Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Colony Ship Early Access Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Jinn

Arcane
You cannot truly play until it's done. From the wise words of a certain man: Stop it, get some help.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
It means the crit multiplier bonus is halved. If it is 45%(22.5%*2) before mitigation, it is working.
I don't know what it was before mitigation, but it is possible.
Don't tell me you believe the feat can make crit hurt less than a normal hit.
The feat text is "Enemy's critical damage is halved". This is slightly ambiguous since it doesn't specify if the halving happens before or after DR, but either way it would be a massive reduction in damage taken. The feat very explicitly does not say "Enemy's critical damage multiplier is reduced according to: new = (original+1)/2"* which is what you are saying it does. This is a very small reduction for most enemies.

*The enemy's critical damage bonus is halved ?
I need to stop coming to this thread; This is what recovering drug addicts must feel like, the brain going "Hey man, you can just make a character, it will be fine...you know, just one...maybe play a little of the first act...just a little, right? like, one or two level-ups never hurt anyone.....right?"
NO GODDAMNIT NO
Tell me about it. I got stuck on the heart fight with my techpriest, so decided to take a short break by rolling a stealth character... now I'm almost to the habitat with it. Game is really addictive. Only thing that annoys me is running around all the starting areas to pick up the free skill boosts and do all the easy skill checks.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I need to stop coming to this thread; This is what recovering drug addicts must feel like, the brain going "Hey man, you can just make a character, it will be fine...you know, just one...maybe play a little of the first act...just a little, right? like, one or two level-ups never hurt anyone.....right?"
NO GODDAMNIT NO

I'm not even downloading the EA because I'll just do the same thing.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I wish there were a way to favorite items in the inventory so they always show up on top, and that the inventory had a scroll bar instead of needing to use mouse wheel. Don't tell me to stop hoarding stuff, you never know when you'll need an armor with relative -1 ballistic but +2 melee or need to outfit a companion.

Reached current end of content (-2 fights, the one at the end of hydroponics red and the fight where I betray the fleshbags to the monks) with techpriest character.
A112E7910D67D07B7A674CB6635A8800E423755E
AC9EB2794D3E05AF9832ECB30AADD394FAD3B6B8
Bit sad that I didn't reach computer 10 for the bestest armor set. I guess I missed too many checks (no idea where, except for the spy mission in protectorate hub). Also had to skip ol bub because I stood no chance against it without romeo. I also can't do final fight in hydro red, I squandered all my stasis bombs on earlier fights. I think if I had one I could probably do it but maybe not, it is a really hard fight and all the enemies have massive armor pen.

A bit disappointed by lategame bionics stuff. +6 init for 9 and +20% combat skill gain (but either it wasn't retroactive or 20% wasn't enough to level anything) wasn't very impactful.

The build was pretty strong and fun though, once past the early game. Once the burst fire became operational it started doing pretty good damage, but the lack of an energy rifle with burst fire holds it back a bit (2 shots with energy rifle mostly can't compete with 5 round burst from AR). The build also wastes a lot of SP on armor skill, no armor has penalties above 30 so 41 handling is complete overkill. Not sure how to solve except maybe I could have used evasion gadget instead of shield gadget for some fights? Lone wolf was also an added challenge, I think it would have been better to recruit faythe or evans, especially since it would have allowed for lockpick tag and thus early energy rifle.

---------------------
I also did a mostly combatless thief run (no combat = super fast to play when you know where things are)
83E59D5BDC4BF925BEC5CA5BE701ADF65728855E

Not as much to say about this one. I picked up overloaded squad implant and personal magnetism to try and shore up combat suckyness in act 3. Had a really hard time in act 2 since I didn't bring any pit companions with me (big mistake, but sometimes you don't wanna share xp). The church required more speech to join than I had, and both protector and brotherhood require beating fairly hard fights to join. Could have easily been a run ender, but as it was I spent like 6 high end grenades to beat the storm fight which let me get through it.

I think at least one of the factions should have a way to gain access to their fuhrer by passing some sneak challenge to prevent full thieves from getting stuck.

Garret has crazy high damage output, kinda wanna try a similar build on a PC at some point. I was gonna use the officers pistol on the pc, but in the end he used it for every fight instead. Harbinger was a lot less useful in combat than I anticipated. Energy rifle just doesn't have the dps to compete when she's also so squishy.
Getting all of sneak tag, fast runner and tunnel runner was complete overkill, didn't even need cloaking device for most sneak encounters. Sneaking is kinda weird, I feel it doesn't reward investment so much. Everyone can get 1 turn of undetectability with cloaking device, which is enough for pretty much every pure stealth encounter as long as you have decent dex. But even when you invest maximally in it you probably still won't be able to fully clear "mixed stealth" encounters like fort mercy and outskirts gang with pure stealth.

I failed through a lot of speech encounters on this character (it's a way to fail quests without dying, very useful!), but it made me suspect you could beat basically every speech encounter with(out) a single tag as long as you have a decent disposition bonus.

Lone wolf with speech skills might be a fun thing to try in the future.

Sòren

Arcane
any chance to add the companion boni (content, inspired etc.) for already existing playthroughs/recruited companions? or are they already active, but just not shown in their feat list? right now it looks like only new recruits get them.

TheDarkUrge

Educated
I hope this releases soon I need to wash the taste of Larian out of my mouth, age of decadence was such a good RPG with actual branching storylines. Hoping it sells more copies from people looking for new games tagged with CRPG on steam. Releasing soon would be pretty smart.

Also is there a way to filter anyone with the "vatnik" badge on their profile, their posts are always bad and off-topic.

Akachi

Educated
Why is this in the RPG section and not Space Games? "If it's set in space, it over-rules all other factors because Space > All", therefore this is in the wrong section. I look forward to playing this space game, but it's confusing it's in the RPG section.

Modron

Arcane
Why is this in the RPG section and not Space Games? "If it's set in space, it over-rules all other factors because Space > All", therefore this is in the wrong section. I look forward to playing this space game, but it's confusing it's in the RPG section.
For your next assignment I need you to dig through general gaming for all the space threads that were unceremoniously dumped there when space, strategy, and simulation was scoured like a polish ghetto with the promise that we would like what was to come.

Zednick

Educated
So, I just picked this up. Am I right to think that saves now will not carry over to the final version and that I should just wait until the full release to start a playthrough?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
So, I just picked this up. Am I right to think that saves now will not carry over to the final version and that I should just wait until the full release to start a playthrough?
So far you've been able to keep playing on old saves when there's new content. System/balance changes might impact your build though.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Because there's no more space there.

Mauman

Learned
So far you've been able to keep playing on old saves when there's new content. System/balance changes might impact your build though.
I'm still bitter about how my Constitution character was utterly ruined :argh:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
I really wish the steam forums weren't so poor. You can see topics that have gotten posts since you last looked, but there doesn't seem to be a way to skip to first unread post.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom