Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Good Old Games
Donate to Codex
News Content Gallery About Donate Discord Contact
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

SumDrunkGuy

Arcane
Shitposter
Because Diablo started the subgenre and PoE is the current uncontested king. Every game in the genre gets to be compared with it. Sure beats reading random ramblings from (apparently senile) nostalgia fags.
I puked in my mouth reading this. I would take Diablo 3 over PoE like any day.

Sunri

Liturgist
Because Diablo started the subgenre and PoE is the current uncontested king. Every game in the genre gets to be compared with it. Sure beats reading random ramblings from (apparently senile) nostalgia fags.

That's because you are a console fag, it's obvious that you chose simpler game how is diablo immobail going?

SumDrunkGuy

Arcane
Shitposter

That's because you are a console fag, it's obvious that you chose simpler game how is diablo immobail going?
No, it's because I despise PoE's skill tree. It's a convoluted fucking mess. It might be the worst skill tree in gaming history. No thought was put into any of it. They just clumped attributes and skills all together in one giant abomination so they could be like "LOOK HOW HUGE OUR SKILL TREE IS. BIGGEST EVER!"

Last edited:

SumDrunkGuy

Arcane
Shitposter
6368316624122360769234575.png

Looks like somebody vomited on the screen.

mediocrepoet

En français: poètemédiocre!
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Whenever I see boards like POE's, my eyes glaze over and I weigh out whether the game is fun enough to warrant sorting through some Chinese checkers shit. The answer is usually no.

Sunri

Liturgist

No, it's because I despise PoE's skill tree. It's a convoluted fucking mess. It might be the worst skill tree in gaming history. No thought was put into any of it. They just clumped attributes and skills all together in one giant abomination so they could big like "LOOK HOW HUGE OUR SKILL TREE IS. BIGGEST EVER!"

Thats only first impression if you know
6368316624122360769234575.png

Looks like somebody vomited on the screen.
If you know what you are looking for, it's quite simple actually, but I guess it can scare new players away hm

SumDrunkGuy

Arcane
Shitposter
If you know what you are looking for, it's quite simple actually, but I guess it can scare new players away hm
It didn't scare me at all. I understood perfectly how it worked and it's complete asshole cancer.

This is how it's done:

This is NOT how it's done:

The most common sense thing imaginable.

Sunri

Liturgist
It didn't scare me at all. I understood perfectly how it worked and it's complete asshole cancer.

This is how it's done:

Sorry but DII system is so basic it hurts you can delete energy stat because there is no reason to invest in it, then you cut off str or dex based on your build and wow what a meaningful progression lol

Lim-Dûl

Educated

This is how it's done:

D2 attribute system is extremely pointless. Every build is minimum strength required for equipment, minimum dex for max block if you're going for that, then dump everything else into vitality.

SumDrunkGuy

Arcane
Shitposter
D2 attribute system is extremely pointless. Every build is minimum strength required for equipment, minimum dex for max block if you're going for that, then dump everything else into vitality.
This has nothing to do with what is being discussed. We're talking about UI. Diablo 2 had a very basic intuitive UI. PoE's UI is a trainwreck to put it mildly. It's the opposite of intuitive and the people who sing it praises are fucked in the head. I want to slap each and every one of the retards who worship that turd.

Sunri

Liturgist
This has nothing to do with what is being discussed. We're talking about UI. Diablo 2 had a very basic intuitive UI. PoE's UI is a trainwreck to put it mildly. It's the opposite of intuitive and the people who sing it praises are fucked in the head. I want to slap each and every one of the retards who worship that turd.
What's the point of good UI if there is nothing meaningful in it?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

If IGNorant don't write/record a terrible review like this after D4 launches, is because D4 is too dumbed down.

Look. Look at this. The POEfags can't help themselves. What is wrong with these creatures.
Shut the fuck up, nigger. Go back to playing D2. This is a D4 thread and it will be compared to every competitor in the space until the end of time.

You don't have to watch the whole video but just watch the first minute and a half. This is what you're sucking the dick of. Look at it. Look at this fucking ugly monstrosity. What is wrong with you, boy?

Sunri

Liturgist
Look. Look at this. The POEfags can't help themselves. What is wrong with these creatures.
Shut the fuck up, nigger. Go back to playing D2. This is a D4 thread and it will be compared to every competitor in the space until the end of time.

You don't have to watch the whole video but just watch the first minute and a half. This is what you're sucking the dick of. Look at it. Look at this fucking ugly monstrosity. What is wrong with you, boy?

This is much better!

abija

Prophet

It's easy to have an intuitive UI for basic things. There are plenty of failures in PoE UI, but the tree is not one of them, quite the opposite. It's easy to navigate/find stuff/do required actions.

Diablo1_reborn

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Dunno what that game is, Diablo 2 was the last one they made.
This is a D4 thread, fuck off. You're a nigger troll. Your knowledge is limited to what some click-bait channel shows you. Flicker strike isn't even a popular build.

Let's not pretend that both games "suffer" under the same "problem", that is the ultimate zoom zoom for the ultimate dopamin rush every few seconds (with Path of Exile still being the worst offender out there). Sadly, this seems to be a very popular thing nowadays, when you consider how highly-considered games like for example Vampire Survivors are, where you just press one button (or even none) and everything around you just dies, while you're getting bombarded with "Level Up!", "Item GETTO!", or other positive messages. I really felt like that this complete genre was lost to me when Path of Exile turned out to be the next Median XL instead of the next Diablo 1.

SumDrunkGuy

Arcane
Shitposter
PoE...competitor...LOL

Like I said, even Diablo 3 is better. Hell I would rather play Titan Quest and that game puts me to sleep.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

I would take PoE over Diablo 3 tbh

I played PoE for years and the biggest issues for me were,
  • game is ugly
  • it has no style
  • it's not SP friendly
  • animation is stiff
  • enemy design is shit
Diablo 3 is dumbed down, geared towards online play and looks like WoW

Diablo 4 perhaps got the art direction right, but forwent everything else and is even more dumbed down than Diablo 3

Therefore the answer will always be Diablo 2. There aren't any competitors, there have never been any. Nor is there another uncontested king, other than it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom