Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
RK is surprisingly good to co-op with, even though he wastes ability points. :lol:

"RK I convinced the orcs to leave." +2500 Charisma EXP
"You didn't convince me. *Fireball*"
"What the hell is your problem?"

+1500 EXP +1500 EXP +1500 EXP +1500 EXP

"Experience. The goal of Life's search."

Eddas

Learned
And, now I'm going to have 'broken' quests in my journal for rest of game in the unfinished part. I means eriously if a quest can't be finished for whatever reason, just fukkin' end it.

Yeah, I get the feeling. I feel bad about those quests laying there, giving me hope and at the same time frustation for my own failure completing them...

RK47

Patron
RK is surprisingly good to co-op with, even though he wastes ability points. :lol:

I like the hybrid. Heavy armored Battlemage.
But trying to battle and cast spell at the same time is pretty tall order for 7 AP.
After experimenting with several low level spells of different element, I think I'm starting to get a hang about the build.
Good idea. Needs refining. If I can re-spec I'd do it tonight.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Because instead of interesting encounters it's just you not able to do anything? Otherwise they weren't really that hard, since I completed them at a few levels lower."

Those battles are made more interesting b/c of the sandstorms not less. Dumbo.

, "giving me hope and at the same time frustation for my own failure completing them..."

More like failure of the game.

And, oh, that stupid cult prison, town, and ' secret passage with teleports' are beyond lame. Talk about pure laziness.

Your idea of making an encounter interesting is giving a flat -4 ap penalty across all PCs, mine isn't.
Let's just agree to disagree hmm? ;)

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity

I like the hybrid. Heavy armored Battlemage.
But trying to battle and cast spell at the same time is pretty tall order for 7 AP.
After experimenting with several low level spells of different element, I think I'm starting to get a hang about the build.
Good idea. Needs refining. If I can re-spec I'd do it tonight.
Not cheesy enough for an Arkay build :killit:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Your idea of making an encounter interesting is giving a flat -4 ap penalty across all PCs, mine isn't."

As to what? Total invulnerible enemies? More esmaculate losers? The soldiers are interesting for more than just the sandstorm but it's just an added bonus. You just don't like it as you are a typical gamer who wants things to be blassie.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
No one is going to Hunter's Edge after they get out of Cyseal.

I did just that. Simply walk there, win a charisma check (or carry an amulet). To make matters "worse", you can do all the quests in Hunter's Edge without fighting.

D:OS is not a linear game. In fact, in that case it is probably a bit too open. If you go back to Cyseal after raking in all the XP from Hunter's Edge, you'll be overpowered as hell.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

"RK I convinced the orcs to leave." +2500 Charisma EXP
"You didn't convince me. *Fireball*"
"What the hell is your problem?"

+1500 EXP +1500 EXP +1500 EXP +1500 EXP

"Experience. The goal of Life's search."

Noticed this too; this is why awarding EXP for quest solving not combat per se is far more :obviously: system; game should not reward player for acting chaotic stupid.

Tigranes

Arcane
So, sneaking marksman & sneaking rogue now Level 5.

(1) Lone Wolf is far, far too overpowered. Compared to previous playthrough (both Hard) I am eating enemies up like breakfast. But I suppose it would have been similarly easier if I used henchmen? By this point (3rd playthrough) I'm OK with that, though.

(2) Sneaking is already at 5 meaning the marksman can reenter sneak for 1AP = sneak attack, sneak attack, sneak attack. Doesn't seem worth it as much for the rogue, who can just backstab, though it may be worthwhile later from a survival point of view. But enemies seem to move towards you when you sneak (unlike when you are invisible) which makes it less useful.

(3) Dagger status effects are great.

RK47

Patron
So, sneaking marksman & sneaking rogue now Level 5.

(1) Lone Wolf is far, far too overpowered. Compared to previous playthrough (both Hard) I am eating enemies up like breakfast. But I suppose it would have been similarly easier if I used henchmen? By this point (3rd playthrough) I'm OK with that, though.

(2) Sneaking is already at 5 meaning the marksman can reenter sneak for 1AP = sneak attack, sneak attack, sneak attack. Doesn't seem worth it as much for the rogue, who can just backstab, though it may be worthwhile later from a survival point of view. But enemies seem to move towards you when you sneak (unlike when you are invisible) which makes it less useful.

(3) Dagger status effects are great.

Combine Tactical Leap with Backstabber build. Easier enter and exit ever.
At lvl 10 = 15 metre Ranger Charm.
Backstabbing rogue does not need Guerilla. But it does give her an option to pull out a bow from 15 metre away.

Tigranes

Arcane
You mean tactical retreat? So take a level in marksman? Is it worth it for 4AP thougH?

RK47

Patron
The distance you can traverse is pr. ridiculous imo. Especially if you want a quick exit without suffering Attack of Opportunity or traversing over dangerous surface.
Hide in shadow to get in, unload backstab, leap back out, pull out your bow.

Sodafish

Arcane
Rogues get basically the exact same skill, but having both means you can use one while the other is in cooldown.

RK47

Patron
Rogues get basically the exact same skill, but having both means you can use one while the other is in cooldown.

That one's Level 10, yes. I laughed when I got in with Rogue's Teleport, then dropped an oil barrel, and then leapt out.
Fire Arrow. Lonewolf.

Sodafish

Arcane
Telekinesis is the best for barrel cheese tho. It's a shame it doesn't have a whole let of use otherwise.

RK47

Patron
Telekinesis is the best for barrel cheese tho. It's a shame it doesn't have a whole let of use otherwise.

Telly is fun yeah, but you can just equip ring for pick up...combat application is kinda meh.
I'm looking forward to more interesting builds tonight. Abandoning my power rangers run. Got too stupid, the AI broke and ran AWAY from sneaking attackers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom