Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cain on Games - Tim Cain's new YouTube channel

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Even in 1996 they were considering the name "The New World" which Colony Ship was initially called but says that "there are so many things wrong with that one". Boyarsky's name was "The Rust Age" which IMO isn't a bad one.

Edit:
spritefrog0693: Could you speak about why the Fallout exe has your face on it?

Tim Cain: Programmer Chris Jones did that secretly (along with my head exploding in the credits), and my face was only supposed to show up in the rare situation (rare in 1997) that someone set Windows to show Large icons. Now that setting is the default, so you get my face.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
While I agree in principle about not calling it Vault 13, he was overthinking it. No one cares that Baldur's Gate II has nothing to do with Baldur's Gate.

Vincente

Arbiter
While I agree in principle about not calling it Vault 13, he was overthinking it. No one cares that Baldur's Gate II has nothing to do with Baldur's Gate.
I think the main problem isn't the fact that it would have nothing to do with Vault 13, it's having numerals in the first game. You can't just call it Vault 13 2: Electric Vaultaloo.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I think the main problem isn't the fact that it would have nothing to do with Vault 13, it's having numerals in the first game. You can't just call it Vault 13 2: Electric Vaultaloo.
Still comes across as overthinking to me.

Russia is over. The end.

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
2d448c5111a6ac1a357c329a2169c189.png

e2b79d6d4f9ac7eb72a911b9f831d613.png

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Can't wait to be sassed by purple haired niggers while they give my character quests in Outer Worlds 2.
Actually, that's more like Real Life in the West Simulator.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom