Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I suspect the % numbers have a lot to do with the fact that a game like this has millions of casual players, and these days, a large % of those casual players will google a build guide and copypaste it. Hence literally everybody is a whirlwind barb, even though if half of them had run HOTA from the start they'd probably never notice a power drop.

There are certainly a fair number of skills that appear not worthwhile for anybody, especially ultimates and basic skills.
Say what you want about how shit an inneffective my build is compared to others, atleast it's unique. I've played over 100 hours and have yet to run into another pure pyro sorce. Basically every skill of mine involves fire except blizzard which I only use as an enchantment passive.

Diablo 4 Fans Once Again Call for Offline Mode After DDoS Attack Renders Game Unplayable for Hours

https://www.ign.com/articles/diablo...ddos-attack-renders-game-unplayable-for-hours

DO IT BLIZZARD!

Tigranes

Arcane
I suspect the % numbers have a lot to do with the fact that a game like this has millions of casual players, and these days, a large % of those casual players will google a build guide and copypaste it. Hence literally everybody is a whirlwind barb, even though if half of them had run HOTA from the start they'd probably never notice a power drop.
It's from lvl 100 hardcore chars. Quite the opposite of casual. Also why so many builds take almost all defensive skills possible.

Sorry, missed that - so it's more about what is viable for the specific spectrum of hardcore endgame. Interesting to see WW dominance given HOTA and even Rend builds seem to be pretty strong for non-HC post-lv50 play generally.

There is definitely a tendency for every barb to be "3 shouts + 1 core + Berserker Ult" generally, I think, while most Rogues are taking very similar passives (and probably TB) and pretty much every sorc has Frozen Nova for obvious reasons.

Yosharian

Arcane

Ryzer

Arcane

Diablo 4 Fans Once Again Call for Offline Mode After DDoS Attack Renders Game Unplayable for Hours

https://www.ign.com/articles/diablo...ddos-attack-renders-game-unplayable-for-hours

Blizzard spent much of Sunday battling a distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack that rendered Diablo 4 unplayable for hours.

This game should be moved to the MMORPG forums.
Haha wow, fans calling for offline mode, that'll really convince Blizz!
zombieland-money.gif

vota DC

Augur

There are certainly a fair number of skills that appear not worthwhile for anybody, especially ultimates and basic skills.
A casual would insist to make a freaking army of dead as necromancer....who cares about pro that do meta.... but when they play even the tooltip warn that some skills are bad.

Modron

Arcane
It's got the same background and looks the same as your screenshots so I would assume it's from Diablo 4 but that's just me.

Filthy Sauce

Arbiter
It's called 'Warlord Greathelm' in the wardrobe. Looking it up online, it is (or in my case- was) a legendary. Don't remember when I got it.

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Did a respec on some of my skills after giving the skill tree a good overview, and immediately felt more powerful. Chill imbuement slows/freezes enemies, which makes it the best IMO, rapid shot+puncture+chill/frost+ult = melting hordes in mere seconds.

Game isn't difficult enough on WT2 (yet?) to where I would need to start googling builds, so probably everything I picked is widely-considered to be noob-tier by D4 pros who are all being told exactly how to level their characters by youtube and fextralife, but it works for me and it's fun.

And my Rogue finally got some decent-looking legendary armor (that didn't cost me any real-life money, btw).

20230626_235602 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Why are all of you people playing as women?

Everyone but Skinwalker is a FAG!
I hear Skinwalker walks around wearing the skin of murdered women like Buffalo Bill, hence the name skinwalker, so technically he too is a homo.

Anyways when it comes to sorce and rogue/amazon I will always default to female because that is what they were in D2. It just feels right. Likewise with a barb I will always default to male.

It's called 'Warlord Greathelm' in the wardrobe. Looking it up online, it is (or in my case- was) a legendary. Don't remember when I got it.

Show her face.

Perkel

Arcane
hmm people keep finding interesting things.

whole Blue has highest rolls from D2 isn't present in D4 despite earlier designs but did you know it actually is part of 3 rolled rares ? One of the stats is effectively stacked.

Another thing is that game has certain amount of unique items but it also has Grim Dawn style roll locked items from certain bosses and monsters.

Reinhardt

Arcane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom