Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Bloodborne. Discuss or die!

CDs never bothered me the first time through. After doing every possible F/R/C root chalice I can't be bothered going through the "story" dungeons. The fact that they aren't random but hand-made makes them objectively shit. Bosses are cool but that's it.

Aren't bolt gems going to negate all dex scaling and work off arcane?

So I killed all main bosses and cleared 5/10 CDs as Waste of Skin. Gehrman was definitely the hardest one. I was planning on clearing all CDs as well but suddenly the urge is gone. I'll never git gud etc...

Ho3zvJ1.jpg

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
If they add new chalice dungeons to the expansion, I hope they do what some folks have suggested and add a random "streets of Yharnam" tileset. The random dungeons would be a lot more palatable if they had more variety in the scenery, and I just love the creepy atmosphere of central Yharnam and that small area underneath the hunter workshop where you find the brainsucker.

CDs never bothered me the first time through. After doing every possible F/R/C root chalice I can't be bothered going through the "story" dungeons. The fact that they aren't random but hand-made makes them objectively shit. Bosses are cool but that's it.

Aren't bolt gems going to negate all dex scaling and work off arcane?

Yeah, slapping an elemental gem in there negates all scaling other than arcane.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
This guy has done some pretty good videos speculating on the DLC expansion coming out soon;

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I can get it on PS4? All right!

This got me thinking. Is there any chance Demon Soul might get ported to PS4? I mean the PS3 is pretty cheap now but i can't buy a whole console just for one game plus 720p resolution looks like shit. If they'd port Dark Soul too then we would have all the souls games on a single machine which would be excellent.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Well, it wouldn't be just for one game.

Here are some other PS4 exclusives that are unlikely to receive PC ports:

NieR 2 - the sequel to IMO the best written, most atmospheric game I ever played. It also happened to have the best score of any game, and I collect video game music with the same affinity you have for classical music. Basically NieR was better or just as good as PS:T, except it was a linear story with no choices.
Persona 5 - I doubt this is of interest to you, but Persona 3 and 4 are extremely well-crafted jRPGs with razor-sharp combat mechanics and true TB combat of extreme difficulty on Hard mode. Very Japanese, though.
The Last Guardian - the long-awaited spiritual successor to Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, two tremendously artistic games - and I don't like to use that word. Their visual and sound design is outstanding and they really pushed boundaries.

Personally, I am getting a PS4 as soon as I have secured a new computer and a nice monitor that's worth plugging a PS4 into, because those exclusives are more than worth it to me. All those games are extremely unlikely to ever receive PC ports.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
So guys, I'd like some info on shooting and stunning.

For my 2nd character I decided I'd finally lrn2shoot. So I practiced e.g. on the 2 big guys right after the Central Yharnam bonfire. I can time my shots so that the fall to their knees and I can hit them with critical attack.

Fast forward to Hemwick Charnel lane.

I'm now facing big guys which look exactly the same. And I think I'm shooting at exactly the same moments. But they simply will not be stunned. Am I doing something wrong? I'm still using the starting pistol with no upgrading.

A general question: is stunning chance influenced ONLY by player skill or also by some stats?

Villagkouras

Arcane
It depends only on timing for regular mobs and some bosses. I presume you talk about the big enemies with the bandages on their heads, which for me were the easiest to parry.

Probably you're shooting a bit early.

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
If you're focusing on bloodtinge use the hunter blunderbuss it has the most chance to stun. If youre not upgrading bloodtinge try ludwigs rifle its got good range and spread. The pistol may do more raw damage but it has no stopping power unless fired at the precise time for stun and is absolutely worthless even with upgrades once you start hitting 5 depth chalices. Even the repeating pistol level 10 and high bloodtinge starts to feel awfully worthless even with bone marrow ash at that those late late points. Though I had far better results in PvP with that build...

I had a char with like 65 bloodtinge and +10 Evelyn and bone marrow ash eventually started to feel pretty useless. Ludwigs rifle for stunning and the Cannon for >100 char level damage output was more satisfying for PvE.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
You want the pistol or Evelyn if you're going for interrupts for a faster draw. You can also use the Reiterpallasch if you want your offhand free to use a flamesprayer or something else. The rifles have better spread and a chance to stun, but those won't give you a visceral attack.

You don't use guns for doing damage in Bloodborne. Even with a lot of bloodtinge your regular weapons will outstrip your guns damage wise.

The axe guys are much faster than the giants in Central Yharnam, usually you want to shoot just as they start to swing rather than waiting.

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
The rifles have better spread and a chance to stun, but those won't give you a visceral attack.

What. Anything that gets stunned is open for a visceral attack.

You don't use guns for doing damage in Bloodborne. Even with a lot of bloodtinge your regular weapons will outstrip your guns damage wise.

First run you can get by with good damage with repeating pistol or evelyn well fortified with bone marrow ash from a safe distance. Around midway ng+ it starts to become moot though I was able to 2 shot people in PvP no sweat.

If you're in for the long haul I'm talking ng+++ + its absolutely worthless to level bloodtinge even if you use the Chikage as the designers thought it would be cute for the weapon to drain your health in blood attack mode.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Nope, you only get a visceral if you interrupt their attack, just shooting them won't do it. Unless that's what you meant. By interrupt, I mean the parry that needs to be timed and brings them to their knees; http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Parry

The pistol also has better range so you can interrupt from a safe distance with some enemies, then quickstep for the visceral.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Well, it wouldn't be just for one game.

Here are some other PS4 exclusives that are unlikely to receive PC ports:

NieR 2 - the sequel to IMO the best written, most atmospheric game I ever played. It also happened to have the best score of any game, and I collect video game music with the same affinity you have for classical music. Basically NieR was better or just as good as PS:T, except it was a linear story with no choices.
Persona 5 - I doubt this is of interest to you, but Persona 3 and 4 are extremely well-crafted jRPGs with razor-sharp combat mechanics and true TB combat of extreme difficulty on Hard mode. Very Japanese, though.
The Last Guardian - the long-awaited spiritual successor to Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, two tremendously artistic games - and I don't like to use that word. Their visual and sound design is outstanding and they really pushed boundaries.

Personally, I am getting a PS4 as soon as I have secured a new computer and a nice monitor that's worth plugging a PS4 into, because those exclusives are more than worth it to me. All those games are extremely unlikely to ever receive PC ports.

Well, maybe they can remaster those too and they'll save me the trouble. :M

But really. I just played Demon's Soul for a bit at a friend who has a PS3 and the low resolution looks horrible. I'm sure that applies to every other PS3 game as well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bloodborne/comments/3kgic9/bloodborne_ng1500/

Hi i'm playin 3-5 hours daily , on my hardcore speedruns I played 15-20h daily Bloodborne and btw: I stream daily. http://www.twitch.tv/zvisolution I reached 12weeks ago NG+100,9 1/2weeks ago NG+200 and 7weeks ago NG+500. At 2.8.15 I reached Ng+1000. I alsoreached 1billion echos (999.999.999 echos) At ng+373.
I didnt glitched, all honestly played.
I also played DSgames(Demons souls, Dark souls, Dark souls II , Dark souls II scholar... and Bloodborne) and i'm in every single game max level accept of scholar, because Bloodborne was released. My whole game times combined is 3800h gametime and I ve played DS II the most (1300 hours).
I became max lvl 20days after releasedate and i did all chalices 17after. But I lost 1 1/2mnths of game time bcs i made my A-level in germany ( Abitur ).
In 3 days(13.09.15) I ll reach NG+1500.
I'm usin Saw spear+10 with 3 cursed fool's damp bloodgem (34,4% physical dmg up at full hp, 2 with weapon durabilitiy down[btw; best 4 speedrun] and 1 3,2%stamina increase].
My farming locations are (best gems in the game):
By68zgaj (kill the first boss, the Watchers)
5pwujscd ( kill the first boss,the Watchers)
y592byza (best gun gem 31.5% bloodtinge dmg up, u dont need 2 kill a boss, you just've 2 kill 1 watcherin in ghe prearea of layer 1. The 1watcher is infront of a chest, also please use 3 eye runes. U'll need 5-15 tries to get it.)
n8j4rs7y (layer 1,the second lamp: past a summoning witch, and take out the ghost in this room for a 36.1%(9.1%physical dmg and 27% near death dmg up))
I killed the Watchers over 12000times, i've the fool's damp over 35times and the poorman's also over 35times. So the drop rate is extremly low, which means you need to farm for 10 hours per 1 gem (3-4mins pro run).

:hmmm:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom