Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Danikas

Arcane
94905364cd23c9257ba42828558ab55f.png

holy shit

Neo-Whoa-GIF.gif
Good those corpotards care only about money maybe they will learn something from this because they lost cash.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Seriously though, corpo suits and dresses are so nice, but I can't for the life of me find any with a lot of mod slots. This needs transmog or something...come to think of they already have it in the form of those full costumes, why not apply that to all clothing slots?
When you get to street cred at least 27 (before that I think it was 15) you will get the shops restocked with higher level clothes, but you may have requirement for you character level in order to be able to wear them.

Also, to find corpo clothes you need to go to clothes shops in corpo neighborhoods. Initially I was wondering why is everybody dressing like a jerk or a whore, because I was walking around Kabuki, but later it dawned on me that I should check the shops in Japantown and Costa del Rei for example.

i don't even care about the shitty police system anymore. i mean you're not going to shoot civilians anyway because all they do is throw up their hands and do a slav squat so what's the point of doing anything criminal?
God be praised, one of the naysayers has converted after realizing that going on a rampage was not the spirit of his character anyway. IDK, it always seemed obvious to me, and I only triggered police once, when I missed a tiger claw and fired a shot into a crowd of people on the opposite sidewalk. Oops.

94905364cd23c9257ba42828558ab55f.png

holy shit
So what should have happened from the start has finally happened, only it was Sony who enforced it. The game should not be made available for old consoles at all. The best would be if they only allowed it for PS5 and Xbox Series S/X. CDPR got asked at the conference call if this could have been done from the beginning.

Gerrard

Arcane
They are working on an Anime Series Cyberpunk 2077 for Netflix. Akira Yamaokoa will be doing the music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7dKVCw7bkE

Cyberpunk film in the works even. That one is a long shot who would get to film it? Created by Keanu Reeves.

Prepare for Cyberpunk 2077 to be all over the place.

https://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/3005-392/Cyberpunk-2077-Trauma-Team-1

Huge Brand huge expansion into everything. There is tons of licenses for merchandise, fashion, and many other things.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Cyberpunk Dildo is sold and becomes the biggest seller. Think Hello Kitty's sucess.

Actually you could just sell anything with Cyberpunk 2077 on it. Prepare for CDProject Red's Stock in the coming years to go insane.
They already made a shitload of branded trash. What is more likely is that they will need to prepare a landfill.

overly excitable young man

Yes, but Deus Ex was a good game. And it didn't present you with 3 literal buttons to press, one for each ending.

Whoever says game presents you with buttons don't know the fuck they are talking about. Leaving aside masterful stroke in which that choice is made:

- What options you have depends on choices you made along the way.
- Those endings content change depending on choices you made more or less.
- Epilogue to those endings also change a bit depending on choices made.
- Calls you get from various characters represent effectively ending slides.

And we are not even talking about quality of those endings. By that i mean writing, what they mean and so on. We are just taking out meat from freezer not talking about dish that will be made out of it or how it will taste.

The lifepaths issue has some merit but imho the problem with it is that they did time skip instead of proper introduction not that they lock you into effectively street kid archetype.

I finished my game as Nomad and despite obvious circle jerk that you play actually as street kid always, after prologue i actually never felt that way, the way V talks at first glance is kind of ratish but the more you play the more neutral V becomes and moreover the various lines you choose do really change how you feel about character just stupid drinking bear vs not make huge difference to RP, moreover as you interact with world you quickly realize that streetkid/nomad/corpo doesn't mean shit toward people personalities as you can find plenty of street kid types in nomads, corpos in rockerboys and so on. I started game as nomad and i finished game as nomad and it really felt whole way after prologue that i played nomad. Because the difference came to choices you made along the way and people you interacted or not with.

And those are just endings. Real meat of the game is in sidequests where most of C&C happens which later on has impact on main quest in various ways sometimes in big way sometimes not. Like old saying goes, it is the journey that matters not the destination point.
Dude your quoting game is weak.
You meant to quote Gerrard .

Danikas

Arcane
They already made a shitload of branded trash. What is more likely is that they will need to prepare a landfill.
I always wonder who buys this branded shit from any game even if I love a game you wont see me buying the shit merchandise cant imagine myself going out with some gayming t-shirt or other trash on me.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I managed to sneak easilly through red skulls and take out some groups that could be hacked with debuff, also lots of nades and kiting. Thing is it's not really worth it unless you're looking for the challenge since you can't use overleveled loot
And yeah most of them are in the desert and that city area where you're sent on a Kirk's sidequest

Actually for the first time I see someone actually tried explored the game lol.
I always wondered is there something in that part around city.
Could there be sekkkrets?

Still, stealth is very enjoyable overall. "Predator stealth" where you go around sniping fools without being seen is probably my favorite kind of gameplay of all, full stop, and as long as a game does that well I will enjoy it despite its faults. Skyrim and Fallout 4 are other examples where that kind of gameplay was done well enough that I enjoyed the games despite all their faults.

For me it's kind of guilty pleasure - yesh, it's dumb, and all, but I enjoy that too. That's the only reason to play that game lol.

Gargaune

Magister
These were people who got Witcher 3 to work on a switch. I think their only problem was releasing them all at once. They should have delayed the first gen release and worked on them as a separate project, like the Switch. I worry that merely fixing the shit performance on the first gen releases will delay needed resolution of issues on PC.
Not really an option to serve the hardcore segment and tell the bulk of the gaming market to "please try again later", both potential customers and platform manufacturers would've jumped down their throats. Sure, you might imagine Sony and Microsoft eager to push their new generation of hardware, but a staggered release could've easily steered some customers towards the light of PC or the filth of Stadia as well.

Aside from that, the game had already suffered multiple delays, more complications would've likely shaken shareholder confidence and brought further pressure from creditors. Down goes the stock price, up go the interest rates.

CDPR put themselves between a rock and a hard place when they repeatedly miscalculated the scope of the work, now there's nothing for it but to face the music.

So what should have happened from the start has finally happened, only it was Sony who enforced it. The game should not be made available for old consoles at all. The best would be if they only allowed it for PS5 and Xbox Series S/X. CDPR got asked at the conference call if this could have been done from the beginning.
Not possible from a commercial standpoint, it completely changes revenue projections. The new consoles have just been released and there are supply shortages, it'll be a year or longer before market adoption reaches anywhere near to support the sort of numbers CDPR likely planned on pulling in for a flagship non-exclusive AAA production. They clearly intended to launch on a mature hardware cycle rather than as a next-gen driver, given their original release target, you can't just swap those around on the fly after having scoped and spent the budget.

I suspect that this refund scheme is a measure to regain consumer goodwill, but that they're not really counting on a large segment of their outgoing console segment taking them up on it. A few will do it and swear never to buy from CDPR again, some others will swear the same and then buy it again later, but the majority will probably stick with it and wait for performance patches.

Turjan

Arcane
When you get to street cred at least 27 (before that I think it was 15) you will get the shops restocked with higher level clothes, but you may have requirement for you character level in order to be able to wear them.

Also, to find corpo clothes you need to go to clothes shops in corpo neighborhoods. Initially I was wondering why is everybody dressing like a jerk or a whore, because I was walking around Kabuki, but later it dawned on me that I should check the shops in Japantown and Costa del Rei for example.
I went to that store in Vista del Rey Charter Hill (street cred 37, level 21), and they had hardly anything with a slot. Still some level restricted stuff, too.

Btw, do crafting recipes for clothing need a special treatment to show up? I have a few recipes, but unlike weapons or drugs, the recipes don't show up in the crafting menu.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I just played through the Ballad of Buck Reaves quest.

If I had a twitter I would ask the CDPR account this: "Would Johnny Silverhand have wanted for people to follow a dotted line on a minimap to reach an objective?"
Yeah, it sucks big time. Most of the time I feel like a hen.
Are there any mods or settings to disable this?

Turn off the minimap in options. Its a BIG improvement to gameplay.

I'm laughing at you guys bitching about a minimap with objectives and dotted lines in a game that's supposed to be a cyberpunk simulation ;) What are you, a schlub with a pencil and an old envelope?

Simulation is gameplay, to an extent, so in a game like this POIs and breadcrumb trails make sense. They don't make sense in a fantasy game unless you go to a shop and buy a map, and even then the map should be vague and not too pinned down (like the quest maps in Thief). (Why don't they sell fucking maps in fantasy games? Never understood that.)

I agree that finding things by environmental cues is the best kind of open world gameplay though. But I don't think we don't have enough of that because devs are lazy per se (as someone said earlier); it's because either shareholders are greedy, management is crap, or both, and devs seem to be always up against the wall trying to get the basic game done. If management were good, things would be done on time, and devs would have the luxury of sticking tons of extra fun in the game.

*sigh*

How does it make sense to point every quest on the map since the begining? They just eliminated any kind of interactions with NPC to get a quest and justification for it to even be there in the game world. Go where the marker is and that will trigger the quest, fucking pinacle of game design. That's the laziest implementation I have ever seen in a game like this. This "system" is retarded brother of notices pinned to a boards in The Witcher 3, the difference is in The Witcher it was perfectly justified. You could also met NPC's in a game world to take a quest, they were there. You know, like in any other crpg.

I'm shocked anybody here defending this kind of terrible design. This feels in places like people making the game were learning from "how to make an rpg" from internet Unity guide on youtube.

I wasn't thinking about quests, but things like police alerts, maybe POIs like "possible job here" - and obviously once you get a quest it's fine to have the marker and the breadcrumbs.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Big data, cameral, full transparence of personal life - this last part will come later, when everything will be operate via streams and clouds, and useds will have only useless terminals at ther hands, and when personal computers will be restricted to have for usual citizens.

Yeah, and as you said there won't be "netrunners" or anything romantic like that. So it won't be cyberpunk.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Hows the skyline in this game. It height used to an effect. Are there any quests that use height? Chasing someone on top of skyscrapers etc.? Man the possibilities that can be used in this game are pretty endless.

I wonder is there is someht8ing there - some sekkkrets, some weapon, somehting.
Chances are low.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom