Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

OctavianRomulus

Learned
I expected better, so much better.

RPGCodex is a toxic-free environment, so I won't ask you why.

Well, mate, we have fucking standards here. I don't like being fed garbage made for the lowest common denominator especially not when games like Deus Ex exist. THAT is what I wanted, but on a larger scale. Don't think I've seen a game with Human Revolution's conversation battle system ever since, and that was in 2011. All I get is a garbage dialogue system WORSE than the one in Fallout 4, glitchy animations, sounds not playing, AWFUL UI that is a chore to navigate and people I don't give a shit about but the game expects me to. I even forgot what that Mexican dude's name was. Carlos was it? I have no clue cuz I don't fucking care.

Stop pretending fixing bugs will make the game better.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
I've seen a game with Human Revolution's conversation battle system ever since, and that was in 2011. .

Because it was garbage. Trying to understand the reactions of your interlocutor was worse than LA Noire, and the augmentation made it even more convoluted. Like, I can understand Alpha and Beta, but what the fuck is Omega?

Best conversation system is the one from Alpha Protocol

ADL

Prophet
DO NOT BUY THIS GAME unless you are part of the braindead "grafeex, cutscenes and titties 10/10" crowd.
Or if you're an immersive sim patrician that has literally nothing else to play except Prey, Dishonored, System Shock, Thief or Deus Ex for the hundred and fiftieth time. Not saying it's better than any of those but I did enjoy playing something new for once.

Yosharian

Arcane
It seems most 'Cool' convo related options are gated at a 6. Are they worth the point?
There is almost no point to any of these skill checks in conversation from what I've seen, I can count on the fingers of one hand the amount of times it actually seemed to get me anywhere I couldn't have gotten some other way

Semiurge

Cipher
Driving through the streets of Night City with a car is hell. Holy shit, the people and the the other vehicles are just obstacles, nothing more. It becomes an exercise in frustration trying to avoid NPCs that jump in front of my car trying to give me a wanted state. It's all one big obstacle course. There's no AI in this game.

Just run over them son.

alyvain

Learned
Well, mate, we have fucking standards here.

Then why the fuck you expected something grand from an open-world action game from the developers of the Witcher 3, surrounded by over-the-top marketing, while EVERY SINGLE TRAILER was unimpressive as hell? every single tidbit of information about it was signaling a mediocrity at best and a pure clusterfuck disaster at worst.

I thought Codex was the place were anyone knew better.

I don’t get why you decided to bring up bugs. I’ve already written in this very thread that they have little to do with this game’s actual problems. The development cycle hell, poor choices here and there — it all has nothing to do with the fact that the very design philosophy behind this title cannot at any rate result in a gem, even in the best-case scenario.

Gastrick

Cipher
How'd they have a save that went over 8mb in the first place? That would be enough for an 8.3 million letter long password.

alyvain

Learned
Just run over them son.

The detective guy, the one who is on his superiors’ bad side because of his strict principles, actually killed three people in my playthrough. Saw that terrible acts of police violence when I was on a passenger’s seat. He didn’t even bat his mechanical robo-eye.

10/10, great and immersive experience

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
The only standard that matters now to the Codex is the memes

3e24e09801ca54b65d082b3f8ab5eef2o.png

Semiurge

Cipher
Panam romance is well done also but V hasn't yet closed the deal. In fact he's been simping like a motherfucker and not really getting anywhere -- maybe that's why it feels so real.

Treat them with respect, they're not vending machines for sex.

They should have created hubs like Deus Ex and gone to town making every inch come alive and interactive.
Unfortunately CDPR have commercial rather than strictly artistic incentives these days. They wanted to have their cake and eat it with the GTA openworld/ Borderlands shlooter juxposition & exhausting console marketing cycle . There's simply not enough enough focus and artistry woven into the overall product. It's compromised from the top down.

It's usually just the base creatives who have an ounce of creative ambition when the executives have developed a taste for success, and they probably got the boot from CDPR a long time ago or left, and now the creatives' only ambition is education. A natural life cycle of corporations, they start with an idea, but success breeds thirst and demands greater sacrifices
in the name of continued growth. It leaves no room for the original ideal.

I had a hilarious bug where my character still had a revolver in her hand. Sure made the sex scene...interesting. Who knew V was that kinky. :lol:

Janice-Gun-Richie-Aprile-Sopranos-Sex.jpg

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
It's usually just the base creatives who have an ounce of creative ambition when the executives have developed a taste for success, and they probably got the boot from CDPR a long time ago or left, and now the creatives' only ambition is education. A natural life cycle of corporations, they start with an idea, but success breeds thirst and demands greater sacrifices

It's this stuff that's gonna utterly decimate the industry in time. This is unsustainable and they know it.

Semiurge

Cipher

It's this stuff that's gonna utterly decimate the industry in time. This is unsustainable and they know it.

I always thought you were a smart fuck. Your agreeing with me means a lot.

Turjan

Arcane
How'd they have a save that went over 8mb in the first place? That would be enough for an 8.3 million letter long password.
The game keeps track of every item you pick up or craft. The bodies from your fights, at least as far as they are related to quests or gigs, stay in place forever. You can go there in-game weeks later and loot whatever you left behind. Weapons and armor are the worst offenders, as they come in many minute variations.

At least some stuff, like vehicles you nicked or stuff you sold, gets deleted after 48 in-game hours. Which doesn't necessarily mean that the references to those items get deleted.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom