Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Colony Ship RELEASE THREAD

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
At least he's not mincing words.

MjKorz

Educated
what went wrong
With the game? Nothing: I played it on launch and it was amazing from start to finish with my only complaint being not enough Habitat major faction content (which has been at least partially fixed as of now and will probably be fixed even more in the future).

Tenebris

Scholar
Vince I believe also mentioned that they aren't going to do a Dungeon Rats styled game either as that game didn't do very well.

Last edited:

xuerebx

Erudite
Sad to see another game by ITS may never happen :( I've been a supporter since the early days...

Anyway, happy to have made it to Chapter 2 completing some of the tougher fights on my first current playthrough. Not sure which was the toughest, but the 3 mindworms + frogs + psychic frog fight took me around 10 tries till I learned a good strategy. (EDIT: woo survived the ambush in Ch2 on the first try :D) I am hoarding 3 energy weapons (but no ammo) and what seem to be good helmets for future use - not sure if they will ever become useful though.

Finding it hard to choose which feats to go for, so I also end up hoarding feats. Is tagging another skill worth it to use as a feat?

And finally - is it normal to play with negative armour handling at least up to where I am now (just started Chapter 2)? I mean it's either that or wear nearly nothing - perhaps tagging the armour skill might help alleviate this.

I think my only small gripe so far was that I felt the battle for the Pit was introduced too abruptly? Within just a couple of hours of play I had to make that decision as I randomly chose the quests which led me there. I stopped to actually start exploring all the other areas, but I had already sided against Jonas at that couple-hour mark (the final battle was awaiting me).

Last edited:
Sad to see another game by ITS may never happen :( I've been a supporter since the early days...

Anyway, happy to have made it to Chapter 2 completing some of the tougher fights on my first current playthrough. Not sure which was the toughest, but the 3 mindworms + frogs + psychic frog fight took me around 10 tries till I learned a good strategy. (EDIT: woo survived the ambush in Ch2 on the first try :D) I am hoarding 3 energy weapons (but no ammo) and what seem to be good helmets for future use - not sure if they will ever become useful though.

Finding it hard to choose which feats to go for, so I also end up hoarding feats. Is tagging another skill worth it to use as a feat?

And finally - is it normal to play with negative armour handling at least up to where I am now (just started Chapter 2)? I mean it's either that or wear nearly nothing - perhaps tagging the armour skill might help alleviate this.

I think my only small gripe so far was that I felt the battle for the Pit was introduced too abruptly? Within just a couple of hours of play I had to make that decision as I randomly chose the quests which led me there. I stopped to actually start exploring all the other areas, but I had already sided against Jonas at that couple-hour mark (the final battle was awaiting me).

I'm also on Ch.2. The mindworm + frogs fight was pretty tough, but manageable if you're willing to spend premium items like energy cells, disruptor or stasis grenades. I'm finding this is more a game of economy than tactics, perhaps even more than AoD. Good positioning is not as important as using the correct item at the right time, usually in the first round. Having at least one guy with super high initiative is a must.

I hope you're not going solo, though.

I wouldn't recommend hoarding feats, they're a substantial power up in my experience.

The Jonas quest, if you played AoD you should've known that you leave important stuff for last. It's all about hoarding as many skill points/items until you're forced to make an irreversible decision. But I don't think it matters much anyway.

Has there been any news if the sequel is happening
jnzu4y.png

He was too proud to chase the Sseth review by putting some cannibalism and organ trafficking in his implant harvesting simulator. Give the kids what they want.

Technomancer

Liturgist
They could encourage this "Christmas miracle" by finishing off the second half of the game properly.
What content do you think is missing? Monk? Habitat major factions?
Game could really benefit from The Breach area that never developed past idea stage and one concept art piece.
unknown.png

It was a text heavy ruined exploration area with open space sections where you would need to use space suit. Think Antidas palace but more involved and complex. Exploring it in early-mid-late game would be a nice distraction because it feels like there are not enough side areas. But no way in hell an undertaking of this magnitude was possible with their resources. I also always wanted a monk playable ending. Where MC would get converted into borg to replace Azrael as their terminator, naturally facing impossible odds, perhaps to reach some bombastic combat ending where you would die in a blase of glory (or not if you are really that good). Like say other factions joining together in a temporary alliance to collapse a whole sector of the ship to get rid of you and break ECLESS.

Last edited:

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Monks are already too big a part of the ending, they should be scaled down if anything, as they currently take up the entire ending and undo previous choices...

Also, lock the bridge behind getting the bridge officer chip.
Though I won't say more as thread is being read by people halfway through the game.

Yes, but not like a ton. -5 or something is totally normal I think. Having more negative armor handling will also lead to you getting hit more, and learn more armor than evasion, though usually it won't matter a lot.

thesecret1

Arcane
What content do you think is missing?
Everything past Chapter 1 has poor exploration and few to none side areas. Factory is pretty much just a straight corridor with about 3 minor branches to a very small amount of side content. Habitat is straight up boring as shit with virtually nothing interesting to find. Maintenance area is better, but could use more content as well. The Heart suffers from the same issues. Hydroponics yellow and red are virtually just straight corridors.

Overall, Chapter 1 does justice to what's being hyped up and inspired wonder. Everything past it fails to live up to the hype. You hear so much stuff about the Factory, for example, about how it manufactured everything for the ship, how it's not a warred-over wasteland, how the rebellion started there, etc. and then find out it's a small area where you can't explore almost anything, and where, really, there isn't anything of particular interest. Or consider the Hydroponics yellow and red – hyped up the whole game as this terrible hostile place that couldn't be reclaimed because it's just so deadly, untouched since the times of the rebellion.... and it's two relatively small areas where you take out a couple trashmobs, and where there's little to find. Sad.

The game was at its absolute best in mission control, with shitloads of stuff to discover and explore, with it constantly tickling your imagination with new things to wonder at, and with fun level design as you make your way between the decks and back up again to find hidden areas. More of that and less of whatever the fuck Habitat is, please!

xuerebx

Erudite

The Jonas quest, if you played AoD you should've known that you leave important stuff for last. It's all about hoarding as many skill points/items until you're forced to make an irreversible decision. But I don't think it matters much anyway.
Yeah you're right, but I last played it November 2015 so it's been a while :D
Monks are already too big a part of the ending, they should be scaled down if anything, as they currently take up the entire ending and undo previous choices...

Also, lock the bridge behind getting the bridge officer chip.
Though I won't say more as thread is being read by people halfway through the game.

Yes, but not like a ton. -5 or something is totally normal I think. Having more negative armor handling will also lead to you getting hit more, and learn more armor than evasion, though usually it won't matter a lot.
Ouch, I've been playing with -15 to -17 lol. Don't know how I managed to win so many fights :D I'll have to use poorer equipment to bring it down though, argh!

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Well, I wouldn't run with that much at least, seems like a big hit to your evasion, and you should be able to find gear that can provide similar protection for just a few DRs less.
But I mean, it also depends on what you're fighting. No shame in swapping armor to fit the situation. Riot gear vs frogs and such.

And if it's working for you as it is, no reason to switch just because the numbers look red I guess

xuerebx

Erudite
Well, I wouldn't run with that much at least, seems like a big hit to your evasion, and you should be able to find gear that can provide similar protection for just a few DRs less.
But I mean, it also depends on what you're fighting. No shame in swapping armor to fit the situation. Riot gear vs frogs and such.

And if it's working for you as it is, no reason to switch just because the numbers look red I guess
Yeah I guess it is situational, but thanks for the pointer anyway. I had to reduce the penalty to be able to take out the enemies (turrets and soldiers) for the Protectors.

Technomancer

Liturgist
That's a pretty neat idea. Did you ever communicate it to Vince?
Yeah, long ago. And a few more times over the years. But he shot it down even when things were not that grim, like four years ago or so. He said it would be narratively cool (idea where you surrender much of your player agency and become part of networked cybernetic gestalt collective where whims of individuals are not as important as the will of the whole, which is a cool twist because Iron Tower protags usually end up as extremely selfish grifters and mercs) but it would also be hell to balance and design. Not to mention extra time which they never had. So even if they did it, it would end like AoD's godhood ending where your exploits as OP combat borg remain behind the scenes. Where I wanted it to be playable power fantasy path.

roshan

Arcane
So what's the overall verdict on Colony Ship? Doesn't seem like there's a lot of positive sentiment over the past few pages.

I feel like Iron Tower would have been a lot better off making 2D isometric games. I think making something 3D look decent takes a lot more effort and probably took up so much of their time that could have been spent on other things.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom