Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DA2 has leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonfk

Erudite
Volourn said:
She's too young for me.

Well I certainly didn't expect that kind of reply :salute:

racofer

Thread Incliner
dragonfk said:
Jools said:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/141/index/6360056

It's sad how I'm the only girl in school who's excited about Dragon Age II. I pre-ordered it last year and I'm going to pick it up on Tuesday, which is the 8th here. I just got 4000 microsoft points as a part of early birthday gift, so if there's going to be tons of DLC... bring it on! haha.

I didn't like the gameplay and combat of DA origins maybe it was because I was to the simplified structure of Mass Effect but ever since I tried the demo of DA II, it was like having the best of both worlds. I wish there was another girl I could talk to, to share my enthusiasam with.

We should introduce her to Volourn.

Not really. There are better alternatives.

hta1c8.jpg

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Volourn said:
"Obsidian: Hey, look at this friend/rival thing we did in Alpha Protocol.
Bioware: Excellent, we will steal it and claim that we invented this new friend/rival system (tm)!"

1. Obsidian didn't create the friend/rival system. Dumbass.

2. Obsdiian steals a lot more from BIO than BIO ever has 'stolen' from Obsidian. Hell, AP's dialogue wheel is stolen from ME. So, is that game's combat, story structure, and everythuing else. Too bad, Obsidian dumbed everything down and made it shit.

They should stick to MOTb since that was actually awesome unlike AP.
1. Obsidian did create the friend/rival system. Look, here's the timeline for you, Voltorb: Bioware creates the invisible approval system, Obsidian creates the visible approval system, Bioware adapts to Obsidian's visible approval system, Obsidian creates the friend/rival system (aka negative approval gives you this perk, positive approval gives you that perk), Bioware adapts to Obsidian's design.

2. Let's break this particular section down into letters, A to E.

A: Alpha Protocol doesn't have a dialogue wheel. It really doesn't have the same structure. Whereas in Mass Effect you have upper left, upper right, up, down right, left, down right, down left, in Alpha Protocol you really only have up, down, left, right. You also don't control it like a wheel. It would be far more accurate to call it "arrow keys". I can see the similarities but you're not going to make me back down from nitpicking you to death with a shovel.

B: Furthermore, AP's dialogue system is extremely revised from Bioware's original design. Bioware created the wheel in an attempt to make the dialogue scenes more cinematic. The idea is that dialogue should flow natural, no interruptions and no "choppiness". They failed. Alpha Protocol succeeded. With a small timer popping up just in time as the NPC is finishing his talking for the player to make a decision before the time runs out and the scene continues. That is how you create cinematic dialogue. Unfortunately, the dialogue arrow keys confused some people. I have no interest in tearing them a new urination entry right now however so we'll leave that.

C. Alpha Protocol's combat is stolen from Mass Effect and Mass Effect's combat is stolen from Gears of War which could just as well be said to have stolen their combat from Dead to Rights or whatever. You can't steal "genres", Big V. "Cover shooters" are a "genre". And "bunny ears" are "fantastic". Easily the best invention since grunge music forced Bon Jovi into hiding.

D. Story structure. This is your one lonely point. I see no reason why you shouldn't have at least some happiness in your otherwise extremely tactless life. Yes, there are star map hunting in AP. To be fair though, what does it matter if Obsidian do it one time? Can't you share?

E. for Everything else. I couldn't have planned it better. This is simply wrong. Surely you don't intend to argue that skill trees didn't exist before Bioware, Volley? Or that dress-up mechanics haven't been around since you got your first Prime Time Emmy Awards Barbie doll, Urnie? I refuse to bring up the idea of using weapons to dispose of enemies as something unique to Bioware. Minigames I'm pretty sure were introduced some time around the french revolution. Look at that, a reference. Ingenious!

Now, don't make me get out my F.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
FaChoi said:
My thumb feels rage- I though you guys said this was a press x to win game. I've pressed x about 1000 million times so far and it's still not over, fuckkin tekken has less button bashing

Is it as bad as the demo? How would you compare it with the first DA?

FaChoi

Educated
Didn't play either! Im only playing it to piss off a friend that liked DA:O. When he finds out i've already finished the game much delicious tears shall be milked. In fact i sense I am near the end now, thankfully.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Monocause said:
What's wrong? Is there not enough real dumbfuckery on the Bioboards so that you talk of vomiting because of some totally random and - frankly - palatable post?
I'm not talking about that post only. It was just the one that tipped the cup over with "excited about Dragon Age II".

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
AP is a joke and defenders of AP are jokers. Do you want to be a joker? And, i don't mean the cool as Jokerf rom Batman, but joker in the 'haha I'm so funny but I'm really not' kind of joker you'd see in class clowns.

L0LLIGAGZ!

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Volourn said:
AP is a joke and defenders of AP are jokers. Do you want to be a joker? And, i don't mean the cool as Jokerf rom Batman, but joker in the 'haha I'm so funny but I'm really not' kind of joker you'd see in class clowns.

L0LLIGAGZ!
What does LOLLIGAGZ mean? I'm just asking because it seems that you want to be the joker here.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
you don't argue with andy because you know you don't have any counterarguments so instead you go full-volly mode?

how sozzy of you.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Volourn said:

L0LLIGAGZ!

So what you are saying is that His Majestic Horsieness speaks the truth. Good to hear.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
I don't argue with him b/c I could quote what I wrote earlier as a counter argument. He even agrees with me and even admits that he only arguing to be anal about stuff. ie. be a joker.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
FaChoi said:
And now....

388238-LC9J5WL.jpg

:smug:
Completed already? How the fuck, it was this short?

Status
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom