Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Lemming42

Arcane
J5pFdzy.png

through005.jpeg

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
It's because normies are not self-aware and are incapable of thinking for themselves. How they feel about something is based entirely on hype and nothing else. It's the same reason Bethesda rose to the top and why Skyrim has remained a best seller on Steam for years despite being a colossal pile of shit.

Err no, the reason for that is booba and vagene.

Worst part is the motion capture actually makes me feel guilty for turning some of them down, example:
One time wyll was prancing around and having no option to leave him dance in peace so my pc stood there looking all mesmerized and i had to react and i didn't wanna be a dousche so went with the polite option "You dance well.", my character then adding in "Your dance partner must be very lucky!" Me: oh no oh no oh no please no i just wanted to be nice no please no.
Wyll: Well as a matter of fact, HE has arrived ;) Care to dance with me?
Me: Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.
The only way you can turn him down came off as 100% harsh, not even an option to point out i was hooked with someone and didn't feel this was appropriate. Or hell, lie and say i'm a terrible dancer. No had to be rather blunt: NO!!!!! :mad:
It do be like that

3q9qw6.jpg
m8yt6xxf5cq71.jpg

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is keeping Gale even possible? I remember in EA if you gave him one artifact he was fine with it. But now he asked me for it, so I click an artifact and 'donate' then nothing, but okay, i'll give him more. Then I give give give and give him ALL artifacts I had on anyone. Then Gale states "Most unhelpful. In that case I shall have to seek my own salvation elsewere" and leaves the party. He had positive attitude towards me until now. I thought it could be a bug, but restarting and reloading the game doesn't help so I assume he leaves for the story reasons?

Herumor

Scholar
>No anti-invisibility spells.
Just let Volo try removing the tadpole from your head, then you'll never need a spell to reveal invisible enemies.
Is keeping Gale even possible? I remember in EA if you gave him one artifact he was fine with it. But now he asked me for it, so I click an artifact and 'donate' then nothing, but okay, i'll give him more. Then I give give give and give him ALL artifacts I had on anyone. Then Gale states "Most unhelpful. In that case I shall have to seek my own salvation elsewere" and leaves the party. He had positive attitude towards me until now. I thought it could be a bug, but restarting and reloading the game doesn't help so I assume he leaves for the story reasons?
Sounds like a bug. I literally gave him just 3 enchanted weapons on separate occasions, some green-tier shit, and that was it for my whole playthrough.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
It’s weird you have to give him one and then click on the X to close the window

La vie sexuelle

Learned
That's practically what going to a video game for a romance is however; LARPing.

Why?

BTW. The default Gnome doesn't look like a Gnome. It looks more like a French midget. None of the presets look like Gnomes.
dOVHLmA.png

I bet that fraud hasn't even touched a turnip once in his life! Well. This is the best that can be done... What a shitty developer

nEoaIDk.png

Also where do I change the character name?

Strange. Halflings and Gnomes looks like todlers, and children RPG have adult proportions.

What is meaning of that?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Writing was mid,
I agree that as games, BG/2 were only significant for two things and nothing else - the D&D ruleset, and high production values for that time.

However, the dialogue and the language used had their tone and style set with really good consistnecy for such a large game, and at times produced beautiful bits of fantasy writing.

"The tale of your deeds has already reached my ear, as such things tend to"
"If you are not in league with the evil that dwells in this unholy place, Yoshimo begs your assistance"
"Speaking no longer, idiot, but killing"
[anything by Koragan]
etc.

Not only it has melody, but it's voiceacted with perfect understanding of how it should sound. It's like poetry.

How many present fantasy games sound like that? Even with all their 10-person writing teams, their *~narrative designers~*, their producers and whatnot? I can't come up with any. They can't even emulate this style, let alone improve on it.

Last edited:

Larianshill

Arbiter
Gale should require just three items total, I don't know what the fuck was that

bataille

Arcane
Does Astarion vanish from the game after your initial rebuff at the squid ship?

During the grove massacre half of the companions left. I really could use an extra pair of pantaloons in my party! :|

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
IMPORTANT! Update report!

As promised, i'm thereby dutifully informing that the braided beard hightlights have indeed been fixed!

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I find that even more of a hassle though, the process of switching items from 1 container to the next is still painful af: drag and dropping every individual item with windows that ain't aligned OR right clicking on every item and choosing where to/whom to send it to.

Yeah it's far from ideal, I'm almost tempted to grab one of those increased carry weight mods but so far I've managed. The containers opening UNDER your main inventory window is a prime example of where some QoL is really needed - plus their default size is pitiful and the UI only lets you extend them vertically.
Updated my "virgin_whiners.txt"

I played BG2 and managed that inventory. For a 6-player party.

Seriously speaking though, I cannot fathom how come none of the modern day developers have re-discovered the wheel from BG/BG2: one click raises the item, the other click drops it. It's just so much easier than the "press and hold-drag-relese". Truly good UI is a lost art.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Writing was mid,
I agree that as games, BG/2 were only significant for two things and nothing else - the D&D ruleset, and high production values for that time.

However, the dialogue and the language used had their tone and style set with really good consistnecy for such a large game, and at times produced beautiful bits of fantasy writing.

"The tale of your deeds has already reached my ear, as such things tend to"
"If you are not in league with the evil that dwells in this unholy place, Yoshimo begs your assistance"
"Speaking no longer, idiot, but killing"
etc.

Not only it has melody, but it's voiceacted with perfect understanding of how it should sound. It's like poetry.

How many present fantasy games sound like that? Even with all their 10-person writing teams, their *~narrative designers~*, their producers and whatnot? I can't come up with any. They can't even emulate this style, let alone improve on it.

Ho don't get me wrong, the BG games were fucking Shakespeare compared to modern redditor video game writing.

Latro

Arcane
I find that even more of a hassle though, the process of switching items from 1 container to the next is still painful af: drag and dropping every individual item with windows that ain't aligned OR right clicking on every item and choosing where to/whom to send it to.

Yeah it's far from ideal, I'm almost tempted to grab one of those increased carry weight mods but so far I've managed. The containers opening UNDER your main inventory window is a prime example of where some QoL is really needed - plus their default size is pitiful and the UI only lets you extend them vertically.
Updated my "virgin_whiners.txt"
Dude, every scene in this game is either written by a Grindr addict or a weird sex pest virgin - dare I say…fluent?

Hagashager

Educated
Is there any companion that isn't faggot?
My impression is they swing anyway you want because nothing says well-developed character more than a willingness to screw any man, woman, demi-human, half-breed or beast in existence.
It's the cop-out.

Developing clearly defined romances for each orientation is both time consuming and will just piss people off anyway (see CP2077 as an example.) Making everyone Bi is so much simpler, because in the end people aren't real, people are whatever you want them to be. If the perfect man isn't Gay for you it's because there's something wrong with them and you should violate their integrity and dignity until they're either yours, dead, or imprisoned. Only you matter.

That's the lesson I've learned from my video-game relationships.

ColonelMace

Novice
Hell i'll go a step further and assert this isn't a step above dragon age, it IS dragon age in terms of the range of your responses and roleplay potential.
But this wasn't one of DAO's issues, was it ?
I remember exploring dialogues was actually one of the best parts of it.

DAO sucked ass in combat, exploration and systems though. BG3 is several leagues ahead in all of these departments.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Is there any companion that isn't faggot?
My impression is they swing anyway you want because nothing says well-developed character more than a willingness to screw any man, woman, demi-human, half-breed or beast in existence.
Hasn't it been established already that companion NPCs switch sexuality according to the player character's? I.e. men will be gay if your PC is a man, and women will be hetero, and vice versa if your PC is a woman. I thought this was even stated somewhere in previews or interviews...?

Shaki

Arbiter
I think it's bugged if you don't have him in party, I had the same shit when I was trying to donate an artifact to him in camp, but after adding him to party it started working normally, donate 1 artifact, close the window and he's happy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom