Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Chris Avellone wins settlement after lawsuit over sexual assault accusations

Latro

Arcane
Is there some evidence/statement regarding the fact that they are paying him and not vice versa?

It is so vague some people are no doubt gonna get the wrong idea (he pays them in exchange for the statement!)
According to a source who asked him in private, they are paying him.
20 dollars a month…think of all the burgers mca could buy

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'd rather both women go to jail and the movement be exposed for what it is. But MCA probably won't win the battle at all. 7 figures sound nice for a person who just wants to retire I guess. Without much media exposure, he will never be back in the industry and even winning and getting both bitch to jail would probably get him canceled even more considering modern libtard.

I honestly doubt that he will ever work on high profile projects again under his name but hopefully some AA can pick him up. Owlcat statement about him was fairly neutral IIRC and they are in sore need of a good writer and editor comparing KM vs Wrath. I just hope his delusion on "procedurally generated content" shit passed.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
The mental image of those lying bitches flipping burgers at Mcdonalds for the rest of their lives to pay MCA 1 millon dollas will make me sleep like a baby tonight

:love::mca::love:

Dadd

Learned
I'd rather both women go to jail and the movement be exposed for what it is. But MCA probably won't win the battle at all. 7 figures sound nice for a person who just wants to retire I guess. Without much media exposure, he will never be back in the industry and even winning and getting both bitch to jail would probably get him canceled even more considering modern libtard.

I honestly doubt that he will ever work on high profile projects again under his name but hopefully some AA can pick him up. Owlcat statement about him was fairly neutral IIRC and they are in sore need of a good writer and editor comparing KM vs Wrath. I just hope his delusion on "procedurally generated content" shit passed.
He should go work for a Chinese company

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron

He should go work for a Chinese company

Most mainland Chinese probably don't even know who he is, CRPG is not big genre in China, JRPG is. His talent is probably wasted unless it just happens to be Chinese invested western studio hiring him

jungl

Augur
It is amusing that end of the day there is no getting these people to truly apologize even with the monthly payments for the rest of their lives. The mental gymnastics "teehee okay he didn't rape us but the accusation were okay alright!?!?".

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
It is amusing that end of the day there is no getting these people to truly apologize even with the monthly payments for the rest of their lives. The mental gymnastics "teehee okay he didn't rape us but the accusation were okay alright!?!?".

Yeah, some Medium statement bullshit is not enough. Avellone should've pushed for these bitch to make statement to all mainstream gaming media and cleanse his name.

Duraframe300

Arcane

Yeah, some Medium statement bullshit is not enough. Avellone should've pushed for these bitch to make statement to all mainstream gaming media and cleanse his name.
That wouldn't have cleansed his name one bit. Have you missed the entirety of SJW world?

Them officially and in written form retracting their statements is probably the biggest thing he could have gotten out of this. Now he has something in hand to use when confronted for work or in his social life.

Dadd

Learned
We are passionate about the safety, security and agency of women, minorities, LGBTQIA+ persons, and every other community that has seen persecution in the video game industry.
What does this part have to do with them lying and destroying his career?

Camel

Scholar
Justice has been served. The US courts are incredibly biased towards women/accusers in sexual assault/harassment cases and the Avellone win is comprehensive with retractions by Karissa Barrows and Kelly Bristol, and a seven-figure payment to Avellone.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Where was this mentioned?
He wrote a medium post about it:
https://chrisavellone.medium.com/what-the-fuck-happened-to-bloodlines-2-1ad557bf2284
To explain my contract: I worked on Bloodlines 2 for almost 2 and a half years, from 2016 to mid-2018, then my contract came to an end. They didn’t use anything I wrote during that time, which was a number of major characters and side missions, check my LinkedIn. This made me sad, but it’s not my choice. The whole experience was like the last five minutes of Barton Fink (not the beach scene, the scene before it, know-it-all), but stretched out over 2 and a half years. Even if I had known all that work was useless, I’d have written anyway, even though its part of your life you don’t get back, so you can’t really dwell on it too much. I’ve been on projects where a LOT more got thrown away… as Bloodlines 2 proved for almost everyone on it in the end, apparently.

On his linkedin he's pretty smug about how he wrote everything to spec ("Contract completed in 2018 when content delivered according to spec, approvals, and under budget.") so it came down to Brian's personal preference for not having any kind of Avellonian writing in his game.

J1M

Arcane
We are passionate about the safety, security and agency of women, minorities, LGBTQIA+ persons, and every other community that has seen persecution in the video game industry.
What does this part have to do with them lying and destroying his career?
"It's not our fault, we just got caught up in a cult and enjoyed using it as cover to bully people."

Vatnik Wumao
On his linkedin he's pretty smug about how he wrote everything to spec ("Contract completed in 2018 when content delivered according to spec, approvals, and under budget.") so it came down to Brian's personal preference for not having any kind of Avellonian writing in his game.
Could there have been some bad blood between the two of them? I find it weird that Mitsoda didn't like *anything* of what MCA wrote (and given the timespan, I'm sure that Mitsoda or someone else could've given Avellone some feedback as for him not to pointlessly write stuff that they wouldn't want to implement).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom