Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Old Hans

Arcane
Never even recruited Karlach, pretty sure I never nope'd out as hard with any cRPG companion ever including the more cringy Bioware ones as soon as that tranny opened its mouth.
You're better off killing her. Cool scene where you get to raise up here severed head as a trophy plus you get a nice reward from the paladins of tyr.

Karlach is made for redditors
I always kill her, because I believe in the Blade of Frontiers. Then I make Wyll feel bad we killed her.

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
Many original games companions are varying degrees of annoying, but at least they usually do not have overly woke bio + quest lines and there's less focus on companions in general than in bg3.

After playing bg3 I had to replay original games to cleanse my palate.

Also, in original games you can just do full custom party if you want to + evil / neutral companions are somewhat less annoying than good ones.
Yeah but I thought minsc was a fan favorite or some shit and that's why he's back in this game. Dude is cringe and annoying

axedice

Cipher
It's too much of a hassle to recruit Minsc, and all your companions are fully setup by the time you do so there is never a place for him in the party. He was sort of "let me try that build with these items as well" type of character. They should've added him in act2 along with Jahiera. I wanted to see their interactions in my first run out of nostalgia, and all I got was some weak banter and a bit of dialogue with nine fingers.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Bounty Hunter​

Creatures you hit with Ensnaring Strike Ensnaring Strike (either ranged or melee) have
Disadvantage Icon.png
Disadvantage on their Saving Throw.

From character creation!

Suck it, Haplo!

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Bounty Hunter​

Creatures you hit with Ensnaring Strike Ensnaring Strike (either ranged or melee) have
Disadvantage Icon.png

From character creation!

Suck it, Haplo!
Yeah, I know. I guess its useful in Act 1 or something.

Later on there are much stronger options, then a single target single strike with added CC, that takes one's Action and Bonus Action.
Also Spike Growth is nice.

But other options are much stronger later on. Or even early if you're a Warlock. Ranger does have some options, but as far as CC masters are concerned, he's not in the competition.

Desiderius

Patron

Bounty Hunter​

Disadvantage Icon.png

From character creation!

Suck it, Haplo!

Later on there are much stronger options, then a single target single strike with added CC, that takes one's Action and Bonus Action.

But other options are much stronger later on. Or even early if you're a Warlock. Ranger does have some options, but as far as CC masters are concerned, he's not in the competition.
C'mon man, taking out the strongest enemy with disadvantage from the drop? Once the chain of disadvantage begins it's hard to stop but how many other effects have that first disadvantage *built in*?

Ranger builds on that like any other class does but it's always got that nice basic CC in the bag, and it's able to land that hit more reliably than many other classes using high ground and stealth. Weapon/ammo procs *stack* with it.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Alright, I've reinstalled this trash. Time to do an origin run or two.

First, I will play everyone's favorite faggot elf. Out of mercy on you all, I think I will resist the temptation to use him as my avatar here again though.

After that, I plan to try out Wyll using the white Wyll mod and the Anomen AI voice override.

We'll see how far I can get before giving up.
I gave up in the first few minutes lol.

I keep trying to find the time to play it and keep getting distracted by other things or better games.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
So what are you playing atm?
I've been too tired from travel and touching grass lately to play much of anything. I think the last enjoyable PC game that I dedicated a lot of time to was either replaying BG2 or replaying Stellaris. I tried Dragon's Dogma 2, but got rid of it until they patch it more. There's probably a visual novel or strategy game that I'm forgetting there too.

Other than this, it's been a slew of gacha scam RPGs, since they take like 5 minutes to play and don't try to force LGBT on me. Funny how when people are actually paying for the characters, the devs don't make them gay, black trannies.

I also have a whole bunch of games that I want to play. I still want to finish MGSR. I still want to finish Death Stranding. I got the Sabers of Infinity trilogy because I like CYOAs, but never finished them.

I'm still probably going to come back to this. I took the time to download the mods and troubleshoot it when one caused a problem. But it's difficult to justify spending the time on starting it, let alone playing all the way to Act 3.

Vatnik Wumao
I also have a whole bunch of games that I want to play. I still want to finish MGSR. I still want to finish Death Stranding. I got the Sabers of Infinity trilogy because I like CYOAs, but never finished them.
Man, I just can't muster the will to finish games that easily anymore. Last one that I did manage to finish was the Rizian expansion for Suzerain, but otherwise meh. Picked up that Roman spinoff for the King Arthur game more recently, but didn't manage to get myself hyped or invested enough to play too much of that. Might try doing another playthrough of WotR atm since I haven't played any of the DLCs yet and I'll be waiting for the first DLC to drop for Rogue Trader before giving that game another try.

7kuGUTZ.jpeg

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
I find Karlach to be one of the more annoying companions but if you're planning to free Orpheus the Karllithid option is the best way to have a relatively happy ending for everyone (or at least everyone that I care about).

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

Bounty Hunter​

Disadvantage Icon.png

From character creation!

Suck it, Haplo!

C'mon man, taking out the strongest enemy with disadvantage from the drop? Once the chain of disadvantage begins it's hard to stop but how many other effects have that first disadvantage *built in*?

Ranger builds on that like any other class does but it's always got that nice basic CC in the bag, and it's able to land that hit more reliably than many other classes using high ground and stealth. Weapon/ammo procs *stack* with it.
Its not even the best martial single target CC option, when Open Hand Monk with Stunning Fist and Topple spam exists. Not to compare it against the actual strong aoe CC casters.

Hydro

Educated
BG3 is quite unique that’s for sure. It succeeds in being a great game scratching those ol itches, while simultaneously being an utter shit with garbage writing and insufferable characters.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
BG3 is not bad, you're just getting old. With this attitude, you'll loose your manhood next.
>If you can't enjoy a game full of blacks and faggots, your dick will fall off
:kingcomrade:
BG3 is quite unique that’s for sure. It succeeds in being a great game scratching those ol itches, while simultaneously being an utter shit with garbage writing and insufferable characters.
Euh you know you can euh just kill or ignore all the characters you don't like right?

stupid-idiot.gif

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Meh. Gameplay is king and that is excellent.

I pity the people who play combat, exploration and build oriented optimization games for the story / to analyze their writing or are so sensitive they cannot tolerate fictional characters they don't like.

Last edited:

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
BG3 is not bad, you're just getting old. With this attitude, you'll loose your manhood next.
:kingcomrade:
Euh you know you can euh just kill or ignore all the characters you don't like right?
I prefer to mod them out. But even if I didn't, I think that playing BG3 makes you more likely to result in your dick falling off than not playing it.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Meh. Gameplay is king and that is excellent.

I pity people who play combat, exploration and build oriented optimization games for the story / to analyze their writing or are so sensitive they cannot tolerate fictional characters they don't like.
Problem is when the game is 90% dialog and holding tab to loot 40 crates in a random house.

Also gameplay is mediocre as d&d5e is trash.

Desiderius

Patron

Bounty Hunter​

Disadvantage Icon.png

From character creation!

Suck it, Haplo!

Its not even the best martial single target CC option, when Open Hand Monk with Stunning Fist and Topple spam exists. Not to compare it against the actual strong aoe CC casters.
Monk? I want to do my CC from up here in the shadows at the top of this cliff where nothing can touch me, not down there in the mess that needs controlling. One disadvantage leads into another, it's good to start with something that has it built in.

Casters sure can do AoE for things that stand in an area, but the things that need to be countrolled like to spread out and stand far away where *Range* is appreciated.

Hence the Ranger.

axedice

Cipher
For act1 its not bad in rounds where you do not need the bonus action, but like all CC's chance to land is king and without items to support it sort of falls through the gaps as you progress. I think I used it once or twice, then forgot about it and used my spell slots to renew the hunters mark instead (due to conc. loss). Btw does it work with prone? According to the wording it shouldn't , since movement is not 0 like maim just but "prevented". If it actually 0s the movement speed, it would be very beneficial combined with monk/fighter spammable prones.

It is not "full" of them, more or less the same ratio you'd encounter in real life. So whats the deal?

Desiderius

Patron
Hunter’s Mark is awful.

Yes, you have to land the attack, which is why you use the guy with high ground and stealth to get the chance to hit into the 90s or higher. What game are you guys playing?

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
I find Karlach to be one of the more annoying companions but if you're planning to free Orpheus the Karllithid option is the best way to have a relatively happy ending for everyone (or at least everyone that I care about).
It's true but I can't have her reddit tranny ass in my camp for the entire game. It's just so much simpler to kill her. Plus I like siding with the goblins because I'm tired of refugee sob stories. Plus I want Minthara (yes I know she can be recruited anyway now but that was a terrible change. All these horny incels crying their drow mommy was locked behind an evil choice.)

Sorry
Orpheus
tough break for you. I think it's kind of fitting
Lae'zell
is the one to lead her people anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom