or fucking die" doesn't sound like brilliant game design.
Just read Darth Roxor's review. You might gonna reconsider if you want to play this masterpiece of game design

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I played KotC2 on release, and it was a mess. Maybe it's better now, I don't know, but more complicated rules don't make up for a sadistic joke of a campaign. PS: fighters get to do a lot of fun stuff in BG3.
Passing on KotC2 after playing and beating KotC1. I seriously hate its encounter design, which relies heavily on your -randomly- assigned starting position to not completely fuck you over. Hope you like reloading! Meanwhile, there are too many other games I want to play before trying 'part deux' from the same designer.

Self-Ejected
I didn't like the brothel when you get past the first gate guards btw. First time in the game where I actually felt like an ideology was being forced on me by the writers, given that all your dialogue options are "I love this place! Sex work is real work! Prostitution is great! There is no such thing as exploitation of women!". Also lol @ half the brothel patrons being female, modern (presumably male) game writers love doing that even though it simply bears no resemblance to reality and is actually harder to believe than the existence of dragons and shit.

Now this is bollocks. I was worried about how they handle a brothel and this is as bad as it can get.
The brothel in question is dedicated to Sharess, the goddess of Sensual pleasure. Is it normal that there is not explotation there again? This is another case of misunderstanding by those that don't know the realms or the lore.
https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Sharess

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I played KotC2 on release, and it was a mess. Maybe it's better now, I don't know, but more complicated rules don't make up for a sadistic joke of a campaign. PS: fighters get to do a lot of fun stuff in BG3.
Passing on KotC2 after playing and beating KotC1. I seriously hate how encounter design that heavily relies on your -randomly- assigned starting position to not completely fuck you. Hope you like reloading. There are too many other games I want to play before trying 'part deux' of the same designer.
Yeah, it's like he doubled down on the worst aspects of KotC1 and expected this to work out well. What a dumbass

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
It had wacky stuff good memoral moments but overall was pretty straightforward.
Really, m'queen?
Like the bear sex? I heard it is INCREDIBLY IMMERSIVE AND CINEMATIC! 10/10!
Literally not one of the companions in the game is memorable as a character, just typical party member with stupid backstory and motivations.
5E was a mistake.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Really, m'queen?
Literally not one of the companions in the game is memorable as a character, just typical party member with stupid backstory and motivations.
5E was a mistake.

She's a woman and confuses sex with characterization.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yeah, it's like he doubled down on the worst aspects of KotC1 and expected this to work out well. What a dumbass
Yeah ok, now it went from a pass to a hard pass. I love a good implemented 3.5 game, but fuck that.

Self-Ejected
Really, m'queen?
5E was a mistake.
Thank you for sharing your distress. I am deeply sorry you are such a disconsolate person. Here is a pack of tissues to alleviate your suffering.

Self-Ejected
Really, m'queen?
5E was a mistake.

Or maybe i know the lore unlike many here.

Takamori

Learned
(KotC2)

[...]

Just read Darth Roxor's review. You might gonna reconsider if you want to play this masterpiece of game design
Regarding the initiative nuking enemies that's basically the meta in 3.5, don't blame the KotC dev for that.
Act first and blow up whatever, thats why I preferred to setup a ceiling of lvl 12 in my pnp adventures.

Zayne

Scholar
Mopping up Act 2, only Moonrise towers remain.

Two things I've liked most:
a) Convincing all 4 minibosses to kill themselves. Especially the fact that it's not "[Persuasion] Please die", but you have to get creative every time.
b) Trials in Shar temple, the doppelganger one in particular

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Really, m'queen?
5E was a mistake.

Ummm...
What lore?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
KOTC2 has difficulty options. You don't have to play on the ball bustingly hard difficulty.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Really, m'queen?
5E was a mistake.

Or maybe we all realize that Ed Greenwood is a pervert and lost his marbles 20 years ago. Of course you would like perverts. It is as I said. You confuse sex with characterization just like Ed does.

Ed never was that good of a writer. What made FR explode in AD&D 2E was other writers using it as a setting. All of his characters sucked ass as they were Gary Stues or Mary Sues.

Self-Ejected
Really, m'queen?
5E was a mistake.

Or maybe we all realize that Ed Greenwood is a pervert and lost his marbles 20 years ago. Of course you would like perverts. It is as I said. You confuse sex with characterization just like Ed does.

Ed never was that good of a writer. What made FR explode in AD&D 2E was other writers using it as a setting. All of his characters sucked ass as they were Gary Stues or Mary Sues.
Thank you for sharing your opinion, which unfortunately is of little value. For this reason, I will place you in ignore as there is no discussion when there is no will to debate and argue and instead bring Twitter talk. Thank you for trying; unfortunately, your opinion is of no value to me, so there is no need for me to read it. Keep coping.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
1691693971802.png

For what it's worth, at least the pansexual bear man doesn't try to gobble your dick on sight hit on you like the other 100% of characters in the game.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
as they were Gary Stues or Mary Sues.
*Cough Elminster cough*

TSR's code of conduct kept his degeneracy at bay. It didn't come out until Wizards of the Woke let him do it.

Thank you for sharing your opinion, you make me hot and bothered. I want to have your babies, but I'm too old and hit the wall at Mach 10.

Well thanks I guess. You could always, ya know, put me on ignore. Besides I thought you left this place to never return. What's the matter did you miss me?

Eisenheinrich

Scholar

The brothel in question is dedicated to Sharess, the goddess of Sensual pleasure. Is it normal that there is not explotation there again? This is another case of misunderstanding by those that don't know the realms or the lore.

I get that and can live with it. The prostitutes are more like priests and priestesses of Ishtar who performed sacred prostitution. Common thing in ancient time. It's about how they sell it.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Really, m'queen?
5E was a mistake.

Thank you for sharing your opinion, which unfortunately is of little value. For this reason, I will place you in ignore as there is no discussion when there is no will to debate and argue and instead bring Twitter talk. Thank you for trying; unfortunately, your opinion is of no value to me, so there is no need for me to read it. Keep coping.
Twitter talk? Twitter is not half as autistic as Codex! Go back to Resetera if this bothers you!

Self-Ejected

I get that and can live with it. The prostitutes are more like priests and priestesses of Ishtar who performed sacred prostitution. Common thing in ancient time. It's about how they sell it.
Pretty much. There is also to add that usually Sharess is a divinity that gets often mentioned during feasts or in festhalls; she is not seen as a goddess of degeneracy, which is perfectly normal and accepted in the society in the setting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom