Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
That said, I don't blame you for never buying any Larian game after they bowed to ESG this much.
What is this ESG bullshit talk, this has almost ZERO impact on Larian since they're not a publicly traded company.
So you're saying the gay woke shit wasn't done out of necessity. Got it.
...fucking hell...:lol:

On one end you've got CDPR announcing they are committed to the implementation of ESG in all their games moving forward.

Other end you've got Larian who are like "ESG? What is that? There is no ESG in BG3. This is just normal for us..."

If Larian had no intention of implementing ESG, but it's here anyway, imagine how much worse it'll get in the future once they do. lmao...

How the mighty have fallen.

Done because of marketing reasons. The gaming press is woke as fck, like it or not, gives some extra (woke) points. But it's not done for the ESG score since that's not applicable to Larian.

"Why is the game covered in shit?"

"Marketing reasons! We must make sure to attract the fly and maggot demographic of course!"

Last edited:

Falksi

Arcane
Have to say, I think this is a great thing for the genre...

Approximately 21.22 million copies of Baldur’s Gate 3 have been sold on Steam, according to SteamSpy stats acquired by Steamdb.info.

Xo6KNR9.png

https://dotesports.com/baldurs-gate/news/baldurs-gate-3-sales-numbers-how-many-copies-has-bg3-sold

Regardless of if you love or hate the game, seeing a CRPG trounce all over stale and sub-standard shit like Zelda & Final Fantasy is very encouraging. I just love that it's gonna piss a fuckload of normies off when their beloved baby games fail to take GOTY.

Approximately 21.22 million copies of Baldur’s Gate 3 have been sold on Steam, according to SteamSpy stats acquired by Steamdb.info.

Xo6KNR9.png

https://dotesports.com/baldurs-gate/news/baldurs-gate-3-sales-numbers-how-many-copies-has-bg3-sold

Regardless of if you love or hate the game, seeing a CRPG trounce all over stale and sub-standard shit like Zelda & Final Fantasy is very encouraging. I just love that it's gonna piss a fuckload of normies off when their beloved baby games fail to take GOTY.
Which Pool of Radiance are they talking about here?
Also, it's more likely to get a Zelda/FF to play BG3 than anything else. If anything, BG3 reeks of JRPG stuff, because it's been made following Bioware's template. It's been discussed before, jrpg fans are more tolerant to turn based stuff than westerners.

StrongBelwas

Cipher
Patron

Steam Spy numbers have been complete nonsense since Steam caught onto the man running it working for Epic and shut down his methods for getting data.

Hagashager

Educated
Depends on what they take. Making more tactical RPGs = good.

Inserting even more romances = pretty bad.
Romances can always be ignored
Can they? The companions are extremely in-your-face with their homogay affections in BG3.
That's more in the beginning than anywhere else. I have found, post-Tiefling party, that whoever you're not romancing just backs off after that.

Yuber

Novice
Are races in this game live happily together or do they live seperated each having their own areas?

jf8350143

Liturgist
Are races in this game live happily together or do they live seperated each having their own areas?
No matter what race you choose, you always come from Baulder's Gate, unless you are black(drow, duergar) or yellow(githyanki).

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Idk if the success of BG3 going affect other CRPGs studio.. How likely people that really enjoyed BG3 going to also want to play a isometric exclusive camera rpg w/ half as much voice acting and blocks of text.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Well there is a nice drawing of a Goblins, Drow, and Ogres (? don't remember the third one) living in happy harmony, but it's on a corpse.

Thieflings and Tree Huggers tho are best buddies. Gnolls and fallen Paladins alas had a falling out. Gnomes and Duergar and Myconids live together with a genius Hobgoblin and his trusty Illithid sidekick.

Gith seem pretty rayciss tho.

Hagashager

Educated
The Humans, Elves, Dwarves and Halflings are indistinguishable from each other. There is functionally no difference between them socially. If there is any distinct Elven or Dwarven diaspora culture you wouldn't know it from this game.

The Tieflings are refugees from Enturel, their social status and acceptance is unique to them. I found, after act 1, there really isn't much to say of them. They all go to places that accept them.

In the Underdark the Duargar enslave the Deep Gnomes, they very clearly hate each other. The Duargar also, generally aren't a part of the Absolute Cult, but more allies of convenience.

The really weird one for me is the Myconid colony. You befriend Myconids and they have a whole sociey.

You can encounter The Societ of Brilliance there too, a group of mages and adventurers who usually comprise monster races.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The Humans, Elves, Dwarves and Halflings are indistinguishable from each other. T

That in 5e.

In 2E, each race is vastly different. For example, every single gnome which studies magic becomes illusionist. Dwarves can't be mages, no matter what. Each race had a distinct government type, culture, religion and so on. Even the ships in spelljammer where different. But is not only in D&D which races are more and more homogenized. See Elder Scrolls for another example, how much stuff Nords get in Morrowind and compare with Skyrim.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom