Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear Released

Xenich

Cipher
[SJW] types have killed off my ability to enjoy most movies and many games these days.
There are a shitload of shit that make most movies and games unenjoyable with or without SJWism. Oblivion was just shitty. Call of Duty 4+ was just shitty. Shaky-cam is is just shitty.

It's funny because what I see is a new hipster crowd of anti-fedora-hipsters. Much edggy.

Sure, there are shitty movies and the like, but my issue is the good shows and movies that are turned to crap because now that it becomes popular, they have a captive audience to promote their politics and teach us "simple minded" folks about the folly of our ways.

Xenich

Cipher
There is also no such thing as "sjw" anything. It is a completely made up position that doesn't exist. It is used by angry people to get angry at a dictional group of people as of way of them venting anger at something they don't like. They attribute everything they don't like to this phantom group, and then attack it. I'd argue latent feelings have more to do with the anger than anything based in reality. The fact that you care so much about any of this is astonishing and sad. Get a life.

Actual, you are the very example of such. Look at your bullshit posts coming here to "educate" us on how we are all stupid and and apparently can't tell when we have political shit shoved down our throats.

You have to be the dumbest person on the planet (maybe you are Amber Scott?) and a devious piece of shit to claim that there is no SJW movements after all of the blatant evidence of it.

agris

Arcane
Patron
So didn't read 13 + 57 pages, is the game any good, all I can see is people from Twitter clogging up my Codex
I'm playing on Insane with all difficulty-based damage/stats/XP/HP disabled. The AI and encounter composition are dependent on game difficulty and combat with casters is playing much like SCS, although not quite as intense, and encounter composition in the beginning was legitimately challenging with a new character rolled just for SoD and using the default companions for the starter dungeon. I'm playing a LE thief and got Viconia, Edwin, Baeloth, Safana and Dorn (they leave after the intro dungeon). Enemies use lots of potions, not just healing but buffing as well, and special abilities.

I'm only just past the starter dungeon but the writing seems on par with the BGs, aside from the stuff quoted in the shit storm (shit maelstrom?) which I haven't seen in-game yet. Met an evil mummy, could kill him or do mummy stuff for an award. Met a lady, could fetch her stuff and be nice, fetch her stuff and demand payment, or tell her to fuck off. These were quests given in a dungeon, so standard BG.

It's scratching an itch, I like it so far. It's legitimately challenging when you don't use max HP on level up and mods that let you wear as much magical +X equipment as you want.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Isn't mod supports getting broken when an update/expansion is released kind expected, though?

I can't remember a game where it doesn't happen.

The mod support being broken is due to the way they package/protect the DLC on Steam/GOG. It's fucking frustrating because it doesn't occur on the beamdog version.

They are staying completely silent on the matter as well.

One of the devs released a tool yesterday to fix that: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/738256

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Not getting into SJW/anti-SJW "debate", I'll just quote this shit:
pZ6uGcJ.jpg

What I can't understand in that bitch thinking is the emphasis on "other" characters, because without 'em it would be "boring". What the fuck? There is so many great novels, so many absolutely ingenious characters which brilliance ain't based on their sex/race or whatever. It's a true nature of the character and his/her behaviours which should provide excellent material for a great NPC instead of fucking shallow "race/sex/sexuality" things.
Seriously, what the fuck. It reminds me of 13yo kids on their first PnP sessions. Instead of creating a deep toon with awesome background, they go the other way around. Lets give him wings! And fiery sword katana! Oh, and he's an orphan because orcs have pillaged his home town and killed all of his family. Who cares that none of these things would really matter in the long run. It's just an illusion of "awesomeness" ("Difference", in terms of Mrs. Amber Scott)
It's nothing wrong if such things are barely mentioned as a PART of character story, but if you base everything around those - Meh. You're a bad writer, period.

You can't build a proper house starting from the rooftop.

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Isn't mod supports getting broken when an update/expansion is released kind expected, though?

The mod support being broken is due to the way they package/protect the DLC on Steam/GOG. It's fucking frustrating because it doesn't occur on the beamdog version.

One of the devs released a tool yesterday to fix that: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/738256

Pretty cool that they've finally addressed this. Seems like they have just used the untested community work around though.

I'm really not sure why they used this format in the first place considering they said the SOD update was supposed to make modding easier.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
agris same impressions here, although I think shit characterizations begin to unfold after the intro dungeon. I've already been exposed to an unmistakeable recurring style of forced humor (you'll see it if you give evul answers to Imoen and minor characters), to the Cassandra ripoff character, and of course the cringe dialogue between Safana and Coran at the inn (strong independent woman kicks out her boyfriend, to the sound of feminist landwhales around the world emitting spunds of approval), so I'm starting to see what people have been complaining of. (PC also a LE thief here btw)

I don't care all that much though. Amber Scott has apparently approached writing for this game very unprofessionally, turning it into a "Fuck You: Suck My Dick - Amber Scott's Dream RPG Narrative Experience". Screw her, that shitty writing is all she will be remembered for. Not a reason to throw away the whole game imo.

If the project had an experienced lead writer, he would probably have... "restrained" her outbursts, but now we have to put up with "If someone doesn't like it, then too bad", or like ugly insecure girls say in clubs "Whoever doesn't like me, don't watch me!"

However, I was pleasantly surprised by the reacticivity in the starting dungeon, curious to see if it will keep this way. Also, yes, combat can actually get tough.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane

Pretty cool that they've finally addressed this. Seems like they have just used the untested community work around though.

I'm really not sure why they used this format in the first place considering they said the SOD update was supposed to make modding easier.
SoD was supposed to make UI modding easier, don't know about general modding.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

SoD was supposed to make UI modding easier, don't know about general modding.

Yeah that makes sense. Still not sure why they went with that stupid format for Steam/GOG.

aVENGER

Arcane
Developer

The way the DLC mechanism is implemented on Steam and GOG makes it difficult for existing modding tools (i.e. weidu) to properly locate and adjust SoD's resources. As you've pointed out, this isn't an issue on the Beamdog version since that essentially upgrades your BG:EE installation to SoD, just like Throne of Bhaal and Heart of Winter upgraded base BG2 and IWD back in the day.

That said, we are aware of the issue and a workaround has been provided. Our programmers are evaluating the situation and we will do what we can on our end.

Lhynn

Arcane
So didn't read 13 + 57 pages, is the game any good, all I can see is people from Twitter clogging up my Codex
I'm playing on Insane with all difficulty-based damage/stats/XP/HP disabled. The AI and encounter composition are dependent on game difficulty and combat with casters is playing much like SCS, although not quite as intense, and encounter composition in the beginning was legitimately challenging with a new character rolled just for SoD and using the default companions for the starter dungeon. I'm playing a LE thief and got Viconia, Edwin, Baeloth, Safana and Dorn (they leave after the intro dungeon). Enemies use lots of potions, not just healing but buffing as well, and special abilities.

I'm only just past the starter dungeon but the writing seems on par with the BGs, aside from the stuff quoted in the shit storm (shit maelstrom?) which I haven't seen in-game yet. Met an evil mummy, could kill him or do mummy stuff for an award. Met a lady, could fetch her stuff and be nice, fetch her stuff and demand payment, or tell her to fuck off. These were quests given in a dungeon, so standard BG.

It's scratching an itch, I like it so far. It's legitimately challenging when you don't use max HP on level up and mods that let you wear as much magical +X equipment as you want.
Yeah, thats what stings hard about this, some of it is good, having the whole experience ruined by incompetence on the most superficial level hurts. Its like a decent cake that has shit smeared all over its top. The cake may be good, but theres fucking smelly shit impossible to ignore on it.

Xenich

Cipher
So people who want to talk about games should register on RPGWatch because this site is about SJW/antiSJW bullshit now, right?
:bro:

It's like there's no fucking moderation whatsoever on this site.
:happytrollboy:
Mod support is broken.

One of the few saving graces of this forum. The political hacks and SJWs can't silence people through moderation tactics which is their go to defense when they don't like the discussion.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
So people who want to talk about games should register on RPGWatch because this site is about SJW/antiSJW bullshit now, right?

Mod support is broken.

One of the few saving graces of this forum. The political hacks and SJWs can't silence people through moderation tactics which is their go to defense when they don't like the discussion.
What guys like you don't get is that they are just another form of SJWs, and just as annoying.
Your justice is just different from theirs.
It's like 2 enemy groups of bored couch potato wannabe activists trolling the rest of the internet, both of them with hilariously misguided worldviews. It got old years ago.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane

Mod support is broken.

What guys like you don't get is that they are just another form of SJWs, and just as annoying.
It's like 2 enemy groups of bored couch potato wannabe activists trolling the rest of the internet, both of them with hilariously misguided worldviews. It got old years ago.
And good games like Bg:SoD are chosen to be their battleground and the rest of us suffer. Why do these Tanarri and Baatezu need to bring their Blood war into our realms?

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
It's just that I think it's unlikely to attract top-notch artists;
While I agree with your posts, I just want to point out that... who's a top-notch artist at inXile lol? Rhetorical question ofc.
I've been really impressed in my interactions with the TTON artists, but of course "does a great job explaining his approach" and "is a top-notch artist" are different things. In terms of output, it's hard for me to gauge an artist's caliber on a project of this scale. I've gotten spoiled by working on small projects where there is much more of a WYSIWYG: Vic on Primordia, Dan, Ryan, and Zoltan in Fallen Gods pretty much can let the muses move them and create exactly what they want with the parameters of the design. And the design already reflects my preferences. On TTON, there are lots of parts that have to work together, and I'm not the designer, so I can't say, "So and so's vision is amazing" or even "so and so's execution is flawless" in the same way I can on Primordia. That said, I did like the visuals I saw in the early parts of TTON.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Yeah, thats what stings hard about this, some of it is good, having the whole experience ruined by incompetence on the most superficial level hurts. Its like a decent cake that has shit smeared all over its top. The cake may be good, but theres fucking smelly shit impossible to ignore on it.
This incompetence is such a small part of the game, only people with agenda will keep using it as a excuse to bash the game that is otherwise at least decent if not fun (if you like RTwP combat and play on Insane).

Xenich

Cipher

Mod support is broken.

Oh look, its an angry SJW!

There is no my justice, there is simply the process of nature which you idiots have no clue of because you live in your little bubble. You are like the idiot who pulls on the dogs tail then whines like a little cry baby when the dog turns around and bites you. You do not live in reality, none of you SJWs do, you are little kids who never learned any life's lessons because you were coddled by a system that lied to you about reality.

If it were not for you being over coddled, nature would have curbed you a long time ago.

Xenich

Cipher

This incompetence is such a small part of the game, only people with agenda will keep using it as a excuse to bash the game that is otherwise at least decent if not fun (if you like RTwP combat and play on Insane).

Hey, it is only a small part of shit you found in your food, quit complaining dumb ass, eat up!

You truly earned that "possibly retarded" title.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Hey, it is only a small part of shit you found in your food, quit complaining dumb ass, eat up!

So no arguments and then insults? What are you? 12?

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

Mod support is broken.

It's all relative, anyone else think both sides are as bad as each other XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

:kingcomrade:

Xenich

Cipher

So no arguments and then insults? What are you? 12?

How can you be so stupid that you can not see the relational logic in my response?

FFS it is like I am teaching a retarded dog how to sit.

You claimed "This incompetence is such a small part of the game", which implies that we should not be upset because this BS is only a small part of the game.

What you fail to understand is that any bit of that can taint the entire experience.

That is.. it is like finding a piece of shit in your food. It is only in a small part of the food and didn't touch the rest, the rest is still good... so eat up right?

No wonder you SJW's are such idiots.

Trashos

Arcane
Inb4 Beamdog buys the rights of Plato's works and turns The Republic into pro-democracy propaganda to appeal to the sensitivities of the modern western audience.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom