Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Padzi

Arbiter
Was your game bugged or did you... y'know... opt in for that encounter? :)
I have no idea. But if you're asking if I did it on purpose (romance), the answer is yes. It's like a car accident/trainwreck syndrome. You look, and you just can't stop. Mind blown.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
I've just turned off the game after reaching this point in the game:

b6c13b21007c8d32ef44e6c1df89384de692eb97.jpg

You don't need LSD to feel like you're having hallucinations.
I've heard it's in the game, but I didn't know I'm going to see this encounter.
:prosper:
I WARNED YOU

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Larian: Those weeb degenerates love tentacles! Put tentacle romance in the game!

Anime audience secured.

Crichton

Prophet
I don't know what all the variables are, but I never got any of the really crazy "romance" scenes that people keep posting about, including the shirtless emperor scene. I do note that I didn't for the level 2 tadpole powers after the squid starting talking about "minor" appearance changes, maybe that scotched things.

Padzi

Arbiter
I don't know what all the variables are, but I never got any of the really crazy "romance" scenes that people keep posting about, including the shirtless emperor scene. I do note that I didn't for the level 2 tadpole powers after the squid starting talking about "minor" appearance changes, maybe that scotched things.
I don't use the tadpole powers at all (I haven't even unlocked the skill tree), and I had to reject every companion except the one I chose for romance. And I had the emperor. So it's not connected to the tadpole.

Shig

Novice
BG3 would be better if you could kill the Emperor and get rid of the Parasite early in the game.
Some player choice of either ditching the thing, or being penalized/rewarded for keeping it and using it would be nice. My dumbass spent the whole game not using the tadpole or powering up its abilities, thinking it would matter. Jokes on me.

jf8350143

Liturgist
As far as I can tell it triggers after you go under elvensong to find emperor's old hideout. It has nothing to do with whether you use the tadpole or not.

Crichton

Prophet
As far as I can tell it triggers after you go under elvensong to find emperor's old hideout. It has nothing to do with whether you use the tadpole or not.

I did loot his hideout though; I liked that gold brocade outfit. I thought things were pretty cordial until I smashed that tadpole so I assumed that was the breakpoint. (I was playing Gale, maybe the gay squid isn't gay for Gale?)

jf8350143

Liturgist

jf8350143

Liturgist

I did loot his hideout though; I liked that gold brocade outfit. I thought things were pretty cordial until I smashed that tadpole so I assumed that was the breakpoint. (I was playing Gale, maybe the gay squid isn't gay for Gale?)
Chances are your game bugged out or you have two camp scene triggers at the same time and the one with emporer be replaced by the other one.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
There are nearly zero consequences about tadpoles and mind flayer powers usage. Only some unremarkable dialogues from party members in camp.

Another wasted oppurtunity there, especially for an evil playthrough. After becoming half illithid and gettince the first stone there should be option to "feed" some NPC tadpoles and mind controlling them, tadpoling clean party members should be another thing.

I had my fun with combat and exploration but game is really weak on writing part. Even after all the glorious time spend on party members, most of them are uninteresting and boring.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Indeed. On the other hand, the combat and classes are really damn solid and that exploration... man... this is probably the best game exploration-wise I've ever played...

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
On the other hand, the combat and classes are really damn solid

This actually is another problem. Game becomes unchallenging fast. Encounter design is mostly good but even without using consumables and not optimized part, they are easy after level 5. Items only enlarges the gaps. Can't really enjoy my levelled party after a while...
Though there are some challenge when they want. Gith groups are always dangerous and Iron Throne is nasty but because of the turn limit.

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
On the other hand, the combat and classes are really damn solid

This actually is another problem. Game becomes unchallenging fast. Encounter design is mostly good but even without using consumables and not optimized part, they are easy after level 5. Items only enlarges the gaps. Can't really enjoy my levelled party after a while...
Though there are some challenge when they want. Gith groups are always dangerous and Iron Throne is nasty but because of the turn limit.
Biggest challenge in the game is assault on moonrise if you play evil path. No additional help plus the drider in the first part. I had to land hold monster on drider while using a +initiative potion to win.

One of the main problems with the game is no penalty for long resting so you can just keep using OP spells every fight

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I imagine the drider might be tough. However I've landed Hold Person on 1st try in 1st round...

Somehow Astarion miraculously managed to keep Concentration up till round 2.. and that was that.

jackofshadows

Magister
Biggest challenge in the game is assault on moonrise if you play evil path.
That's because you didn't kill anyone there before that. I tried it both ways and yeah - clearing them all in one go is pretty tough. You can clear it thoroughly beforehand though and then it's a cakewalk. Which leads to my point: there's no challenging encounters in this game unless you make it so, included showing up underleveled.

I think the best encounter in the game is that demon in the Shar temple. And I liked the final boss one too, felt pretty tough to me. Raphael could be another one but he should have had legendary resistances and legendary actions on top of that, it was too easy to cc him.

Last edited:

jf8350143

Liturgist
There are nearly zero consequences about tadpoles and mind flayer powers usage. Only some unremarkable dialogues from party members in camp.

Another wasted oppurtunity there, especially for an evil playthrough. After becoming half illithid and gettince the first stone there should be option to "feed" some NPC tadpoles and mind controlling them, tadpoling clean party members should be another thing.

I had my fun with combat and exploration but game is really weak on writing part. Even after all the glorious time spend on party members, most of them are uninteresting and boring.
I don't think the companions even have that much content. They have much less dialgoues comparing to other CRPGs, half of them have unfinished personal quests, and they rarely interact with each other. And yeah the writing certainly doesn't help.

jf8350143

Liturgist
The problem of the combat is that you deal way too much damage and since they change the initiative roll into d4 rather than d20, it's pretty much guarrenteed you have at least one or two characters move first, and they can take out a buch of enemies just by themsleves.

It basically turn into a Xcom 2 style game play in act 3: kill anything that has any threat before they can do anything. So the only fight that has any difficulty are the ones that have too many enemies for you to clear out in one round(for example shadowheart's personal quest). Even Ansur can be take down in just one round.

Fatberg Slim

Educated
Patron
Has anyone used Wild Change enough to say whether a Circle of the Moon Druid build based around it would be enjoyable? My concern is less with power level and more with the game engine or ruleset being unable to handle it as is often the case (stat changes or abilities not conferring or restoring correctly, excessive need to micromanage equipment, dialogue not working, etc). I like shapechange-based playstyles a lot and the druid forms here look varied and interesting, but I’m guessing I’ll be let down from the tech side yet again.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
The problem of the combat is that you deal way too much damage and since they change the initiative roll into d4 rather than d20, it's pretty much guarrenteed you have at least one or two characters move first, and they can take out a buch of enemies just by themsleves.

It basically turn into a Xcom 2 style game play in act 3: kill anything that has any threat before they can do anything. So the only fight that has any difficulty are the ones that have too many enemies for you to clear out in one round(for example shadowheart's personal quest). Even Ansur can be take down in just one round.
That was the same with D:OS games as well. You wanted TB that’s what it often comes down to.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom