Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bioshock Infinite - the $200 million 6 hour literally on rails interactive movie with guns thread

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
TB's final thoughts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hAPfxD3u4k

Basically what Campster said, which can be tldred to: God-Ken tried to marry a deep, complex, engagé story to a dumbfuck simpleminded shooter for retarded kids, and it hasn't worked out.

Well no shit Sherlocks. Except they both claim Bioshock 1 somehow managed to pull it off. And it just didn't. It had exactly the same problem, for the same reason, the difference being it was so new and oh-so-exciting that nobody really minded that the stupid annoying arcade combat gets in way of the story all the tah mah duh hwoon dahn time.

TB also pointed out BIS' story and setting would be fantastic for an epic RPG, which is very obviously true (btw we really need an "obviously true" smiley on Codex).

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
So, did they make back the 200 million spent on this fucking thing?
How is Ken Levine not homeless and begging at this point, all things considered?

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Total Shitscuit needed another 30 minutes on top of his hour long rambling bout of verbal diarrhea?

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Buggy game is buggy. I got to Lady Comstock's crypt in the Memorial Garden and I can't get Elizabeth to unlock the gate. She just stands there doing nothing. Am I just boned and have to restart the level?

Sad thing is, Emporia is actually the best part of the game by far. Open-ended level with multiple ways to get to the end, and strong focus on exploration and more freeform combat encounters? Yes, please.

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
I never had this bug, but I agree with you about Emporia. It's a shame the previous levels were nowhere like it. Also, the next part is the most boring/frustratingly idiotic moment of the game.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Length is not really a problem with this game. I don't know who beat it in 5-6 hours but there is no way you can do that on normal difficulty or above while also searching extensively for all the secrets and fully exploring the environments. A few of the later levels easily take an hour or so to fully search. I think a standard play-through is about 10-12 hours while you could probably spend close to 20 if you try to 100% it and search everything bottom to top twice over.

aris

Arcane
https://twitter.com/ChrisAvellone/status/322237482391437313
where's your god now codex?
:troll:
Around 5-6 hours, and that is with looking for all of the secrets.
It's just :retarded:
Do they know no shame?
He's full of shit. He finished the game, and didn't even have a basic grasp about the story, which he exposed in his review post of the game. A thorough play takes at least 10 hours, most likely between 15 and 20. Which is, and has pretty much always been, the standard length of an FPS.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Chris Avellone said:
As someone said, the title is clearly false advertising.
So Project Eternity confirmed to be eternal in length or time spent in production:troll:

abija

Prophet
Length is not really a problem with this game. I don't know who beat it in 5-6 hours but there is no way you can do that on normal difficulty or above while also searching extensively for all the secrets and fully exploring the environments.
5-6 hours is just "follow the arrow" gameplay.

So, did they make back the 200 million spent on this fucking thing??
Is there any source for that number other than some analyst saying so? Because gaming analysts are less accurate than a random number generator.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
The point being that what does it matter what Mr Avellone thinks? His opinion isn't going to change whether the game is good or not.

It's still a shit game and if you like it you belong on the Watch, not the Codex.

But okay, let's be rational for a bit. Let's say the story is step up from the drivel we usually get. Now what? 80% of the game is spent shooting at things. The shooting is horribly generic and absolutely tedious.

aris

Arcane
The butthurt caused by the trolling of republicans and christianity is strong in this one.

And are you calling MCA a worthless popamole peasant?
:mob:

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Why, thank you. Thank you for proving that being on the Codex for 5 years doesn't necessarily mean you have good taste.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom