Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Elthosian

Arcane
image.png
You just know.
100GB+ and the textures on the ground look straight from a PS2 game.

So this is the future, 100GB+ for PS2-era textures?
Begone graphicswhore.

In all seriousness, a lot of it probably comes from uncompressed audio.

Larianshill

Arbiter
Haven't been posting, too busy playing. Beaten act 1, just met Jaheira. Out of all companions, Lae'zel has been the most interesting so far - even though her arc is completely predictable, it's still pretty good. So far, I haven't encountered anything that would suggest I shouldn't just stuck with playing an origin character.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Of those 472k people, at least 300k will never finish Act 1
More like 400

Also lol that shit is out. Shame....that i am too tired from harlots and white thus i will sleep the next few days and won't play Baldur's gape 3 ,the biggest gay game out there. Heard that in between the main game mechanics of the game aka gay sex,you could also fight. Weird
Shame, I was really interested in fanta's takes on the game, but it's too large for him to pirate, and too demanding to play.

So now all he will talk about will be gay shit.
Watching download bar not moving is the real game. Remember, it's that experience. It takes 3-5 days with modern big games... And then... Then you play for 3 hours.
But is it good, is it bad, or is it just combat with under baked story?
Slow internet notwithstanding, you can easily download this illegally at full speed, available for everyone. But I'm not allowed to say where because forum rules :M
:neveraskedforthis:

I am downloading it lol. Just too much white and sluts for me to play it. Decided to spend the summer at the beach lol.

Can you have gay sex with all or most of the companions? A codexer ought to play and find out. This information will become important for Darth Roxor ‘s review.
I nominate you.
I agree, now you just need to gift me the game. PM me for more details:oops:
My brother-in-freedom, we're surrounded by slavs. Just ask them for a torrent link.
I’m American
that would explain why your posts are fucking boring and retarded. please do better.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
There's also the fact that the game doesn't really handhold the player. You can stumble into shit you aren't ready for, which is unusual in games in general these days.

Last edited:

Larianshill

Arbiter
Also, the game gives you this big "Are you SURE you're done with this location?" message, but so far it's been a fake-out scare, I can still fast travel to everywhere I've been.

Elthosian

Arcane
550k!

Bethesda simpletons panicking.
Doubtful, because Starfield will obviously be in the one million club.
Elden Ring was a bigger thing than anything Bethesda has launched thus far and even that only got to 950k.

Don’t think you can make any meaningful comparisons anyway since you can just play it for 10 bux on Game Pass and that won’t show up on Steam.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Least predictably interesting companion:
Astarion. Everything from his demeanor to the way he is introduced screams "worst companion in the game", but as things progress, I'm starting to warm up to the way this dude was written. He's more of a depressed nihilist who has conceded that life is horrible than the depraved hedonist he initially appears as.
Meh, thanks but I'm already registered on the Codex.

I can confirm there is split screen for PC, in case you want to play with your wives, girlfriends or gay lovers.

But in a super boneheaded move, the only way I got it to work was plugging in two controllers and creating a LAN session.

Maybe it tricks the PC version into thinking it's a console.
Yes, I've been already ranting about this, though posts get buried quickly.

Only two controllers, no controller + M&KB option, like it already was in D:OS2

And most horrendously - no uniting of the split screen when the two characters are standing close enough to each other, like it already fucking was in D:OS2 :argh:

Last edited:

Elthosian

Arcane
I can confirm there is split screen for PC, in case you want to play with your wives, girlfriends or gay lovers.

But in a super boneheaded move, the only way I got it to work was plugging in two controllers and creating a LAN session.

And most horrendously - no uniting of the split screen when the two characters are standing close enough to each other, like it already fucking was in D:OS2 :argh:
Can you at least use two monitors separately or will we have to wait for a Nucleus Coop fix?

Gradenmayer

Learned

You can just press buttons of the partner’s controller during character creation in single player- second player will pop in D:OS style.

Gargaune

Arcane
Installed it, rolled a waifu, took one look at the in-game UI and went right back to NWN. Having focused so much on the atrocious party and camera controls, I forgot what utter dogshit the rest of the interface is too. You don't even get a scroll bar in the options menus, just mousewheel. The local BG3 simps are a sight to behold, fucking Console Peasant Codex right here.

vota DC

Augur
Haven't been posting, too busy playing. Beaten act 1, just met Jaheira. Out of all companions, Lae'zel has been the most interesting so far - even though her arc is completely predictable, it's still pretty good. So far, I haven't encountered anything that would suggest I shouldn't just stuck with playing an origin character.
Why she wasn't executed after she refused to raise Khalid revealing herself as a puppet of Irenicus?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
After eight hours of playing:

+Good combat
+ Many ways to reach places
+Allowing to set custom class markers
+I like the look of the game environments. Divinity OS2 on steroids
+Lots of secrets

-UI looks like MMO junk
-Companion writing has been worse than previous Larian games
-I son't really care much about characters
-Lacks D&D feel/mood
-You can hear reused samples from the DOS osts. I'm a fan of those, but this is BG

Overall, I like exploration and combat, writing is meh. Too early to say anything about itemization, haven't gotten much yet. I'm now at level 3, doing stuff in the dungeon below the ruins.

Avarize

Magister
d92212cc49d172d3420a7a750b4aa96a.png

11th all time and still climbing. I didn't think it was possible for CRPGs to sell this well. I guess people will play anything as long as it has enough hype.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom