Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
^ that's not a succubus, that's just some NPC or maybe a customizable character.

Here's the actual succubus.

BKKTTDDU1JXY1624671095513.png
Aren't them supposed to seduce humans?

Are you saying you WOULDN'T hit it? :neveraskedforthis:

His Dudeness

Augur

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
I hope they are not using the trash skill system from D3. I didn't like the primary attack actually being a special attack. First of all, it looked dumb. If you gave your Monk a staff, he still punched; that is, never actually used the staff as a weapon which is clearly ridiculous. But second, overly specialized weapons and "customizable" skills ended up funneling each class into a single, must-use build if you wanted to be competitive in the end game. Which then ended up with almost mandatory gear, and all of the normal Blizzard horseshit that comes from making everything like WoW.

Better by far for them to return to the D2 method of skills, which allowed for multiple different builds with appreciable strengths and weaknesses for each class. A whirly Barb and a Dragoon were both viable playstyles, even though one might be slightly better. You could run a Druid with bear or wolf, each played differently and with appreciable choices to be made (not to mention, different gear could be used).

They're only going to have a short window to impress people and get this right, especially since the D2 remaster will be dropping in September, reminding everyone of how a Diablo game is supposed to fucking play.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
They're only going to have a short window to impress people and get this right...

Where were you when they showed Diablo 4 for the first time?

Number bloat is back, shitty itemization is back, and they certainly don't show any interest into creating unique items, that bring up options for unique builds like we have in Diablo 2 or Path of Exile.

The only thing they actually took to heart was the rightly critic that Diablo 3 looked like absolute dog shit.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
They're only going to have a short window to impress people and get this right...

Where were you when they showed Diablo 4 for the first time?

I dunno. Maybe on the shitter?

Number bloat is back,

I don't mind "number bloat" in the sense that it is okay for a level up to increase your skill in Y by X%. That's how D2 worked, as I recall -- small changes to your character adding up over time, punctuated by big phase jumps with the acquisition of a new talent occurring every few levels.

shitty itemization is back,

How so?

and they certainly don't show any interest into creating unique items, that bring up options for unique builds like we have in Diablo 2 or Path of Exile.

What does this mean? How do you know this? Have they said it? And also, I recall that though there were a few instances of builds-around-items in D2, it wasn't overwhelming and there were only a few cases where this was viable. But I'll admit to not having played D2 in a long time, and not really being into the the crazy competitive side, the min-maxing, etc.

OctavianRomulus

Learned
Hair is total garbage but everything else looks good.

The hair looks like thin metal wires coming out of their heads. Really hope it is not final.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Are you ugly,spidy ?

DAMN RIGHT I AM.

AND YOU DON'T SEE ME TAKING PICTURES LIKE IT'S PROM NIGHT.
Do you even have a camera though?
:whatho:
Why would you need one? Aren't cameras thing that women use to take pictures of men and shit? All my pictures are taken from someone else.
I mean, I know you will steal your photos, but Generic-Giant-Spider too?
Actually i use old button nokia,it is hard to listen in and impossible to hack :smug:. Tho i do have a bunch of iphones and androids lying around from gifts and shit,but don't use them,give them to the nephews.

Last edited:

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Are you ugly,spidy ?

DAMN RIGHT I AM.

AND YOU DON'T SEE ME TAKING PICTURES LIKE IT'S PROM NIGHT.
Do you even have a camera though?
:whatho:
Why would you need one? Aren't cameras thing that women use to take pictures of men and shit? All my pictures are taken from someone else.
I mean, I know you will steal your photos, but Generic-Giant-Spider too?

Why would *anyone* steal Generic-Giant-Spider?

J1M

Arcane
Given that the succubus is wearing a modest one-piece bathing suit instead of being topless, it wouldn't surprise me if the last 6 months of development saw them tone down the gore to target a Teen ESRB rating.

Generic-Giant-Spider

The only time a succubus looked good in Diablo games was the first anyways when they were proper big titty goth girls with batwings.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
How far the mighty have fallen:

Played a lot of 2600 Activision games but probably spent the most time with Bridge. Remarkably good single player version.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Decathlon... oh boy... I still have nightmares of aching hands and broken joysticks...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom