Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
CDPR has a... strange interpretation of "meaningful C&C" in this game for sure.
During the mainquest you interrogate a ripperdoc, getting the option to punch him. And you really want to, he has a very punchable face. Since his clinic is a backalley dump and every NPC comments that he basically staples bathroom floor tiles on people... what would you lose? Pretty obvious choice, amirite?

WRONK!

By punching him, you lock yourself out of the ONLY ripperdoc that sells epic arm cybernetics, AND, even worse, the legendary hover legs.
Choices and consequences bitch! How could anyone not predict this, right?

"Fuck you player. Love, Bethesda Poland CDPR."
:outrage:

It's like the systems were done by many different team that never spoke with each other, and then slapped together and shipped

Gargaune

Magister
Okay, you guys weren't kidding about the Mizutani Shion, I boosted one of 'em and it definitely handles beautifully! That's the next car I'm raising money for... Dakota's got a Nomad version for 115k, though I think I'll pick up the regular street version first, apparently Regina'll have one at SC30. A shame it won't be blue, I think, the one I borrowed was a lovely blue.

Meanwhile, I picked up the not-General Lee Quadra in Santo Domingo. Tried the Avenger as well, I think it was more nimble but I also felt like I was losing control of it way too easily. Besides, the orange paint job might not be corpo material, but dat ass!

quadra66.jpg

Say what you want about Cyberpunk, but it's a great .jpg dispenser... The bugs? That's all Chris Roberts playing with voodoo dolls.

In shittier news, looks like the high CPU temps are back since I went on 1.06. Thanks, Poland! For fuck's sake...

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Chocking is not about depriving people from air. That takes too much time. It's about blocking the flow of blood to the brain

The problem is that you need to compress someone's neck for several minutes after he's unconscious to choke/suffocate him. If anything, it looked more like the frail old man died from getting smacked onto the ground. Or a heart attack.

5 seconds. Bisping is out. How long would it take to kill a 150 years old man?

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter
Act I should have been what was the montage, and should have been the majority and foundation of the game. All players should have started with a nomad background new to Night City (the backgrounds were meaningless and limited anyway so you don't lose anything thereby), with the nomad first mission being the start of your journey, and Jackie being your first contact but not forced on you either. You would be introduced to the city and the world the same as "V" (which could mean anything), and develop in the game building a reputation to "become a Night City legend" and eventually reach a point where better fixers contact you, giving you the Dexter mission and stealing the biochip. The second act would be building up allies and so forth, and missions that would make sense for a time crunch, quickly building up for the finale sequence.

Also they should have focused more on making a legitimate RPG instead of "action adventure story" after hyping up an RPG for years in marketing before bait and switching. Then again many retards love movie games masquerading as RPGs, and even this pile of shit has fanboys here on the Dex.

Last edited:

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter
CDPR has a... strange interpretation of "meaningful C&C" in this game for sure.
During the mainquest you interrogate a ripperdoc, getting the option to punch him. And you really want to, he has a very punchable face. Since his clinic is a backalley dump and every NPC comments that he basically staples bathroom floor tiles on people... what would you lose? Pretty obvious choice, amirite?

WRONK!

By punching him, you lock yourself out of the ONLY ripperdoc that sells epic arm cybernetics, AND, even worse, the legendary hover legs.
Choices and consequences bitch! How could anyone not predict this, right?

"Fuck you player. Love, Bethesda Poland CDPR."
:outrage:
I didn't even punch him, I just grabbed him and threatened to punch him but the game suggested I punched him and locked me out anyway.

Koolz

Learned
Possibly Retarded
Looks like some more lawsuits are in the making for this non Cyberpunk game, I mean the next Cyberpunk Game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5waFS_OPvqc

Also in the Cyberpunk world of 2021!!
Going From Human 1.0 To Human 2.0 (from Dr. Carrie Madej) — Derek Knauss She warns of a hellish plan to control humans through hydrogel technology, already developed, inserted with vaccines, which will become part of the body and provide a lifetime feedback mechanism for total control of humans connected to an AI platform. Technocracy and Transhumanism have always been joined at the hip. Technocracy uses its “science of social engineering” to merge technology and society. Transhumanism uses its field of NBIC to merge technology directly into humans.

Koolz

Learned
Possibly Retarded
wouldn't be interesting if in Cyberpunk 2077 you had to get a vaccine and that vaccine was actually Nano Machines that allowed you to connect to the net!

How the Hell did they miss that!
Military has got this!

West Point Military Academy Briefing on Mind-Control and COVID-19 RNA DNA 5G Remote Control Zombie World Remote brain control via the Covid vaccine is going to eventually be possible (within years) if it is not possible now. This is not fruitcakery, it was a military briefing done at West Point. The speaker actually talks about encoding DNA for remote control of people. Remote brain control via the Covid vaccine is going to eventually be possible (within years) if it is not possible now

Make a good CyberPunk Story.

Koolz

Learned
Possibly Retarded
Cyberpunk 2077 has nothing on 2020 Come on!!!

Imagine a group of People that create a Bio Weapon in a country to lock down the world , crush economies,

Force Vaccines, Make you wear a Mask. And those Vaccines have nano Machines that are controlled by Frequency waves on a 5G network.

Pretty Cool Cyberpunk Story.

Alright maybe more later on Cyberpunk 2077 drama I just want to know where CD Project Red Fucked up. At what stage in development did it happen.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
wouldn't be interesting if in Cyberpunk 2077 you had to get a vaccine and that vaccine was actually Nano Machines that allowed you to connect to the net!

How the Hell did they miss that!
Military has got this!

West Point Military Academy Briefing on Mind-Control and COVID-19 RNA DNA 5G Remote Control Zombie World Remote brain control via the Covid vaccine is going to eventually be possible (within years) if it is not possible now. This is not fruitcakery, it was a military briefing done at West Point. The speaker actually talks about encoding DNA for remote control of people. Remote brain control via the Covid vaccine is going to eventually be possible (within years) if it is not possible now

Make a good CyberPunk Story.

I think you'll fit right in with GD.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
DLCs being gigs given by fixers, what a great idea. That will really integrate well with the urgency of the main quest

:despair:
With the way they ended the story, what options they have?

Different character. Maybe they could somehow fix the lack of C&C of the base game by having Vs actions affecting indirectly the story of this other character

Also...if they make the DLCs as mid game gigs...shouldn't they hire againt Keanu Reeves to voice the comments from Johnny Silverhand?

DeepOcean

Arcane
Many things are done remotely (taking quests, getting the rewards for it, getting offers on cars) and they do make sense in the game's technological world but from a gameplay perspective it makes everything very dull. Going to the fixer every time to take and deliver a quest would have been bad in the end too but at least it would have been some form of interaction. It would have been nice to introduce them differently too, maybe make it mandatory to visit each fixer from the area at least once so the person behind the call is not just a random voice. It could have worked fine with your background too, as some fixers could get info on you and depending on your background you could get a different reaction or maybe even a different reward.

I am not sure if this will ever be fixed or if it can be fixed, even after fixing every single bug and making the game run on old consoles. (I am being optimistic here) :negative:
Man, driving to the fixer every time to hear some throw away lines would just drag out the torture, the problem of those side jobs is their structure, getting to yet another dirty ganger bar and blowing the heads of the gangers in there gets tiresome at some point and there isnt anything to do about it.

The problem is CDPR decided that the best way to make a cyberpunk game is you being a ganger exterminator, when people talk Cyberpunk 2020, what is the first thing that comes to your mind? High stake heists where you need to deal with powerful corporate security? Nah... for CDPR, Cyberpunk is about you being Robocop killing street trash.

After a certain point, when I got to Heywood and Santo Domingo, I just started blasting every single ganger I saw and didnt care if I was entering on mission areas, didnt even hear the fixers, just blasted everything, all the fuckers down and played like a Far Cry game, it became more tolerable instead of imagining you are on a mission, just take it as yet another shooting gallery and blast shit away, eventually press F on some computer or shit to complete the missions, that is it. This game isnt a RPG.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom