Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cain on Games - Tim Cain's new YouTube channel

whocares

Savant
I will not eat the bugs. I will not live in a pod. I will not use 2FA.

Last edited:

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
I enjoy listening to Uncle Tim in these YT vids. Nice to see him so prolific with it. I expected to see maybe 3 or 4 videos per year or something like your typical old developer. But 25 in a month or two?! When folks get old and their minds drift back to their good ol' glory daze and they start a'ramblin', at least have it be about a subject that interests me. Bless Tim and his ramblin' man ways. He's informative and deserves a collective codex brofist.

Harthwain

Magister
I enjoy listening to Uncle Tim in these YT vids. Nice to see him so prolific with it. I expected to see maybe 3 or 4 videos per year or something like your typical old developer. But 25 in a month or two?!
To be fair, most of his videos are between 5 and 12 minutes, so it makes sense the updates are more frequent.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
I enjoy listening to Uncle Tim in these YT vids. Nice to see him so prolific with it. I expected to see maybe 3 or 4 videos per year or something like your typical old developer. But 25 in a month or two?!
To be fair, most of his videos are between 5 and 12 minutes, so it makes sense the updates are more frequent.
Anyone that makes videos of themselves talking for more than 15 minutes on YT these days has a narcissistic brain syndrome, and I hate seeing them parading their mental illness on public social media like that.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Anyone that makes videos of themselves talking for more than 15 minutes on YT these days has a narcissistic brain syndrome, and I hate seeing them parading their mental illness on public social media like that.
There's a monetization incentive to make videos that long. They're just doing whatever it takes to make the most money, of course it's unseemly.

0sacred

poop retainer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I'm wary of Cain, but that bit about the LotR RPG was cool.

I hope that I'll see a proper singleplayer LotR RPG in my lifetime. Should be set sometime during the Third Age, tactical combat with low magic and high lethality, and basic crafting like cooking, herbalism and maintenance of weapons, like in the books. No poz.

d1nolore

Savant
Yeah that Lotr game in Arcanum engine was such a missed opportunity. Imagine that

IMG-2552.png

Last edited:

Maldoror

Augur
At least enthusiasm still hasn't left him, tho.
It's a little bit inspiring. Even his little "toys" are more ambitious and realised than any of the junk I've spent 30 minutes fiddling with in game engines and then giving up on.
But generally speaking, there's a trend where people who have already put in the effort to accomplish sizeable things will continue to do so, while perpetual "one day-ers" will always remain as such.

Diggfinger

Arcane
Question: what is Fallout’s engine called? Think you refer to it as ‘Maya’ in the GDC talk, but not sure. Thanks ! Bonne nuit !

Timothy Cain

·
1 reply

Timothy Cain

Timothy Cain
8 hours ago
We didn’t have a name for the engine. Maya is the 3D art tool that our artists used to make assets for the game. It’s made by Autodesk.

My Fallout knowledge is hereby complete....
:drink:

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
So this is why he hasn't played Age of Decadence yet:

Edit:

Attachments

• My Colorblindness and Games_20230520_165109.865.jpg
    My Colorblindness and Games_20230520_165109.865.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom