Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 - tips, tricks & helpful information

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Damn, I shoved the hag down in the chasm, I hope I'm not missing good loot. But really, things were not looking good and it was a desperate move. A farcical ending to a tough fight.
She was a genuinely spooky creature and there was some Witcher vibe in this quest.
after all the testing that I did, you dont lose much if you planned on killing her.
However you do lose something since you cant bring her down to low hp and bargain
Good. I don't negotiate with hags.

Hadn't play a paladin for years, feels good going around all self righteous and smiting stuff without asking oneself too many questions.

'tis the natural state of man.

Super (extra) natural

Barbarian

Arcane
Wish there were more than 2 body types. You now have the option of either being a pencil necked weeb or a hulking modern bodybuilder. I obviously choose the latter, but it is distracting that you are nearly twice the size of everyone else in your party.

Also all the hype about character creation and each race/gender combination has only like 4 or 5 faces, with always one or two of them bring some weird negroid/asian mutt types that are eerily reminiscent of oblivion facegen.

Desiderius

Patron
So I got a borken spear shaft out of Owlbear and found broken spear head with eyeball on it.

Right-click and sure enough there's a combine option.

Now have Spear that Blinds on hit and does 2d6 vs things with extra eyes (like Spiders).

Naice.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Paladin/Bard Multiclass, viable? Do I get spell slot shenanigans from this?
yes all but warlock works for slot progression (warlock has own thing going)

and surely its viable

Redunancy at the expense of progression is bad actually.

They designed these rulesets to screw people stuck in 3.5.

you are familiar that there are respeccing in this game + you dont have to put levels into each class equally every level?

I for example put first 7 levels into oathbreaker and after that tested few full casters for the last 5 levels sorc ended up being the best one but all were pretty good. high level smites are very powerful and nearly solo 1 rounded final boss.

you have pretty strong opinions regarding character building for some1 who is still stuck in act 1

and the question was it is viable and it surely is, then is it optimal I doubt it

Desiderius

Patron
Paladin/Bard Multiclass, viable? Do I get spell slot shenanigans from this?

and surely its viable

you are familiar that there are respeccing in this game + you dont have to put levels into each class equally every level?

I for example put first 7 levels into oathbreaker and after that tested few full casters for the last 5 levels sorc ended up being the best one but all were pretty good. high level smites are very powerful and nearly solo 1 rounded final boss.

you have pretty strong opinions regarding character building for some1 who is still stuck in act 1

and the question was it is viable and it surely is, then is it optimal I doubt it
As if you need any help in endgame in any event. Your best level in these rulesets is the last one you’ve unlocked (with possible exception for last couple levels that hardly matter). 3.5ers play the whole game without theirs. Designers are trolling you.

There are always niche cases where a splash or dip unlocks something that makes a whole party come together (like I did to get that extra 4-6 AC that made Seelah a viable tank in Wrath) but they should be understood as exception rather than rule. Every class level you can grind out in this game unlocks so much I’d have to get a ton in exchange to forgo them all.

Desiderius

Patron
Yes, becoming so attached to that which is familiar that one loses the capacity to incorporate new information is a common manifestation of autism.

Good self-awareness, Fedora Master. Glad you haven’t exhausted your superpowers in the futile pursuit of mere normalcy as have I.

Stay strong, brother.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
ive red that if you side with goblins then tiefling origin
heart will explode, thus you lose companion.
how does it work though if you play as one? you lose the game later on? Or above statement is not true at all?

Shrimp

Liturgist
how does it work though if you play as one? you lose the game later on? Or above statement is not true at all?
I have no clue regarding the spoiler, but I was told she'll automatically leave once you wipe out the grove anyway.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

and surely its viable

hello jermu i see you haven’t met desiderius

may god have mercy on your innocent soul

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
106 hrs in so far. Have yet to hit lvl 4,

522 on DOS II, 4000 on the PF games.

I could turn out to be wrong (midgame multiclassing was nearly costless in DOS I and II), have been before but I doubt it.

I take my time and test shit out so I know what I’m giving up on the other side of trade-offs. Rn like the value I’m getting progressing the classes. Don’t anticipate that changing until at least lvl 8 but haven’t played Pal yet.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

One of the thieflings is the only
infernal smith that can repair that condition so yeah, you'll lose her. She was a ticking bomb when you met her. Also she is a goody two shoes, so killing innocent thieflings probably too much for her also.

Also that thiefling is one of the shopkeepers that travels where we go all along the game so investing in his favor is good for the long run.

Vatnik Wumao

I could turn out to be wrong (midgame multiclassing was nearly costless in DOS I and II), have been before but I doubt it.

I take my time and test shit out so I know what I’m giving up on the other side of trade-offs. Rn like the value I’m getting progressing the classes. Don’t anticipate that changing until at least lvl 8 but haven’t played Pal yet.
:love:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Yeah, also just below level 4 still. Though less hours, I think.

Seems like levelling really slows down after reaching level 3.

Last edited:

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

Yeah, also just below level 4 still. Though less hours, I think.

Seemslike levelling really slows down after reaching level 3.
Nothing wrong with going slow, you can only play the game once for the first time, so instead of rushing through the content I just enjoy exploring each and every corner of act1

Last edited:

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Jermu btw it seems that odd-numbered half caster multiclass builds are rounding down now
Oh, so it was nerfed/fixed?
yeah for example 7 pala 5 sorc had access to 5th level slot (3.5+5 = 8.5), thought it was on purpose since it was mentioned multiclassing spell progression is less punishing than in 5e or something before release.

hope they do something about wizard dip next

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom