Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Codex Server Upgrade Drive

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Good luck with your thing. I fully support your endeavor.

Not financially, obviously.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Btw DarkUnderlord you seriously need to add more payment options, for our convenience and your future. Coz we all know it's only a matter of time before PayPal declares Codex a far-right gamer militia and stop servicing us. All the other cool nazis already have Revolut, Paysafecard, crypto etc.

This isn't just FUD. We need a way to donate with crypto.

Sadly, we can't pay the server bills with crypto.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, no, but you can convert crypto to fiat currency and then pay with that. Which is what most people accepting crypto for payment do anyway (not too many stores, etc. support paying with crypto directly).

That conversion is obviously another step on top of everything, and I don't know how many people would actually want to pay with it and who's just memeing around.
But don't claim things aren't possible ;)

Honestly, the "another step on top" would be enough of a reason to not accept it, IMO.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
anyone who donates over $100
giphy.gif

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Well, no, but you can convert crypto to fiat currency and then pay with that. Which is what most people accepting crypto for payment do anyway (not too many stores, etc. support paying with crypto directly).

That conversion is obviously another step on top of everything, and I don't know how many people would actually want to pay with it and who's just memeing around.
But don't claim things aren't possible ;)

Honestly, the "another step on top" would be enough of a reason to not accept it, IMO.

Yea, it wouldn't be an issue if PayPal worked with crypto, they shaft you on any exchange rate anyway so crypto wouldn't be any different. But AFAIK PayPal only recently started working with crypto and only in a few select countries so far. I know it's not supported in my PayPal account, don't know about DU's.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

Mortmal

Arcane
At 100$ a t-shirt , at 1000$ infinitron's holy foreskin....Not sure it will works.

May I make a suggestion on how to DRAMATICALLY increase the donation amount? Anyone who donates $100 or multiples of $100 gets to select Crispy 's profile phrase and avatar for 1 week per each $100 donated, with the catch (to be fair to our dear Crispy) that the selected cannot be anything really bad (ie no pr0n, no curse words, nothing to get him in real trouble), just funny/somewhat reasonably insulting shit to be screened for propriety by DU/Infinitron/etc.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
Physical Codex goodies are what I live for, as long as they're concealable enough that nobody I meet in real life can find out I post here. Hey, DU, if I give you some money can I have my Dumbfuck tag removed, or preferably reassigned to somebody more deserving?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

What's wrong with credit/debit cards or various 3rd party stuff? I'd donate in a heartbeat but I scrapped my PayPal account, their shenanigans accumulated over the years. I don't usually go and boycott companies for every small fart but my patience with PayPal ran out long ago. Fucking lizardmen can go on building their new woke order but without me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom