Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
There are also the obvious - in my opinion - cuts. So far I've seen two instances where in the course of the main quest I am looking for a favor from a fixer. I can guess that this was intended to be one of multiple options, and that I was supposed to be developing my relationship with multiple fixers whose missions become available gradually. My estimation based on that leaked timeline of development was that these plans were dropped in April.

This would help a LOT with overall narrative flow if part of main story involved building rep to certain level with one or more fixers. As it is you can easily ignore half the city in a playthrough. I got to final act and had done nothing in central part of city and very little in eastern part. From the point of view of the character why in hell would you spend any time doing all this side stuff anyway. Could have easily made it part of the story.

I guess it just keeps coming back to the games obviously mismanaged development.

Sad.

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
can we please permaban all those who post and reply with autoplaying videos, please?

Fuck yes, this thread is turning into plebbit because of salty retards.

It is becoming annoying I must agree. If I wanted to read reddit stupidity I'd go there, the people constantly linking to it especially with auto-play videos should get a warning and then the banhammer it is outta control.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This would help a LOT with overall narrative flow if part of main story involved building rep to certain level with one or more fixers. As it is you can easily ignore half the city in a playthrough. I got to final act and had done nothing in central part of city and very little in eastern part. From the point of view of the character why in hell would you spend any time doing all this side stuff anyway. Could have easily made it part of the story.

I guess it just keeps coming back to the games obviously mismanaged development.

Sad.
They've been reiterating so many times that their aim is that there should be no distinction between side content and main content, that I actually believe they had it planned.

Yosharian

Arcane
Just out of curiosity, what are these autoplaying videos you're talking about? I'm not seeing any of these videos autoplaying, maybe we're running different browsers or something?

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Just out of curiosity, what are these autoplaying videos you're talking about? I'm not seeing any of these videos autoplaying, maybe we're running different browsers or something?
If you're browsing in Windows and using Chrome, don't know about others, embedded Reddit's videos start automatically.

Fortunately, I'm usually browsing from my Samsung Tab S6 tablet where the Android Chrome never allows autplaying of videos ever. For some reason embedded reddit videos slip through on desktop Chrome.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

I thought today was drama Wednesday or whatever the fuck.

I don't particularly like Dunkey, but his shit's alright. YouTube is a cesspool.

If anything, Cyberpunk inspired me to make a mission where you assassinate influencers.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
If you're browsing in Windows and using Chrome, don't know about others, embedded Reddit's videos start automatically.

Fortunately, I'm usually browsing from my Samsung Tab S6 tablet where the Android Chrome never allows autplaying of videos ever. For some reason embedded reddit videos slip through on desktop Chrome.
From steam:

Hotfix 1.06 is now available!

Quests
Dum Dum will no longer go missing from Totentanz entrance during Second Conflict.

PC-specific
Removed the 8 MB save file size limit. Note: this won’t fix save files corrupted before the update.

AwesomeButton

Patron
I feel like there is a lot undocumented changes, ~1GB to remove a savegame limitation? How would this update have to work, is it swapping whole .archive files or something?

Game is so bad, you are excited for an update. Is it really that bad?
Concentrate on the text more and look for subtext less ;)

Derringer

Prophet
Sleeping Dogs is fun for Hong Kong GTA with Bamham combat but just like Bamham you can just mash the dodge button and attack on-cue to finish it, and just like most Canadian games the good bits are copy-pasted to shit and there isn't enough environmental objects to smash people with to make up for the lack of variety for the combat. I guess it's slightly better than generic 3rd person shooters like Saints Row past 2 and cover shooters like GTA past 3.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
NEWS

HOMENEWS 1PRE-ORDER NOW

1280×720

HOTFIX 1.06
December 23, 2020

Hotfix 1.06 is available on PC and consoles! Here is the full list of changes:

Quests

• Dum Dum will no longer go missing from Totentanz entrance during Second Conflict .
Console-specific

• Improved memory management and stability, resulting in fewer crashes.
PC-specific

• Removed the 8 MB save file size limit. Note: this won’t fix save files corrupted before the update.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Sleeping Dogs is fun for Hong Kong GTA with Bamham combat but just like Bamham you can just mash the dodge and attack buttons to finish it, and just like most Canadian games the good bits are copy-pasted to shit and there isn't enough environmental objects to smash people with to make up for the lack of variety for the combat. I guess it's slightly better than generic 3rd person shooters like Saints Row past 2 and cover shooters like GTA past 3.
For me it was great because of the Hong-Kong setting. I played mostly for the story, can't say I was burning with anticipation of the next trash combat.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Sleeping Dogs is fun for Hong Kong GTA with Bamham combat but just like Bamham you can just mash the dodge and attack buttons to finish it, and just like most Canadian games the good bits are copy-pasted to shit and there isn't enough environmental objects to smash people with to make up for the lack of variety for the combat. I guess it's slightly better than generic 3rd person shooters like Saints Row past 2 and cover shooters like GTA past 3.
For me it was great because of the Hong-Kong setting. I played mostly for the story, can't say I was burning with anticipation of the next trash combat.

It was a competent open-world game that isn't filled with Ubisoft collectathons and is memorable for hot asian pussy.

7/10

ADL

Prophet
I feel like there is a lot undocumented changes, ~1GB to remove a savegame limitation? How would this update have to work, is it swapping whole .archive files or something?

Game is so bad, you are excited for an update. Is it really that bad?
Concentrate on the text more and look for subtext less ;)
When I went to update the game, it warned me I needed 50GB of temporary storage so it must be touching a lot of files.
Also it's taking a while. Five minutes and I have one of those big dick NVMe drives.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
The Peralez' apartment has spectacular views of Night City:

5h68mv.jpg

dxnboe.jpg

u3kt4r.jpg

7r112t.jpg

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
For some reason, those particular shots look like they could be from some sort of Deus Ex HD mod.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom