Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cain on Games - Tim Cain's new YouTube channel

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I usually don't tell people to read YouTube comments, but there are some interesting answers from Tim.

Yeah, he's quite responsive if you ask him stuff.
If he had a bigger channel and hundreds of thousands of subscribers, this wouldn't be the case.
It's how it usually happens. Can't respond to all questions.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
He talks about AI that they've developed based on DnD/ToEE that went for military.

Edit:
How they managed to replace GURPS with SPECIAL in just 2 weeks.

Last edited:

Maldoror

Augur
Here somebody tries to get him to play the "disavow people who you've had fleeting contact with" game and he outright dismisses them. I like how Tim handles himself in the comments section of his videos.
IwYc9fJ.png

Shadenuat

Arcane
Here somebody tries to get him to play the "disavow people who you've had fleeting contact with" game and he outright dismisses them. I like how Tim handles himself in the comments section of his videos.
IwYc9fJ.png
Not fucking Ukraine again...
In b4 random ukrainian man appears claiming 22 years ago tim offered him drinks and only escaped the bear because had a headache that day, tim vanishes from web, then reappears and takes offender to court, it takes 3 years but eventually he wins but all friends he has left by that point is bunch of 2026 codex newly registered members and mca

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Talks about how crowded Interplay building was (plus there wasn't much parking space for so many employees) and that his cubicle was next to a fax machine so to reduce annoying noise he bought headphones and listened to ambient music all the time.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
120 employees and 90 parking spaces :what:

And of course Fargo was taking up one of them with his clunker.

Still another silly idea that met the chopping block was the “Dead Viper”. At the time of development, Brian Fargo had just purchased a candy-apple red Dodge Viper sports car. He would beam with pride when his V10 roared into the parking lot each morning. Almost immediately, the sports car began suffering break-down after mechanical failure – it ended up spending more time in the Interplay parking lot and repair shops than on the road.
Being pitiless bastards, we wanted to poke fun at it.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

I talk about two different proposals that Troika created in 2003 for expansions to Vampire Bloodlines...plus a one-line mention of a third one, which would have made the games into a trilogy.

p.s. the video glitch came back, and I am almost positive this is my antimalware scanner taking priority from my webcam. I forgot to turn on my computer an hour before recording, which seems to help, so that's on me.

p.p.s. I am Furious Yellow.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Among the bands he says were inspirations for Fallout OST, I can't make one out. Najimu? Nageemu? What?

Yeah that one has got me too. Anyone else figure it out? Here is a list of the other bands he spoke of. It looks as if his channel has gotten popular enough that he can't keep up with the comments section.

brian eno
aphex twin
synesthesia
najimu (?)
techno animal
future sound of london
o.rang
scorn
depeche mode

he also mentioned earlier in the video

jen michel jarre
patrick o'hearn

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Interesting videos so far and a nice music taste. I like his upload tempo. Why did he did TOW? That blows hard, man.
It paid his bills. I'm thinking that TOW was the game that made him leave Obsidian, though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom