Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Self-Ejected
It had wacky stuff good memoral moments but overall was pretty straightforward.
Really, m'queen?
Like the bear sex? I heard it is INCREDIBLY IMMERSIVE AND CINEMATIC! 10/10!
Literally not one of the companions in the game is memorable as a character, just typical party member with stupid backstory and motivations.
5E was a mistake.

She's a woman and confuses sex with characterization.
Or maybe i know the lore unlike many here.

Or maybe we all realize that Ed Greenwood is a pervert and lost his marbles 20 years ago. Of course you would like perverts. It is as I said. You confuse sex with characterization just like Ed does.

Ed never was that good of a writer. What made FR explode in AD&D 2E was other writers using it as a setting. All of his characters sucked ass as they were Gary Stues or Mary Sues.
Thank you for sharing your opinion, which unfortunately is of little value. For this reason, I will place you in ignore as there is no discussion when there is no will to debate and argue and instead bring Twitter talk. Thank you for trying; unfortunately, your opinion is of no value to me, so there is no need for me to read it. Keep coping.
Twitter talk? Twitter is not half as autistic as Codex! Go back to Resetera if this bothers you!
Codex is resetera. But this is not an argument for this thread lunatics are lunatics wich side they swing is not relevant.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Really, m'queen?
Literally not one of the companions in the game is memorable as a character, just typical party member with stupid backstory and motivations.
5E was a mistake.

Or maybe we all realize that Ed Greenwood is a pervert and lost his marbles 20 years ago. Of course you would like perverts. It is as I said. You confuse sex with characterization just like Ed does.

Ed never was that good of a writer. What made FR explode in AD&D 2E was other writers using it as a setting. All of his characters sucked ass as they were Gary Stues or Mary Sues.
Thank you for sharing your opinion, which unfortunately is of little value. For this reason, I will place you in ignore as there is no discussion when there is no will to debate and argue and instead bring Twitter talk. Thank you for trying; unfortunately, your opinion is of no value to me, so there is no need for me to read it. Keep coping.
Twitter talk? Twitter is not half as autistic as Codex! Go back to Resetera if this bothers you!
Codex is resetera. But this is not an argument for this thread lunatics are lunatics wich side they swing is not relevant.
Your brain is overheating. Go have a cold shower.
If this was Resetera there would be 17 pages instead of 176 and every 2nd post would be deleted along with its poster banned.

Self-Ejected
Really, m'queen?
5E was a mistake.

Nah. I am not the one that spends time repeating the same things all over again in a thread of a game i am not interested at. :D

Doktor Best

Arcane
Haven't read much nor did I play any of the EA. Plan on giving this a go when I build my new rig next week. However, the little I have read says that right now this is more of a "Sexual harassment simulator" with you the player being the target of said harassment. Everyone hits on you / wants to sleep with you constantly anytime you choose a nice dialogue response? True / hyperbole? If so does this game allow you to create your own party like Icewind Dale to avoid this cringe?
I would say it's hyperbole since it is such a tiny % of the game, can't really say it's a sexual simulator... but indeed all male companions hit on you. Gale actually tricked me char saying he would teach me some magic and I agreed (it's a fantasy RPG, I was hoping I'd get a new skill or something). Turns out the "magic" is gay sex... later in the game he tries again a similar trick even though I turned him down the previous time.

"Whats the trick about?"

"I'm gonna make my dick disappear in your arsehole"

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut

You misspelled which. Didn't your spellcheck catch it? The only lunatic here is you. Thanks for projecting your mental health problems onto others.

Did you just assume she had a brain? How dare you!

Nah. I am not the one that spends time repeating the same things all over again in a thread of a game i am not interested at. :D

No, you just like to cause drama and try to gain my attention via quoting me. What's the matter did you miss so much? I missed you to Mebs.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Really, m'queen?
5E was a mistake.

Disadvantage of no mods deleting and banning left and right is topics go sideways often. That is also an advantage as shit topic can become interesting as a result.

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
People fail to realize the old games were actually watered down by mature content by design. But the setting is not. They cry about degeneracy, but they show ignorance. Larian did only the sensitive thing by implementing a game with the content, as the old creator of the setting meant. Is it just that Interplay and Bioware at the time were pretty selective with the content in order to deliver a teen-friendly experience? So yes, when you complain about degeneracy, you clearly have no clue what there is and was in Forgotten Realms or D&D, and you are projecting your own false perception of how it was.

The game is pretty good; it has more choice, consequences, and character agency than any RPG could only dream about. It looks pretty and plays well; the only complaint I have is the UI. But you can get used to it once you learn how it works.
Also again why are you here?
We get it you don't like the game but no ammount of whining, crying and pointing finger will make us like less the game. All you will obtain is being laughting stock.

Wtf are you talking about? D&D is what you make it. There is no inherent degeneracy in the lore. In fact if you think about it, wouldn't some of these Gods and their clerics and paladins be against degeneracy and fags and trans. Or that doesn't fit your head cannon faggot?
Haem no.

"As to sexual attitudes in the Realms, there is indeed local prejudice against individuals who have “different” or “unusual” sexuality—bigotry and a dislike of change and “what’s not usual” is everywhere and is (unfortunately) part of being human.
Specific religions often invoke temporary abstinence as punishments for transgressions against the creed of the faith, but other matters sexual are usually ignored in doctrine, rather than policed by doctrine (consecration or baptism of willing, old-enough-to-choose offspring being an important exception; this is urged and promoted by almost all Faerûnian faiths).
Yet in a polytheistic setting in which everyone “believes in” and worships (in some fashion, even if it’s only “Here’s a prayer, now please don’t bother me today”) ALL of the gods, clergy avoid endorsing discrimination against someone because of sex. Which doesn’t mean they won’t severely speak to someone they think does something inappropriate, like trying to fornicate with grieving individuals at a funeral, or anyone forcing their attentions on someone except a recipient receiving such attentions as part of a ritual to Loviatar or Sharess or Sune or Shiallia the recipient has agreed beforehand to take part in, and knows what this will mean [[in other words, self-chosen submission is acceptable, but being on the receiving end of forced and unwanted sex is not]].
Shiallia wants all creatures to reproduce and multiply, which means fertile females should engage in sex with partners of their choice, regardless of their marital state (and all devout worshippers of the goddess should help in the feeding and rearing of said offspring); it does NOT mean those fertile females have to accept the advances of every passing creature.
In general, “anything goes” in the wilderness, the settled status quo is most valued (and adhered to) in small villages and towns, and as places get larger and have more contact with the wider Realms (market towns, being on caravan routes), the more tolerant and varied sexuality can be found and is tolerated/ignored. Bisexual characters exist in the Realms and always have done, as have “out” homosexual characters, May/December partnerships, polygamy, and just about everything else.

Yet matters sexual are seldom the “big deal” in the Realms that it is in any real-world area dominated by one faith, where clerics of that faith presume to tell others “how to behave.” The polytheistic nature of the Realms is one reason for this, and another is the D&D® game itself, that with its array of sentient races, presents what some would call “bestiality” or other terms for “coupling with other races” as a fait accompli (otherwise, there would be no “half-elves” or “half-orcs”).

Yes, this has all been discussed before, but that’s okay. The computerized search-fu in the Keep is frail, but the minds of its scribes are sharp, quick, and apt to dredge up old lines from older scrolls when the need arises.
The beauty of fantasy roleplaying, and the Realms, is that anyone playing in it can include or leave out or ignore or gloss over what they want to or are most comfortable with. The darkness creeps in when one player or group tries to impose their preferences on everyone else.

Some festhalls, brothels, and clubs signal whom or what they cater to, but most don’t; locals just “know” (and tavernmasters and innkeepers will discreetly answer queries as to “where to go” without misleading or reacting with hostility to such questions; correctly guiding guests without making judgments is just part of their livelihood). Carved signboards are the most common advertisement (depicting entwined, kissing couples or triads or quartets, usually in no more detail than heads, arms, shoulders, and bared breasts, with the participants indicating what “goes” inside: for example, two men together, or a lizard man and a human female, with a free hand raised to hold a glass if it’s also a drinking club, or holding a hand of cards or a platter of food to indicate a gambling establishment or that food is served, and so on)."

Ed Greenwood.

I had to skim this because you wrote an entire novel but the fact there are multiple gods adds to my points. Wouldn't SOME of the gods and their paladins be against degeneracy? Some of these gods are about ORDER which obviously goes against a lot of this.

Why is there no option to play an anti fag and anti trans path? Because that would have faggots and degenerates all in their feels.

Kiste

Augur
Codex is resetera.
If this was Resetera there would be 17 pages instead of 176 and every 2nd post would be deleted along with its poster banned.

Resetera censors almost everything, no matter how level-headed.
Codex consors almost nothing, no matter how retarded.

On Codex, people complain if there is too much faggot, tranny and nigger content.
On Resetera, people complain if there too little faggot, tranny and nigger content.

The two forums form a yin-yang of retardation. It's almost uncanny.

Last edited:

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex is resetera.

Resetera censors almost everything, no matter how level-headed.
Codex consors almost nothing, no matter how retarded.

On Codex people complain if there is too much faggot, tranny and nigger content.
On Resetera they complain if there too little faggot, tranny and nigger content.

The two forums form a yin-yang of retardation. It's almost uncanny.
So why are you here then retard?

Self-Ejected
People fail to realize the old games were actually watered down by mature content by design. But the setting is not. They cry about degeneracy, but they show ignorance. Larian did only the sensitive thing by implementing a game with the content, as the old creator of the setting meant. Is it just that Interplay and Bioware at the time were pretty selective with the content in order to deliver a teen-friendly experience? So yes, when you complain about degeneracy, you clearly have no clue what there is and was in Forgotten Realms or D&D, and you are projecting your own false perception of how it was.

The game is pretty good; it has more choice, consequences, and character agency than any RPG could only dream about. It looks pretty and plays well; the only complaint I have is the UI. But you can get used to it once you learn how it works.
Also again why are you here?
We get it you don't like the game but no ammount of whining, crying and pointing finger will make us like less the game. All you will obtain is being laughting stock.

Wtf are you talking about? D&D is what you make it. There is no inherent degeneracy in the lore. In fact if you think about it, wouldn't some of these Gods and their clerics and paladins be against degeneracy and fags and trans. Or that doesn't fit your head cannon faggot?
Haem no.

"As to sexual attitudes in the Realms, there is indeed local prejudice against individuals who have “different” or “unusual” sexuality—bigotry and a dislike of change and “what’s not usual” is everywhere and is (unfortunately) part of being human.
Specific religions often invoke temporary abstinence as punishments for transgressions against the creed of the faith, but other matters sexual are usually ignored in doctrine, rather than policed by doctrine (consecration or baptism of willing, old-enough-to-choose offspring being an important exception; this is urged and promoted by almost all Faerûnian faiths).
Yet in a polytheistic setting in which everyone “believes in” and worships (in some fashion, even if it’s only “Here’s a prayer, now please don’t bother me today”) ALL of the gods, clergy avoid endorsing discrimination against someone because of sex. Which doesn’t mean they won’t severely speak to someone they think does something inappropriate, like trying to fornicate with grieving individuals at a funeral, or anyone forcing their attentions on someone except a recipient receiving such attentions as part of a ritual to Loviatar or Sharess or Sune or Shiallia the recipient has agreed beforehand to take part in, and knows what this will mean [[in other words, self-chosen submission is acceptable, but being on the receiving end of forced and unwanted sex is not]].
Shiallia wants all creatures to reproduce and multiply, which means fertile females should engage in sex with partners of their choice, regardless of their marital state (and all devout worshippers of the goddess should help in the feeding and rearing of said offspring); it does NOT mean those fertile females have to accept the advances of every passing creature.
In general, “anything goes” in the wilderness, the settled status quo is most valued (and adhered to) in small villages and towns, and as places get larger and have more contact with the wider Realms (market towns, being on caravan routes), the more tolerant and varied sexuality can be found and is tolerated/ignored. Bisexual characters exist in the Realms and always have done, as have “out” homosexual characters, May/December partnerships, polygamy, and just about everything else.

Yet matters sexual are seldom the “big deal” in the Realms that it is in any real-world area dominated by one faith, where clerics of that faith presume to tell others “how to behave.” The polytheistic nature of the Realms is one reason for this, and another is the D&D® game itself, that with its array of sentient races, presents what some would call “bestiality” or other terms for “coupling with other races” as a fait accompli (otherwise, there would be no “half-elves” or “half-orcs”).

Yes, this has all been discussed before, but that’s okay. The computerized search-fu in the Keep is frail, but the minds of its scribes are sharp, quick, and apt to dredge up old lines from older scrolls when the need arises.
The beauty of fantasy roleplaying, and the Realms, is that anyone playing in it can include or leave out or ignore or gloss over what they want to or are most comfortable with. The darkness creeps in when one player or group tries to impose their preferences on everyone else.

Some festhalls, brothels, and clubs signal whom or what they cater to, but most don’t; locals just “know” (and tavernmasters and innkeepers will discreetly answer queries as to “where to go” without misleading or reacting with hostility to such questions; correctly guiding guests without making judgments is just part of their livelihood). Carved signboards are the most common advertisement (depicting entwined, kissing couples or triads or quartets, usually in no more detail than heads, arms, shoulders, and bared breasts, with the participants indicating what “goes” inside: for example, two men together, or a lizard man and a human female, with a free hand raised to hold a glass if it’s also a drinking club, or holding a hand of cards or a platter of food to indicate a gambling establishment or that food is served, and so on)."

Ed Greenwood.

I had to skim this because you wrote an entire novel but the fact there are multiple gods adds to my points. Wouldn't SOME of the gods and their paladins be against degeneracy? Some of these gods are about ORDER which obviously goes against a lot of this.

Why is there no option to play an anti fag and anti trans path? Because that would have faggots and degenerates all in their feels.
Simply because sex is not considered a sin in D&D. Even the most Lawful Gods don't regulate matters when it comes to sex. The good Christian D&D is a mental construct of some people who do self-insert into it.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
How are there so many faggots on the codex lol?

Imagine arguing that checking on a friend or co worker who looks bummed at a party is showing romantic interest? Bunch of fucking weirdos
Yeah,it is a den of impressive faggotness in here. Most of the staff are also faggots or some weird degenerates,even a pedo.

I get liking the game because there are a lot of good aspects but the way they handled romance is the most dog shit way to do it ever in an rpg. And that's not an exaggeration, this game literally has the worst romance system in gaming history.

It's garbage that you can't have a single bro in the game because every male party member takes any effort to build comradery as an invitation to sodomize them. Where's the male friend who just wants to go on an adventure and crack some skulls? Bioware never goofed this hard on romance and party interactions.

The party and romance and system alone takes the game from a potential 9 to 7.
:nocountryforshitposters:

Nigga it is a larian game,why the fuck did you expect an ok writing ?! They are just making the same retarded garbo game for a third time. All the companions for now are identical,there is no difference between them. One fucks a goddess,another fucks a demon,the other one gets fucked by an elder vampire,etc etc . They all have some super powerful hidden shit. Also the game is garbo lol,it is not 7 let alone 9 buahahaha. There is not a single solid system in it.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
View attachment 39875

For what it's worth, at least the pansexual bear man doesn't try to gobble your dick on sight hit on you like the other 100% of characters in the game.
Withers also judges your degeneracy if you talk to him after getting into a romance
1691695388995.png

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Simply because sex is not considered a sin in D&D. Even the most Lawful Gods don't regulate matters when it comes to sex. The good Christian D&D is a mental construct of some people who do self-insert into it.

Her rom-com fan fiction is coming through. It all depends on the setting grandma. Forgotten Degeneracy is only 1 setting. There are thousands of settings out there and a good portion of them do have it as a sin. But you're not the sharpest tool in the brothel.

Kiste

Augur
So why are you here then retard?
Why are you here? In this particular thread? What's your goal?

Do you think that anyone here is truly interested in the same old lamentations about culture wars shit?

Doesn't it get old to always post the same garbage over and over again?

What a miserable, pathetic live you must lead.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Why are you here? In this particular thread? What's your goal?

Do you think that anyone here is truly interested in the same old lamentations about culture wars shit?

Doesn't it get old to always post the same garbage over and over again?

What a miserable, pathetic live you must lead.

You sound upset. Did your mommy fail to get you your tendies on time? Do you need your nappy changed? Isn't time for you to take a nap because you sound awfully grouchy?

Kiste

Augur
You sound upset. Did your mommy fail to get you your tendies on time? Do you need your nappy changed? Isn't time for you to take a nap because you sound awfully grouchy?

Jesus. At least come up with some new insults. This is beyond pathetic. It's actually embarrasing.

just

Liturgist
enter whorehouse
i can actually hire a whore, nice
finally i can see how "intimacy coordinators" did their job
it's fade to black

im pretty sure if i picked a dude it's fully animated, fuck you

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck

Jesus. At least come up with some new insults. This is beyond pathetic. It's actually embarrasing.

You still sound upset. What's the matter this time child?

Also, it's spelled embarrassing. When you misspell a word your browser will put a red underline on the word to let you know to right click to access the dictionary to fix it. Is that too advanced for you?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom