Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

Reinhardt

Arcane
Ya know it's funny, with my lvl 38 Rogue I already feel more powerful than I ever did with my Sorc.
maybe it's time to up difficulty to normal?

Filthy Sauce

Arbiter
I was wondering why you were going at 40. Capstones have no scaling. It's set level 50 for first, 70, then 100 for 3rd.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
This is a perfect example for the actual crap he pulled. The quests show zone monster level. The minimum levels scale up to 45. He took the picture at 48. And is deliberately used to inform you of the various areas of the map and their intended lvl.
2KbLHvN.png

He even rambles on about how everything is the same in the open world, how there's no gatekeeping. Just south of an area you get to at under lvl 10 there's a min lvl 35 zone to get splattered in.

Your crap is way worse, his point was correct- side quest scale and the level of these quests doesn't matter. What you are showing is main quests (where you will out-scale the min level anyway) and strongholds.

abija

Prophet
6rDKpD2.png

He is wrong and did it on fucking purpose. Number is lvl of mobs in that zone. It has nothing to do with main/side whatever. It's there especially since main quest is not linear and can send you to higher lvl areas. But can also apply to side quests.

Last edited:

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
If you took a side quest at level 29 and during the quest you hit 30 the quest log will scale and show Lv.30, but the monsters will still be lvl 29. You will have to reload the zone or go out of it and back to update the monster level so even if you are right that is shows the zone monster level (same shit) his point is still valid- shitty UI.

Saravan

Savant
If you took a side quest at level 29 and during the quest you hit 30 the quest log will scale and show Lv.30, but the monsters will still be lvl 29. You will have to reload the zone or go out of it and back to update the monster level so even if you are right that is shows the zone monster level (same shit) his point is still valid- shitty UI.

Who the fuck cares when there is zero end game, builds are as deep as a puddle, itemisation is fundamentally flawed and will never compete with GD, D2 or PoE and season 1 is a barren wasteland after a week from release. Much bigger problems.

Filthy Sauce

Arbiter
I was wondering why you were going at 40. Capstones have no scaling. It's set level 50 for first, 70, then 100 for 3rd.
They lowered the requirement to get in though didn't they? I assumed they would have compensated by lowering the level of the enemies.

You are right. Since capstones are made as a skill check to get to next tier, maybe they balanced the WT3 enemy buffs around the fact the character should have max ability points invested at 50. ( Not counting renown). Just a guess though.

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I thought the game was bad. Why are people buying cosmetics?
Because it's not bad. The game will be wonderful once Blizzard has a clear vision of how they want to build on it. As of right now they seem kind of clueless.
I see. I've got a friend that keeps saying this looks more like a beta test than a full lunch and he seems to be spot on.

abija

Prophet
his point is still valid- shitty UI.
That wasn't his point and not the reason llama was laughing. The point was there shouldn't be lvl info on quests if everything is scaled. Except there is a point to showing that number and considering what he "reviewed" and raved about he was very well aware. But truth wasn't driving the point home hard enough/or wasn't enough of a rage bait.

If complaint would be about UI quality, there are many real issues to point out, not minor shit like that. It is trully one of the greatest showcases of why dangerhair art majors shouldn't be allowed anywhere close to software. Can sit proudly near Skyrim, Windows 8 and other such masterpieces.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Diablo 2 had it's time and it was great. Let me put it this way... if you're still stuck on that game and using it as the "gold standard" to judge all of these types of games, you're an idiot. D2 has been outdone at this point, more than a few times. It is no longer the gold standard, and I say that as somebody who poured 1000s of hours into it and worshipped it back in the day. I think Diablo 1 is better. D2 is not God. It is not the gold standard.

Metal Hurlant

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
After finishing the campaign, unlocking all areas and altars prior to the season and then finishing the season 1 quest, this game is very much a beta with about 80% of the game finished. They polished it up to look like a finished game.

What I find funny is how you see these nice dungeons, caverns and monasteries in Act 1. They look really cool and polished. Then you go to Act 2 in a different location of the World map and see some dungeons that fit the area and every now and then you see an exact copy of a dungeon or monastery that's been copy/pasted from Act 1. You then go to Act 3 in a desert location and see some interesting dungeons that fit the theme and area and then the same thing happens, you see an exact copy of a dungeon or monastery that's been copy/pasted from Act 1. Clear to me they ran out of time and copy/pasted dungeons that they didn't finish.

Also, what's up with the Necromancer quest? You're given the book of the dead at level 15, later at level 18 you go to the next town and go down a hole to kill something and the third thing at a later level is to go to an altar and kill some monsters. Other classes have quests with two (barbarian and druid) going acorss the world map and Blizzard just gave up and gives you the book of the dead at level 15. The horse feels like it was tacked on at the end. They ran out of time on so many things.

Season 1 is laughably bad. No idea why they would have Cormond, the guy that you have with the quest, outside of the towns that you visit. And when you want to salvage his items, you have to go out of town to do it - or go to Kyovashad which from memory is the only town that has his workbench near the waypoint.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The horse feels like it was tacked on at the end. They ran out of time on so many things.
I thought that was one of the things they nailed (not in the same way "nailed" works in BG3 when describing animals). It controls great, gets you to your objectives quick, you can loot things without having to dismount. The horse mechanics are frabjous. If I have one complaint about it it's that you don't get access to it until you're nearing the end of the campaign. That was dumb. You should have access to the horse right from the start.

Metal Hurlant

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
You should get the horse at the end of Act 2 at the latest. Donan should have given you the horse then when you leave him. Act 3 is arguably the biggest Act and then after you finish it and start Act 4, Donan decides to give you a horse. Most of the time the horse is great. It can act a little retarded at times and can be buggy when you leave a town when the hotbar is greyed out. You have to dismount / mount the horse again to get the hotbar active.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Try going from Zelda TotK to this. The horse in TotK will get stuck on thumb sized pebbles, and it turns at the same speed of a baby sea turtle on land. Maybe that's why I'm so fond of the horse controls in this game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom