Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Lemming42

Arcane
Very mixed feelings about the game so far.

I've knocked out some peasants using the "switch to non-lethal" option, but the game seemed to have acted as if I killed them. I was honestly sure that the game wouldn't acknowledge it and was ready to stop playing, but it did in the end actually acknowledge the fact that I didn't kill them. I suppose I will continue playing on.

I've had some weirdness w/ this option related to ranged attacks especially. Spells? Forget it. No way to non-lethal a spell, ranged seems to sometimes kill them inadvertently. Only a melee strike when they are near 0 hit points seems to be reliable.
The option only affects melee by design, I think it says on the tooltip if you hover over it. I got tricked by that as well at first and confidently tried to non-lethally shoot a shopkeeper and ended up with a murder charge.

It does seem very half-implemented. I knocked the Drow raid leader out, which was tricky given the setup of the battle, and she's never been mentioned again thus far. I'm making sure to knock out basically every named character but so far there's been absolutely no reaction from anyone. And citizens never care if you knock them out, they just forget entirely by the next day.

Feels bad that there are no real bros in the game, well, since everything seems to have sexual undertones. Down with romance and up with bromance, I say! I just want an adventure partner of the same sex that don't want to cross swords naked, if you know what I mean. Someone to watch your back, without you having to watch the guy watching your back so you don't get raped.
Most games don't deal with the high topic of brotherhood, popular culture in general are wary of men, especially White Men, getting together and organizing. Most of them are very atomized or are depicted as faggots if you so much as have honor for your fellow man. And don't get me started if that man stays loyal despite female manipulation. Last game that I saw that was bold enough to even have an all male cast, funnily enough, was Final Fantasy XV, a mainstream JRPG. You gotta have balls these days not to have female companions or an option to play as a femoid.

Already the first fucking location with npcs "the grove" was a disappointment because the devs are brain-dead faggots incapable of designing quests with several endings. My druid character doesn't give a single fuck about shadow druids. Matter of fact, he would join the fucking shadow druids if the game allowed it. But no, the only proper way to finish the quest is to discover the oh-so-terrible secret of Kagha and then you can't even join her if you do so.
I would also like to add that Larian is a bunch of incompetent trannies because they give you the option to slaughter any NPC and yet fail miserably to make the quests reflect that. My character rolled with Kagha from the beginning and killed the Tiefling leader to which she said "Cool, now disperse the Tieflings ma nigga." I tried talking to them tiefniggers but there was no dialogue option to send them away, so I just slaughtered them - predictably, the game did not react to this at all, not a word from Kargha. You are meant to discover her "secret" but what roleplay is in that? My character does not want to know her retarded secret. As far as I know, you have to go steal a map/letter in her chest to discover the secret, but that's simply against the will of my character. Why the fuck should my druid character go rummaging through Kargha's stuff when he supports her and is himself a genocidal druid.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
They carry my stuff and stay in the back while I do everything. If you walk fast enough to escape the party banter and spam the skip button, you won't have to listen to a word they say.
Why take them then? Just use hirelings.

Have you seen the hirelings? If the companions are ugly, then the hirelings are beyond repulsive. I thought I would be okay with giving them helmets but their portraits, like, stare at my soul.

Also the companions are bad but their related quests can be very good (doing Lae'zel's rn). It's a shame I'll never do half of them.

Why take them then? Just use hirelings.
So he can bitch about them, duh.
Also this. Getting a lot of good memes from this game.

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
Being able to explore and do what I want is so refreshing compared to DOS:2 where level scaling ensured you'd get slaughtered if you didn't read the developers minds and go to the right places in the right order. Went into the swamp at level 3 and managed to take on some tough fights on tactician, thank god for bounded accuracy.

I heard that some quests will progress if you do other quests first. Are there any triggers that I should know of in act 1?

MerchantKing

Learned
BG3 haters here have been real quiet since release, huh?
They would have to turn the game off to post about it.
The torrent is going to take a few more days. So I'm not playing right now.

odVxIRc.png

Larianshill

Arbiter
Also the companions are bad but their related quests can be very good (doing Lae'zel's rn). It's a shame I'll never do half of them.
Like I've said earlier, Lae'zel's arc is extremely predictable, but it's a good kind of predictable. She almost never left my party for 2 acts now, and her quest was very enjoyable.

Unistalling the game and I am done with it after the incidents I mentioned in my previous posts.

The game is clearly tailored for a very different kind of players and characters. Even the name of the quest that pissed me off is a sign of questionable quest design. It's literally called "Save the refugees," and it forces you to do just that. All of this despite the fact that I alligned with Kagha who wants to kick them out at all cost. Disappointing game if you are expecting a good story or dialogue...

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
BG3 steam forums are fun atm, people complaining the game is to hard... Incoming 'Games Journo' difficulty level that is easier than the storymode. Also people complaining about the wokeness are stirring up the usual hate mobs screeching about NAAHHZZEEEES and alt right incels.

MerchantKing

Learned
BG3 steam forums are fun atm, people complaining the game is to hard... Incoming 'Games Journo' difficulty level that is easier than the storymode. Also people complaining about the wokeness are stirring up the usual hate mobs screeching about NAAHHZZEEEES and alt right incels.
They don't know that all you have to do is stack barrels in your inventory and then use them to one shot everything?

Gargaune

Arcane
It beggars belief that they still can't get a toilet chain system (for this is basically the same system) that doesn't remember the fucking order you had your characters in before you unchained them.
Incidentally, NWN1 and 2 had the same issue on load. I've said it many times that when it comes to interfaces, BG3's made most of the same mistakes as NWN2, for mostly the same reasons, but made them even worse.

dsndo

Educated
BG3 haters here have been real quiet since release, huh?
You'll hear them only after 300 hours and 3 playthroughs, then only they will tell you how shit it is as tradition demands it here.
When we've completed our 300 hours we will be perfectly qualified to lay out in great detail why the game is irredeemable garbage. It's easy to just watch the trailer and dismiss it as Dragon Age updated for the reddit generation. We're actually in the trenches, putting in the work.

You should be thanking us for our sacrifice rather than resorting to cheap mockery.

Last edited:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
What do you mean hard? Normal is normal. At low levels they can get screwed up by random crit but... They have revivify scrolls.

Ulysa

Scholar
But why you lovely degenerates are actually playing this game? Is it really any different from DOS2? Apart from the rules.
Would you be playing on launch if it was called DOS3? :?

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Me: Sneaking up in adamantine armor on big bad general Thorm the game has been hyping up for the entire game.

Gets caught, surprised pikachu.

Thorm:

1691294341960.png

Yeah there's some bugginess here.

Larianshill

Arbiter
Just beaten what seems to be the final boss of act 2, Ketheric. Act 2 was very good, delivered on everything I wanted. although I've gotta say the first fight against a miniboss and some trash in the beginning of the tower was far more difficult than anything else. Had to reload the fight a few times, and I ended up cheesing it.
Also, Wyll is a much more bearable character than he was in the EA.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom