Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Colony Ship RELEASE THREAD

Steezus

Savant
Patron
So I think I just invented time travel. Went ahead and started playing 1.0 and when I stopped after a few minutes it was 6 hours later.

Shit's fun.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Vault Dweller
- Please add 120 and 144 FPS caps as well.
- Make the extra mouse buttons bindable. I tend to use those very frequently, binding them to inventory and the like.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
So how is the game? Did the authism escalated with time or did remain on the same rational level of the early early access days ?

std::namespace

rng build
JhiNJHw.png

(should have went 10 cha and 8 int, 3 tags are enough and 10 cha will probably have a better interaction ingame)

man_at_arms

Literate
I will definitely be playing this weekend. Loved Age of Decadence's replayability and reactivity (of the choose-your-own-adventure style but interesting nonetheless).

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Ahhh fuck it,just made a few hundreds of evro,will just buy the game. Vault Dweller if you scam me i will send albanians to your place :lol:

Also lol,gog are retarded. They don't rerelease early access games when they go out of it and games that people could be interested in ended up on the last page.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I'm playing on hard or whatever and finding combat much easier than AOD. A real night and day difference, I'm running a very unoptimized combat build and haven't gotten my ass handed to me.

The miss rates at close distances are ridiculous though. Five guys in a small room all missing each other with rifles and shotguns...

Are they trying to read the font size in this game? :-D

Jinn

Arcane
I'm playing on hard or whatever and finding combat much easier than AOD.
Yeah, it's much more manageable, especially if you're rolling with companions. I would imagine there's a little more gradual difficulty curve being applied here. I'm happy it's not as insanely lethal as AoD's combat was, but I do honestly think things could be a little more challenging in the beginning than they are. I've only party-wiped in, I think, 2 of the 8-9 encounters I've been in so far, and those were right at the beginning when I didn't have much of anything equipped. Still having a blast so far though. About 4-5 hours in.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Is it me or the enemies seems to rarely miss, no matter where I am, behind cover or on the fucking moon, 95% of the time they seem to hit, which to me is kinda bullshit, especially when i have an uber skilled shootgunner injected with all juices, missing his ass off point blank xcom style.
The same I can say when enemies use burst attack and I'm behind cover and all the fucking shots hit way too fucking often.
So i went of my way to make a juiced up tank build with high evasion and it doesnt seem to make that much of a difference, even in cover I get hit way too often.

Enemies just don't seem to get that much of an accuracy penalty when using skills or when you are behind cover.

Technomancer

Liturgist
Is it me or the enemies seems to rarely miss, no matter where I am, behind cover or on th
What's your evasion? Stacking evasion and gadget is prime way to make yourself hard to hit. If you literally play tank build donning heavy armor without massive STR and armor skill to compensate, you will eat a ton of evasion penalties making yourself easy to hit even behind cover.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Is it me or the enemies seems to rarely miss, no matter where I am, behind cover or on the fucking moon, 95% of the time they seem to hit, which to me is kinda bullshit, especially when i have an uber skilled shootgunner injected with all juices, missing his ass off point blank xcom style.
The combat log will show the details. Afaik no enemies have haxxor stat/skill distributions (like having 15 per ever or 8 rifle skill at the start of the game). Your evasion might be shit.

jackofshadows

Magister
So combat and non-combat skills have different learning curves now (non-combat ones have much more steep curve). For example, electronics requires 700 LP for level 5 while for evasion that would be only 80. But the learning token gives 200 to any skill no matter the category. And there's skill monkey perk which boosts learning rate up to 35% for non-combat ones. There was also some other way afaik. So tagging a non-combat skill has much more value. What a fucking mess.

edit: fake news

Last edited:

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
So combat and non-combat skills have different learning curves now (non-combat ones have much more steep curve). For example, electronics requires 700 LP for level 5 while for evasion that would be only 80. But the learning token gives 200 to any skill no matter the category. And there's skill monkey perk which boosts learning rate up to 35% for non-combat ones. There was also some other way afaik. So tagging a non-combat skill has much more value. What a fucking mess.
yeaaah... it seems like waiting for some balance patches proved to be not such a bad idea.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Vault Dweller
- Please add 120 and 144 FPS caps as well.
- Make the extra mouse buttons bindable. I tend to use those very frequently, binding them to inventory and the like.
In-game fps cap is usually trash. You should always use something like Rivatuner to cap your fps instead.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom