Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

ChildInTime

Learned
I need to know if that's a tranny or not because I need to "EMPTY MY RESERVES" let's just say, heh heh heh...

You know... "let out some stress" heh heh heh....

The old "shoot to the sky" hahahahaha...

Basically I'm going to jerk off.
https://www.instagram.com/irine_meier/

Go wild.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
That absolutely massive amount of crazy bugs though wow.
Imagine how bad this was before all the delays. I guess it will probably be playable in a few years. Also maybe we can then have a button to switch between walk and run (as per usual kb&m a complete afterthought, iirc yongyea couldnt found a setting for that).
What did they say again, they needed the extra time because we can only make a first impression once.
I guess that plan failed.

Yosharian

Arcane
  • The incorporation of different cultures and backgrounds is wildly inconsistent, from good to inaccurate to downright offensive
Reviewed By Kallie Plagge

Triggered white female. Who would have guessed.
Try watching the GameSpot video review on YT, it's cringe as fuck. Apparently she complains about the side content after saying that she didn't play the side content because she didn't want to play the side content...

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
The reviews have proven that this is another CDPR triumph by dint of their noble Polish lineage!

Jinn

Arcane
Try watching the GameSpot video review on YT, it's cringe as fuck. Apparently she complains about the side content after saying that she didn't play the side content because she didn't want to play the side content...

Probably playing on storymode. She also complained a lot about how the ending made her "sad." And that it was too depressing that the happy-go-lucky V she had created in her mind ended up with a sad ending.

Good fucking god. You're not reviewing Animal Crossing anymore, lady. Why would they choose her of all people to review this? It was the first review I checked out because it was one of the ones with a lower score - figured it'd have some level-headed criticisms - but little did I know that it'd make me want to play the game even more after reading it.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
vU2teMV.png

Sequence in question starts at 1:30.

I have very little sympathy with idiots who test unreleased games for press while being epileptic. If this is in the final game without a warning, sure be offended. But becoming a games journo as an epileptic while playing unfinished cyberpunk shovelware from Poland sounds like natural selection with extra steps.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Let him have it, there are few feelings on this Earth that can compete with vindication.
Meh, I've decided to pardon everyone's retardation and only give out positive ratings for the next few days.

There was a substantial portion of posters parroting "GTA clone, action adventure game", who now have their tails between their legs, but now suddenly "it was so obvious it was Witcher with guns" :lol:

Last edited:

Doktor Best

Arcane
3rd from the left second row and 3d from the right third row are pretty cute.

Hands off, pal. Those are my work wives you're lusting after there.
What if I trade you this one for one of yours?

Qj182c2.jpg

What's the catch?

IS THAT A PENIS I SEE?

She's got an ugly innie bellybutton

That comment was masterfully fedorian. Well done sir.

Slaver1

Savant
  • The incorporation of different cultures and backgrounds is wildly inconsistent, from good to inaccurate to downright offensive
Reviewed By Kallie Plagge

Triggered white female. Who would have guessed.
When someones voice counts much more than anyone elses and they have power to designate "official scores"; and they aren't held to a fair objective standard regarding ratings; it's nothing but robbery.

purupuru

Learned
IGN japan https://jp.ign.com/cyberpunk-2077/48777/review/20202077
正直なところ、数あるオープン・ワールドのゲームのうち、ここまで世界観にどっぷりと浸ることができたゲームは、十年以上前、少年のころプレイした『Fallout 3』以来だ。
Honestly, of all the open-world games I've played, the last time I was able to immerse this much into its world was when I played Fallout 3 as a teenager more than 10 years ago.
:prosper:

正直なところ、数あるオープン・ワールドのゲームのうち、ここまで世界観にどっぷりと浸ることができたゲームは、十年以上前、少年のころプレイした『Fallout 3』以来だ。
Honestly, of all the open-world games I've played, the last time I was able to immerse this much into its world was when I played Fallout 3 as a teenager more than 10 years ago.
Time to revoke the honorary Aryan status from the slant eyed island monkeys.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

It's Japan. You can't expect them to understand RPGs.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron

How is that even possible...?

Harthwain

Magister
Also isn't the whole concept of augmentations a glorification of ableism ?
More like the reverse of ableism - since augmentations make you stronger/better (meaning people are willing to cut off their perfectly fine body parts and replace them with machine parts. And not just for practical purposes, but for stuff like pure fashion). It even goes to the point where severly augmented people call non-augumented people "meatbags" (and treat them in a manner similar to that of HK-47 from KotOR).

I wasn't too impressed by Witcher's quest design.
Their main strength was that they were unique[ly written], not that they were well designed. Although some had interesting post-quest outcomes you weren't told about straight to your face, which was a nice touch.

There's a lot of (female) journos and influencers mad because the game sexualizes a lot of more women than men, and I don't get it.

[...]

The future does not mean getting better for the mere fact of being the future. As Mike Pondsmith said, "Cyberpunk is a warning, not an aspiration."
It's simple, really: some people want a fantasy wish-fulfillment. As you yourself have said - Cyberpunk is not that. It's a preview of a grim darkness of the not-so-far future, cranked up to maximum. So beware.

Perkel

Arcane
Heads must be letting steam out of their ears due to reviews fiasco.

unknown.png

"WE WUS BE ROCKSTAR AND WE EDED UP WARHORSE"

- they knew it was so buggy that they didn't allow any footage in reviews not from B-roll (aka official trailers)
- reviewers had to stream game from their offices only PC version because they knew base consoles have huge issues
- embargo on own footage lifts day before release
- they probably lost 5-6 points in meta because of above fuckup removing their game from "legendary" status and probably from most of GOTY awards.
- probably lost good 10mln sales if not more considering this was supposed to be their GTA level shot. Thjey will still sell a lot but not GTA level "lot"

unknown.png

unknown.png

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom