Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cain on Games - Tim Cain's new YouTube channel

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Was he ever active here or do some of the Codexers attack him in the YouTube comments?
He's posted a few times. He used to pop on the IRC channel occasionally back in the day.

Tim recently has reminded me of "You can please all of the people some of the time, or some of the people all the time, but never all of the people all of the time." I think he thinks the latter is possible, if you're nice enough.

Tim's an older gay dude. When I was in college, I had a part time gig as a pizza delivery driver. This was decades ago. You want to know who the best demographic was for tips back in the day? Gay men. I asked a gay dude that did the same thing why gay men tipped so well, and he said it was because they had a need to be liked. This was back in the 1990s, not many people gave two shits if someone was gay. It wasn't "In your face" the way it is today. But I could always count on at least a $5 tip any time a gay dude wanted pizza.

Quillon

Arcane

I talk about how it happened that I made one last game in the role of Game Director, for The Outer Worlds.

So Leonard got "such a big role" again in the sequel. I thought they pretty much handed it over to other leads. We'll see if he'll redeem himself with a narrative worth playing this time. Its too bad they hired back Kate D tho

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Tim alludes to the broken promise of "Don't second-guess my decisions."

He also talks about how he was included in some email chains presumably related to Pillars of Eternity and thought "glad that's not me that has to deal with this," retells the story of how the Obsidian founders wasted everyone's time by asking the devs to submit game pitches and rejecting every single one of them before they finally came out and said "give us Fallout in Space pitches," and how he thought he was giving them an impossible demand by saying he would only direct if they would hire Boyarsky as a co-lead.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
There was a good game deep in there somewhere but they were not able to bring it to the surface.
Truly an underrated masterpiece...
Hardly, but there's couple of maps that I thought were lovely. Groundbreaker is amazing. That bigass dungeon on Rosewater is also great. Pig factory was fun.

If they leaned more in that deus-exy direction I think it would be much better game, but for some reason they decided to mostly have open world areas and all of those are god damn awful.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom