Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Finally, finally got around to playing this, it's OK until I got to 'The Heist' part of the main quest: Jesus Christ it's like a 3 hour movie, it's cut scene hell. Any more of these in game movies?
Main story quests are like that but you just completed the longest "movie" section if you want less movie more gameplay do gigs now that you completed the heist you finished prologue and unlocked the whole city and alll the fixers.

Thanks. Looks like I'm done for a while because a new update broke mods I use so now it won't load.... I'm getting too old for this shit maybe I should just reinstall Morrowind lol

Perkel

Arcane
Thanks. Looks like I'm done for a while because a new update broke mods I use so now it won't load.... I'm getting too old for this shit maybe I should just reinstall Morrowind lol

Never buy anything you want to mod on steam. use GOG which has normal "don't update" game that works great if you use galaxy or just use their installers to manually patch.

Seriously fuck steam.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron

Never buy anything you want to mod on steam. use GOG which has normal "don't update" game that works great if you use galaxy or just use their installers to manually patch.

Seriously fuck steam.
you can 'dont update' on steam too

Perkel

Arcane

"don't update" in steam means it won't update automatically until you press play button which then updates game breaking your mods.
Valve removed ability to play not updated games few years ago.

Only way to play un-updated game is for developer to release separate branch you need to pick in betas

"don't update" in steam means it won't update automatically until you press play button which then updates game breaking your mods.
Valve removed ability to play not updated games few years ago.

Only way to play un-updated game is for developer to release separate branch you need to pick in betas

Right, these are the update options in Steam:

5cVC7Mq.png

Actually it's already fixed, the mods are working again. I guess that's a benefit of playing a game which is (still) popular.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
I'm probably alone in this opinion, but for me Cyberpunk 2077 music is noisy garbage.

Just as Night City's ugly, motley building facades have nothing to do with the aesthetics of the original game, its music, chopped up and then remixed dubstep and has nowhere near the charm of classic synth music.

There is no atmosphere. There is a scream.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I'm probably alone in this opinion, but for me Cyberpunk 2077 music is noisy garbage.

Just as Night City's ugly, motley building facades have nothing to do with the aesthetics of the original game, its music, chopped up and then remixed dubstep and has nowhere near the charm of classic synth music.

I would have said that when first playing the game, but I think actually the compositions are quite catchy, they grow on you. It may be cut up dubstep or whatever, but it's very well done for what it is.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

I would have said that when first playing the game, but I think actually the compositions are quite catchy, they grow on you. It may be cut up dubstep or whatever, but it's very well done for what it is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mere-exposure_effect

Guise, is there a mod to remove Johnny Silverhands / Keanu Reeves from the game? 'The Hollywood Schtick' breaks 'muh immersiun' it's just plain annoying (granted it could be worse: Tom Hanks could have been there)?

Or should I just speedrun the game, uninstall and move on to Baldur's Gate 3?

ind33d

Educated
Guise, is there a mod to remove Johnny Silverhands / Keanu Reeves from the game? 'The Hollywood Schtick' breaks 'muh immersiun' it's just plain annoying (granted it could be worse: Tom Hanks could have been there)?

I really think that a social justice consulting firm told Pondsmith to take out Silverhand and he got pissed off and made Johnny the main character instead

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

I think there are a few replacers that crop up now and then, e.g. this one just came out, and this. Haven't tried any of them. Whether they're usable will probably depend on how well the AI voice was done.

Cologno

Educated

Nah, it's mostly garbage, but I still give CDPR props for original lyrical hip hop and outright ripping off NiN for the game.

Aesthetically...yeah, I guess you have a point. Cyberpunk belongs in the 1980s and what was delivered was basically planet iPhone, that chincy plastic pos bendy budget "s" model they roll to the welfare herd after the mainline model debuts. Works, just think they missed a golden opportunity not going full 80s brutal aesthetic.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

"Code, Sweat, and Cheers: How we Made Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty" offers an exciting glimpse into the creation of Cyberpunk 2077's expansion. Join the CD PROJEKT RED team as they discuss overcoming challenges and achieving breakthroughs in game development. From coding complexities to artistic triumphs, this panel provides rare insights into how the expansion was made. Ideal for fans and aspiring developers, we hope you'll join us for an inspiring journey into the heart of Cyberpunk 2077's expansion.

Panelists:
Gabriel Amatangelo (he/him) [Game Director, Cyberpunk 2077 CD PROJEKT RED]
Sarah Gruemmer (she/her) [Acting Lead Quest Designer, CD PROJEKT RED]
Paweł Sasko (he/him) [Accociate Game Director, CD PROJEKT RED]
Igor Sarzynski (he/him) [Creative Director, CD PROJEKT RED]
Kacper Niepokólczycki (he/him) [Environment Art Director, CD PROJEKT RED]

La vie sexuelle

Learned

Nah, it's mostly garbage, but I still give CDPR props for original lyrical hip hop and outright ripping off NiN for the game.

Aesthetically...yeah, I guess you have a point. Cyberpunk belongs in the 1980s and what was delivered was basically planet iPhone, that chincy plastic pos bendy budget "s" model they roll to the welfare herd after the mainline model debuts. Works, just think they missed a golden opportunity not going full 80s brutal aesthetic.

I think GTA IV is much closer to concept of "modern dystopia" than Cyberpunk 2077. Probably because they started with an imitation of Blade Runner and then experimented chaotically, creating something neither retro nor contemporary.

ind33d

Educated

"Code, Sweat, and Cheers: How we Made Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty" offers an exciting glimpse into the creation of Cyberpunk 2077's expansion. Join the CD PROJEKT RED team as they discuss overcoming challenges and achieving breakthroughs in game development. From coding complexities to artistic triumphs, this panel provides rare insights into how the expansion was made. Ideal for fans and aspiring developers, we hope you'll join us for an inspiring journey into the heart of Cyberpunk 2077's expansion.

Panelists:
Gabriel Amatangelo (he/him) [Game Director, Cyberpunk 2077 CD PROJEKT RED]
Sarah Gruemmer (she/her) [Acting Lead Quest Designer, CD PROJEKT RED]
Paweł Sasko (he/him) [Accociate Game Director, CD PROJEKT RED]
Igor Sarzynski (he/him) [Creative Director, CD PROJEKT RED]
Kacper Niepokólczycki (he/him) [Environment Art Director, CD PROJEKT RED]

they have time to give their pronouns but not to add multiplayer.

:thisisfine:

installing this because i'm a masochist. i played 1.0 and hated it. is there some mandatory mod? i also want variety, skills and equipment must come outta the goddamn walls. most probably i'm going to play hacker again, don't know if street kid again too or try corpo. it's not like it changes anything, doesn't it?

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
installing this because i'm a masochist. i played 1.0 and hated it. is there some mandatory mod? i also want variety, skills and equipment must come outta the goddamn walls. most probably i'm going to play hacker again, don't know if street kid again too or try corpo. it's not like it changes anything, doesn't it?

To my recollection it's mostly just optional snippets of flavour text in conversations from the lifepaths, although some of them are entertaining enough, I think they have a C&C effect like once in a blue moon. There's more frequent reactivity in the dialogues with your attributes or skills (e.g. if you're high INT and an implied computer nerd, you might get a different, more nerdy way of finishing a quest), although it's still not as much as one would like.

There aren't really any mandatory mods any more, the devs pretty much incorporated many of the popular mod ideas anyway, so the game is good out of the box now (for what it is). But you can certainly tweak the gameplay (e.g. make it harder or whatever) with mods.

Hacking is still very powerful, but not quite as "hide in a corner and kill everyone with Contagion" powerful as it used to be. You can still play that kind of stealth hacker playstyle though, plus there are more action-oriented "script kiddie" hacker playstyles (Battle Mage styles, if you will) that synergize hacking with smart weapons and/or monowire, kind of suitable for Nomads and Streetkids. The various deck models are defined to fit the various feasible Hacker roles, and there are a fair amount of pre-defined synergies between some quickhacks (e.g. a damage quickhack immediately after a control quickhack will have higher damage, that sort of thing). There's also a kind of Blood Magic type of thing (Overclock) that takes health and gives more quickhack impact.

cruel

Cipher
So, is this game finally worth playing after 3.5 years? Should I play it?

Few questions I would be happy to get answers for:
- is this playable without doing any shooting? I'm not talking about non-lethal playthrough, but maybe pure melee build, is it feasible? I hate shooting in games.
- any memorable moments the game offers? Stuff that makes you think about the game after you're done?
- are characters well written?
- how is side quest quality?
- how woke it is?
- can I play regular 2.0 and skip Phantom Liberty altogether, or would I be missing something important?

Thanks in advance.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom