Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

overly excitable young man

lol the retards patched it and now you get an intro before accessing the main menu

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Noticed all my friends playing Cyberpunk on Steam has the "zzzz" next to their name. Is there so much cutscenes or something that Steam logs you afk?

Adding a pic to my earlier post:

5B713442C417EA47383500251DB9F67FC18D85A8

Perkel

Arcane
Some of the little side-quests are actually quite cool.
I just did a gig from some random dude in Afterlife to go to an abandoned old slum area by the water and find something in a fridge among the shacks there, it turned out to be a Japanese surgeon who'd "accidentally" killed a gang boss and smuggled himself out of danger in the fridge, because the gang were still hunting him. Kevin ( :) ), the guy who gave me the job, hadn't told me any of that, so I had to lug this semi-conscious guy to a car for delivery to Kevin and safety, while occasionally putting him down and dispatching gang members looking for him. Naturally I was a bit pissed off with Kevin and the Jap, but I was mollified when they gave me a very nice katana for my troubles :)
Quite entertaining :)

I am the best surgeon.

My favorite so far is collecting cabs for Dalaman. Thought this will be just stupid collect 6 something...

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
I wonder if anyone else has experienced this: When you first shoot a cop and your warrant level starts rising, an army of cops suddenly appear into the area, armed to the teeth. The street would be empty and, next thing you know, you're completely surrounded.

overly excitable young man

The armor system is fucking great. Kingdom Come Deliverance is shit compared to it.
A bustier that gives me twice as much armor than full body net running suit.
Amazing!

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Seriously, some people in this thead are more clueless about what they are playing even than the gamejournos.

Can't wait until the new Diablo 4 comes out and the local autists start complaining that the game is still a braindead hack&slach and bitching that it's not TB, no C&C, and no interesting storyline. :lol:

But it's Activisio game!.. what you expected?
But it's Blizzard game!.. what you expected?
But it's Bethesda game! what you expected?
But it's X game! what you expected?

I EXPECTED GOOD GAME!
GOOD GAME NOT A PIECE OF SHIT!

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Seriously, some people in this thead are more clueless about what they are playing even than the gamejournos.

Can't wait until the new Diablo 4 comes out and the local autists start complaining that the game is still a braindead hack&slach and bitching that it's not TB, no C&C, and no interesting storyline. :lol:

I EXPECTED GOOD GAME!
Good games died in 2007, better find a new hobby or keep replaying the old games till you die nigga its all downhill now.

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014

I EXPECTED GOOD GAME!
Are you living under a rock? The last time I genuinely expected something good to come out (a game, a music album, a movie) was like 15 years ago. That’s the main difference between now and the 90’s: “How awesome it’s going to be?” vs “How shitty it’s going to be?”

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
AAA games are just consistently terrible for quite a while now. The only ones worth a damn are "immersion sims" like Dishonored and nu Deus Ex. They have the money to both make them look good and have expansive level design you have a myriad ways to go through. Which is what Cyberpunk should've been.

Dexter

Arcane
wow. no wonder they never allowed footage of the console versions to be shown lol
They didn't allow footage of the PC version either and DMCA'd all that shit before release, all the "critics" apparently had to sign lengthy NDAs and they did because they are fucking shills and wanted that Pre-Release "access", and in many cases apparently they weren't even allowed to play on their home PC but supposedly played a version streamed from CDPR's servers or something:
EouEbdjXYAE64qL
EouEbdjXUAI7MNB

They outright refused to let anyone review the console versions Pre-Release and because of that to date there are still just half a dozen "console reviews":
https://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/cyberpunk-2077
https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/cyberpunk-2077

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
he wanted to take a turn but the wall hadn't loaded yet lol

EDIT: the footage where it looks kinda ok is from the new next-gen xbox, he showcases both in the video

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
With CDPR becoming Ubithesda and Obsidian and Arkhane sucking the corporate cock of Microsoft, we will never have good RPG / Immersive Sims again. The genre is dead, the future is GaaS

Peripeteia, colloquially referred to by me as "Potato Ex" is looking good. Core Decay is also looking fine judging by the few minutes of video that's out.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
With CDPR becoming Ubithesda and Obsidian and Arkhane sucking the corporate cock of Microsoft, we will never have good RPG / Immersive Sims again. The genre is dead, the future is GaaS

Peripeteia, colloquially referred to by me as "Potato Ex" is looking good. Core Decay is also looking fine judging by the few minutes of video that's out.

Huh, never heard of these, thanks for the rec, internet peeps.

Although now that CP2077 is a gigantic flub, I should probably go back to crunching on my own games.

Druid Ardun

I've got the feeling that the devs presented the game to their corporate overlords as very progressive but trolled them big time.

Just a screenshot of tv news.
HlcE.png

As far as I have seen, the game presents the setting very well and does not glorify its degenerate aspects as the progressives and what not wanted to believe.

Disturbing filenames you can find on a computer.
H6qb.png

The game touches on very dark subjects sometimes. I am pleasantly surprised by the story and setting potrayal.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Hopefully we get something akin to the Witcher 3 Enhanced Edition mod.

Its gonna need it, the popamole itemization will drive me crazy.

I hate to praise Ubishag but the one good thing about Valhalla is the way they did the weapons. Doing something similar in Cyberpunk with a set roster of guns that you spend time upgrading/modding would have been massive incline. This diablo/looter shooter item system is disgusting. It was terrible in W3 and its terrible here.
Wait - it kept the W3 itemization scheme?

Uuugggggghhhh

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Maybe it's not CDPR that sucks maybe making your new shiny game that's heavy on newly released PC hardware run properly on shit peasant console tech is simply unfeasible.

Maybe we are finally seeing that multiplatform development just holds games back. No? Lol didn't think so either cry more normies.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If it doesn't run on PS4 or whatever, then they shouldn't release it on those systems and lie about it. Whatever you think of consoles that is some shady fucking stuff, especially considering everything else going on around it. Can't believe people are defending this anti-consumer/customer behavior.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Given how many years we've had to deal with shit console ports with gimped graphics, locked framerates, bad mouse support, etc. etc. I just have zero fucks to give that CDPR sold consoles out to dry.

That said, if you're going to release for a platform, you should probably check to see if it actually runs your game first.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom