Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cain on Games - Tim Cain's new YouTube channel

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Some publisher guy also yelled at Tim for working in C and not C++
This is absolutely retarded, since a C++ compiler can compile C just fine. Tim probably didn't see what the hype was with the whole "object oriented programming" monkey spank that was going on in the late 1990s. The whole thing that made C special in the first place was that it was a language comprised mostly of functions as opposed to more traditional languages which were mostly keywords. As such, the "powers that be" could make a change to a base function to improve it in the lower level stuff and your source code would still compile. C++ somewhat steps back from that, or at least that's how a lot of die hard C programmers felt.

Most publishers don't know shit about programming, but they know how to read trending articles.
Interplay sent three legal threats, and after the last one Cain got a good lawyer to threaten them right back. They also lost the Fallout code and asked Tim if he still had it (they ended up finding it on one of their old machines).
This doesn't shock me since they made that contract with Micro Forte for Fallout Tactics, and Micro Forte was under the assumption that they had all the Fallout assets. Punchline, they didn't have any of them and Micro Forte had to make everything from scratch.

KainenMorden

Educated
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
One thing I never knew, your character's name in Arcanum affected RNG?
Yeah, apparently it does.
It affects item spawns in chests.
I never noticed this and never read this being mentioned anywhere and when I was a kid, I would lurk TerraArcanum forums constantly. I wonder how players even figured that out. I thought the item spawns were based off race/background this whole time.

As for Cain, I was surprised that he's not a short guy, he's like 6ft of more. I never saw the talks he gave or other interviews where he's standing at a podium or pictures next to people until after he started his channel.

Idk why I felt like he was short, I listen to him pretty regularly but often when driving or something so I miss things here and there but I recall that he often played/roleplayed gnomes in EverQuest so I guess I thought that meant he's short.

Anyways, I see him as a gay uncle in gaming. I never had a gay uncle but if I did, I'd like to imagine he'd be like Uncle Tim. Id also like to imagine he wouldn't try to touch me inappropriately.

I'll always respect him for what he contributed to the genre and how he made personal sacrifices in order to create some of the best crpgs ever that defined the genre for myself and many here.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
ZdE2QD4.png

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

I talk about "git gud" and other ways people attack each other online.

p.s. I know I kept calling Elden Ring 'Elder Ring'. I am very bad at names, for people and games.

Tim trying to cash in on the Souls fanbase?
Doesn't he know that the vast majority of them are retarded console faggots (with only a minority of respectful and mature players)?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Tim says there are some Codexers he just outright ignores now because of all their personal attacks. Also reiterating again that he thought that Fallout's character creation had too many numbers and that he didn't consider it a positive that it was a barrier to many players.

Re: gay uncles I had one with a funny sense of humor given his outlook on women.
R2Kmfglz8uAr.png

iJuxGOIebGO5.png

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Tim says there are some Codexers he just outright ignores now because of all their personal attacks.
Really now?
Hopefully I'm not one of them:troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom