Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Vavra has spoken:
Slavic retard gang assemble.
Must be tough to be from a pseudo culture that only has one noteworthy production, The Witcher (a rip off of Elric of Melniboné in the first place) and a single noteworthy company, CDPR, that already has a 50/50 good to popamole ratio.

Edit: By the way Slavs are now people of color in Oregon.
The cat is finally out of the bag.

Potatoes are not Slavs all their existence is to LARP kwanzoo mutts like you/Germs/Frog people (depending on epoch fashion).

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
good enough
That's a misnomer if there ever was one, unless by "good enough" you mean "booting the game up doesn't set my PC/console/house on fire". And what an achievement that is, CDPR can make a game that you can actually open up, truly the RPG GOTYAY.

Anything that isn't related to the writing and (some) voice acting is actively repulsive, and even the writing and VA is barely passable.

Xeon

Augur
Fucking Woodsman, that fucker keeps killing me none stop, I tried all his dialogue and unless I missed something I can't solve it peacefully, in combat he can sometimes even one shot me if not in 3 shots. I thought I will be good since the difficulty is medium but damn man.

I think I need to farm some money and upgrade some cyberware or something.

just

Liturgist
nice to see she finally enjoys life

xk54uz.jpg

might as well loot her apartment now

whaaa

3s9z4h.jpg

judy you fucking lying whore reeeee seattle my ass
i saved your whore friends, went diving and all that stupid shit
for no pussy
and now this

Reinhardt

Arcane
Vavra has spoken:
Slavic retard gang assemble.
Must be tough to be from a pseudo culture that only has one noteworthy production, The Witcher (a rip off of Elric of Melniboné in the first place) and a single noteworthy company, CDPR, that already has a 50/50 good to popamole ratio.

Edit: By the way Slavs are now people of color in Oregon.
The cat is finally out of the bag.
Haiti's first head of state Jean-Jacques Dessalines called Polish people "the White Negroes of Europe", which was then regarded a great honour, as it meant brotherhood between Poles and Haitians.
Wait, so russians actually owned negro slaves?

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
Character progression has nothing to do with role-playing. It's perfectly possible to create a role-playing game with no character levels/progression, every skill/talent/perk/trait etc. can be chosen at character creation and such a game would most likely be much more realistic and have a much higher replay value.

Also, why do people keep saying "bullet sponge enemies?"

If it takes at least 4-5 shots to take down an unarmored enemy with your basic gun, that enemy is called bullet sponge and it's exactly the case in this game.

Nonsense, bullet sponges are enemies that take a lot more than 4-5 shots to take down. Most bosses in most games are bullet sponges by design - although some developers go too far with it (e.g. Destiny). The vids way back in this thread just before launch showed a bullet sponge effect - lots of shots, lots of headshots especially. I suspect those early vids were made by trolls just using early weak weapons against later level mobs, because that's not the experience you get while playing the game.

As to progression - progression is essential to the gameplay side of RPGs. Most people wouldn't be happy with a game where nothing improves. You want to feel a sense of growth and development, like a successful life in miniature. At the same time, a good progression system has meat on the bones for people who like to think deeply about their builds and weigh up multiple factors, min-max, etc.

Honestly on Very Hard by level 20 I've found that my character is nearly unstoppable. My first "real" character was all blades and I could easily charge into packs of enemies and butcher them all with very little help. It was tough at first...

My current character, where Im pumping hacking/tech/cool only, I'm one-shotting people with my pistol easy, burning people to death with a single use of overheat etc, and if I ever run into trouble I have a smart SMG, a tech sniper and a rocket launcher wrist all of which basically delete single enemies with no issues. I actually thought the max level was 30, but it's actually 50, which is insane to me. By level 44 you can have 3 attributes completely maxed out and another 6 to spare. And you'll hit max street cred LONG before that, too, lmao. It's honestly harder to max out skills than it is to level up. This rpg lets you get super strong and almost pointlessly so, as I took down the final boss on very hard with the "no side content done, base ending" ending in two tries. The only boss that was hard was Oda, and thats because he was the first enemy I had to parry with my blades character, I was literally able to win every fight by charging a power attack and having it instantly transition to a kill animation before that.

This is why I think it's more fair to compare it to a bethesda RPG than anything else because Bethesda games basically just let you become (eventually) a god that's unstoppable and that certainly is the case in cyberpunk. The only enemies that worry my ass are those sniper rifle ones, which kill me in 1-2 hits, but since I can double jump to sniper nests super easy...

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Jesus Christ some of these side-quest gigs are about as dark as you can get (Dirty Biz)

Being able to exact justice on the father/son smut peddling team in either order: A+
As Geralt would say, 'Fucking Degenerate'. Someone at CDPR was clearly prevented from making them hand rubbing happy merchants. Too obvious.

Yeah, just for a moment, there, I was a self-exiled Nomad, used to living in the fresh air with Robin Hood rogue types, who couldn't believe that anybody could even conceive of making excuses for doing such a thing, far less doing it - as I was listening to them, in my mind I was picturing my character going "uh-huh, uh-huh, is that so? Hmmm, right ..." as my blood was boiling, my trigger finger starting to itch :)

I've seldom "seen red" in a videogame like that before. And ofc the perfect touch (in terms of the quest) being that they're father and son.

Top stuff :)

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
I am close to finishing story i think first time. It is easily already best game i have ever played and i played shitload of rpgs. The absolutely amazing part about it is that the game keeps getting better and better and better as you play in practically every way. Main story gets better and better and better, sidequests start from low brow ones to really high brow ones (like kidnapping case, aldecados quest arc). Even main quests from other games can hardly match sidequests in this game.

Combat which started simple and i never had huge hopes about became basically second MGS5. Guns that i expected to be junky became basically one of the best in gaming each being superb and packing punch with bonkers animations.

Cars which i thought would be below something like GTA are like 2 levels quality above them and they are almost as good to drive and looks good like something from Forza Horizon 4

And there is the city. Honestly after playing 77 every single open world game out there regardless of genre feels like complete wasteland of nothing compared to The Night City. In 2-3 streets there are more interiors not connected to any mission that in whole GTA5 and if you count mission related interiors... fuck me.

Finally this is i think second next gen game after Demons Souls but it looks eve level above Demons with basically unmatched visuals by any.

There are only small issues that really don't matter. On PC game is also basically bug free as i had only 2 glitches in 50 hours i played so far.

All above is already nuts but then you have to take into account that Choices and Consequences matter and various other playstyles you want to try on your 2nd and 3rd and 4th playtrough....

Fuck me. Mad lads did it.

I leave you with screenshot from my favorite part of game so far. The whole sequence is fucking nuts balls to the wall best moment in gaming in last 20 years:

photomode_14122020_015726.png

shidder

Novice
It's sight to behold to see Codex is being more possitive about this game than subreddit about it. :lol:
Don't be surprised, this place is full of Poles that cherish their national treasure, CD Projekt Red.

Which reminds me, while I was downloading the torrent (why yes, I do try before I BUY) the by far largest group of peers I was connected came from *drum roll please* Poland. :lol: You'd think that Poles would be much more likely to support their own gaming industry and their national treasure, but nope, apparently not.

They can't afford to buy Cyberpunk and their abortions. Plus they need to pay for stationary for their gay pride parades.

Perkel

Arcane
Why you copy pasta my initial review from other forum ?

Finished just story. Fucking hell what a ride. Writing first review (plan to update it after 2 and 3rd playtrough) as we speak but i doubt i will finish it quickly. There are so many things that needs to be brought up.

Considering that sequence you experience i really want CDPR to do Cyberpunk 2010-2020ish. The change of mentality in 77 compared to 2020 really shows and i am more interested to see that world instead of 77.

Last edited:

Hellion

Arcane
judy you fucking lying whore reeeee seattle my ass
i saved your whore friends, went diving and all that stupid shit
for no pussy
and now this

If you talk to her in the apartment, she says something along the lines of "sure I can talk, I'm driving right now". Which means that you're supposed to be talking to her on the phone, but she's bugged and spawns back at her place even after the conclusion of her story.

Something similar happens with Rogue. I phoned her while standing outside Embers, and she spawned there right next to me and now won't disappear.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Honestly on Very Hard by level 20 I've found that my character is nearly unstoppable. My first "real" character was all blades and I could easily charge into packs of enemies and butcher them all with very little help. It was tough at first...

My current character, where Im pumping hacking/tech/cool only, I'm one-shotting people with my pistol easy, burning people to death with a single use of overheat etc, and if I ever run into trouble I have a smart SMG, a tech sniper and a rocket launcher wrist all of which basically delete single enemies with no issues. I actually thought the max level was 30, but it's actually 50, which is insane to me. By level 44 you can have 3 attributes completely maxed out and another 6 to spare. And you'll hit max street cred LONG before that, too, lmao. It's honestly harder to max out skills than it is to level up. This rpg lets you get super strong and almost pointlessly so, as I took down the final boss on very hard with the "no side content done, base ending" ending in two tries. The only boss that was hard was Oda, and thats because he was the first enemy I had to parry with my blades character, I was literally able to win every fight by charging a power attack and having it instantly transition to a kill animation before that.

This is why I think it's more fair to compare it to a bethesda RPG than anything else because Bethesda games basically just let you become (eventually) a god that's unstoppable and that certainly is the case in cyberpunk. The only enemies that worry my ass are those sniper rifle ones, which kill me in 1-2 hits, but since I can double jump to sniper nests super easy...
I'm level 16 / street cred 25 and my impressions are the same. IMO that was all to be expected just because of how it was in Witcher 3. Also, if you become unstoppable at lvl 20 (or even earlier) here, in Witcher 3 you already start as nearly unstoppable, thanks to the almighty Roll key.

Perkel

Arcane
I leave you with screenshot from my favorite part of game so far.
Riding in elevators?

Since you don't play game here is spoiler for you:

This is sequence in which Alt Cunningham gets kidnapped and Johny organizes attack on Arasaka to get her out. In that sequence you experience Cyberpunk 2013 not 2077 and the mentality of characters than imho should be in 77 but it is completely absent due to lore reasons.

This is the switch you need to understand Johny psyche and until you don't experience that you don't realize mentality behind Johny. It is not that he is weird or fucked up. It is V and rest of 77 world that is fucked up with spine of rats who fear corpo like black death rather than to have a spine and do what is fucking right consequences be damned

This and later on talk with Johny after escaping voodoo boys on shitty chairs is what makes it awesome.

It is not that they gave justice to Never Fade Away story but they truly made Johny character badass you don't see anymore is media or games. Not because he wears aviators and has face of actor but because his character has backbone you wish you had. Which contrast a lot with V which is effectively rat compared to him and your choices you often make.

That moment on chair changed how i roleplayed character from now on and the main premise of game aka "who are you ?" started to shine. That cig you smoke with Johny is also form of acceptance that it doesn't matter if you get erased or not you live now and that is what matters no reason to think about feature when you have shit to do.

Last edited:

Terenty

Liturgist
I am close to finishing story i think first time. It is easily already best game i have ever played and i played shitload of rpgs. The absolutely amazing part about it is that the game keeps getting better and better and better as you play in practically every way. Main story gets better and better and better, sidequests start from low brow ones to really high brow ones (like kidnapping case, aldecados quest arc). Even main quests from other games can hardly match sidequests in this game.

Combat which started simple and i never had huge hopes about became basically second MGS5. Guns that i expected to be junky became basically one of the best in gaming each being superb and packing punch with bonkers animations.

Cars which i thought would be below something like GTA are like 2 levels quality above them and they are almost as good to drive and looks good like something from Forza Horizon 4

And there is the city. Honestly after playing 77 every single open world game out there regardless of genre feels like complete wasteland of nothing compared to The Night City. In 2-3 streets there are more interiors not connected to any mission that in whole GTA5 and if you count mission related interiors... fuck me.

Finally this is i think second next gen game after Demons Souls but it looks eve level above Demons with basically unmatched visuals by any.

There are only small issues that really don't matter. On PC game is also basically bug free as i had only 2 glitches in 50 hours i played so far.

All above is already nuts but then you have to take into account that Choices and Consequences matter and various other playstyles you want to try on your 2nd and 3rd and 4th playtrough....

I leave you with screenshot from my favorite part of game so far. The whole sequence is fucking nuts balls to the wall best moment in gaming in last 20 years:

And then you woke up

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
Guess who is angry:

2020-12-16-2.png

Is amusing watching the full 180 from 'bestest game ever and it's not even be released yet' to 'I couldn't even play it because a texture didn't load'. Just in an hour this morning, I loaded into the same body space as an NPC (glitch for driving on reload), had one speak with an echo, had another with dialogue which didn't have audio, couldn't loot items, etc etc. But that's shit which will eventually be fixed because it's so in people's faces and is clearly not working as intended. It's the 'good enough' systems and mechanics which have been pushed out which need the real work and got to wonder how much overhaul is going to happen for those.

Just a reminder that Angry Joe "loved" Dragon Age Inquisition and found being an archer exciting.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane

And then you woke up

To me C77 feels like true next gen game while every other game is just two levels below it:
- Guns have no business being this good in open world game yet they do and in fact they are far better than most of dedicated shooters and for me personally they give best gun feel right now topping Destiny and Doom.
- Cars shouldn't have better physics than literally car driving game like GTA5 and yet they do being imo only worse to Forzahorizon
- it has no business being better at being DeusEx as open world game than actual DeusEx with its closed world and yet it is, moreover the more you play it the more it plays like MGS5

On top of that there is stuff that expected from CDPR game like:
- characters
- story
- side missions
- world design

Which all are above and beyond what TW3 delivered which already was sitting on top. TW3 feels like last gen game compared to 77 right now on those fronts.

Yes bugs deteriorate that for many people but once game will be patched this will be game people will play for years if not for multiple play-troughs to see whole story then for game-play itself and world doing multiple different builds etc.

77 started next gen without asking anyone for permission in both gameplay and graphics.

Yoomazir

Educated
So it's confirmed then? CDPR is going full No Man's Sky with this game, they gonna keep patching and adding content in the long run.
Welp, see you in 2 years, lads, maybe the game will be in the state it was supposed to be then.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Lmao see you in 10 years after 10 DLCs and 5 special editions + two extra hardware upgrade cycles.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom