Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

ArchAngel

Arcane
Currently lvl 59 and the game is feeling a bit dull but to be fair I haven't been trying all of the post-campaign content. Mostly grinding renown and doing world events. World events are depressing af because you see other players just completely obliterate everything within fractions of a second. They are like hot knives vs butter. Just been making me feel worthless. I can't keep up. Makes me think my build is garbage and I deserve to die.
Who are you and what did you do with this guy:
Yeah the more time I spend with this game the more I see a majestic masterpiece in the making. Something destined for true greatness. Reminds me of Conan Exiles, a game that started out rough (much more so than this) and eventually blossomed into something truly special. And just like Conan Exiles this game will never get the respect it deserves around here. But whatever, I will always be around to give them the love they deserve until I die of shitty organ failure.
:love:

Saravan

Savant
Wow, he's only lvl 59 and been talking this much crap. 95% of his posts haven't even been about post-campaign content.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
1bagjlL.png
Yeah not seeing the similarity. The D2R amazon literally looks like a middle aged dude. My sorce atleast has feminine features and doesn't look weathered.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Currently lvl 59 and the game is feeling a bit dull but to be fair I haven't been trying all of the post-campaign content. Mostly grinding renown and doing world events. World events are depressing af because you see other players just completely obliterate everything within fractions of a second. They are like hot knives vs butter. Just been making me feel worthless. I can't keep up. Makes me think my build is garbage and I deserve to die.
Who are you and what did you do with this guy:
Yeah the more time I spend with this game the more I see a majestic masterpiece in the making. Something destined for true greatness. Reminds me of Conan Exiles, a game that started out rough (much more so than this) and eventually blossomed into something truly special. And just like Conan Exiles this game will never get the respect it deserves around here. But whatever, I will always be around to give them the love they deserve until I die of shitty organ failure.
:love:
I told you the world events made me depressed.

Yosharian

Arcane
Honestly D4 classes would be so much more fun if you could customise them, I know it's like D2 in this regard, so, fine, grudgingly, but...man.

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
Diablo 4
a game catered to the lowest common denominator of people, and SDG still wants to kill himself after playing it. Really makes you think...

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
The Rogue one is interesting.

22l4L2j.png

I don't touch Shadow Step or Dash though I can see their use, Puncture is so obviously better than the other Basics its kind of a no brainer. There should be a much faster bow basic, the two available are way too slow, and puncture is the only one that lets you inflict Vulnerable on demand.

Poison and Death rap are great but Twisting blades is clunky and awkward to use, doesn't feel good, and gets you killed. People are running it because it has a cooldown reduction effect but it's like .2 seconds per hit. Deathtrap has built-in cooldown reset effect and a key passive that is far more effective. Without Twisting Blades I can still reliably cast Deathtrap -> Poison trap -> Deathtrap continuously.

My results much improved when I went from Rapid fire to Penetrating Shot. It's a middle ground between AoE and single-target damage of Rapid Fire; I wasn't initially impressed with the damage vs. energy cost but Combo Points solves that issue nicely. I've been using Poison Imbuement because its damage scales directly off the underlying hit, so a critical poison 3-combo penetrating shot is quite strong. Now I just need them to add a legendary effect that lets you trigger your whole poison damage early--there are effects like that for Bleed and Burn for other classes.

Barrage is too weak so I'm not surprised no one uses it. I do wish Rapid Fire worked like the old Amazon Strafe (tracking targets), since so much of it's damage often gets ejaculated into the wind.

Tigranes

Arcane
I suspect the % numbers have a lot to do with the fact that a game like this has millions of casual players, and these days, a large % of those casual players will google a build guide and copypaste it. Hence literally everybody is a whirlwind barb, even though if half of them had run HOTA from the start they'd probably never notice a power drop.

There are certainly a fair number of skills that appear not worthwhile for anybody, especially ultimates and basic skills.

abija

Prophet
I suspect the % numbers have a lot to do with the fact that a game like this has millions of casual players, and these days, a large % of those casual players will google a build guide and copypaste it. Hence literally everybody is a whirlwind barb, even though if half of them had run HOTA from the start they'd probably never notice a power drop.
It's from lvl 100 hardcore chars. Quite the opposite of casual. Also why so many builds take almost all defensive skills possible.

Late Bloomer

Scholar

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom