Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

Sodafish

Arcane
But really, I think tele could have been made much more useful/interesting. Like pickpocketing from range for example, or picking up and throwing people either for combat damage or to plonk your tanks next to enemies. Makes no sense why you can't; if you can hurl a barrel of water weighing 100-150 kilos about why not critters?

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Re: tacticool retreat on rogue

Considering its range is 15m, it stops getting too useful pretty quickly (later on I could cover 15m with just 2 ap on foot), and is only good for accessing hidden areas (for which you have cloak and dagger in scoundrelisms anyway)

Re: crafting

Haven't used it a single time in the whole game :kfc:

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Crafting is useful. For instance, when you're high level with crafting 5, you can craft a staff with +3 INT. That's pretty good. The higher your main stat the shorter your cooldowns are. So stacking as much mainstat as possible really pays off, when you can cast oath and haste every round and even stuff like deathpunch is far more often available.

Reading a random thread on steam...

Bought the game installing now any other recomendations. For similar games would like to find some co-op games with the gf really dont see her getting into this game she likes games like the trine series wich I loved aswell.

Divinity original sin is excellent, its been like the top seller now since it came out on full release on steam. Its a really good RPG with 2 player coop; its an old school RPG though like baldurs gate etc.

Yeah I checked it out I like Baulders gate but not sure how she would like it lol

do u like baulders gate?

Perkel

Arcane
do u like baulders gate?

I'm more of a Planetscape Tournament man

Imo i think if we could compare DOS to something i think Arcanum is close case. Both of those games depended on systems which players had fun playing with where story and quest design often was good to mediacore giving you reason to use those systems. Naturally there is also Ultima in this mix but imo i feel Arcanum for some reason more resonates with it.

Naturally world is completely different but "hook" is imo the same.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Wish there were more perks and more interesting ones at that. Perks are too by the numbers and a lot of them have no tradeoff whatsoever.

Perkel

Arcane
Wish there were more perks and more interesting ones at that. Perks are too by the numbers and a lot of them have no tradeoff whatsoever.

Yeah. Imo i think they are more like part of character progression than perks ala fallout where you had mix of wacky, fun, weird and sometimes useful stuff.

Still modders will have fun with that system.

"Your idea of making an encounter interesting is giving a flat -4 ap penalty across all PCs, mine isn't."

As to what? Strawman? More Strawman? The soldiers are interesting for more than just the sandstorm but it's just an added bonus. You just don't like it as you are a typical gamer who wants things to be blassie.
Blassie
Definitions
Sorry, no definitions found.

Etymologies
Sorry, no etymologies found.

:whatho:
No, I simply thinks it's a lazy way to spice things up, if applying a debuff like that is the best way you can find to squeeze challenge out of your game then I think there may be a problem.
Anyway it wasn't difficult, it played out exactly the same as every match, except at a slower pace, similar to how it would have been if all the enemies had been given a bunch more hp.
AI, placement, diversity, enemy abilities, that makes interesting encounters for me.

And man I've wasted too much time on a throwaway comment about a minor aspect I don't really care about. Invulnerable enemies though, don't get me started on that shit.
So, agree to disagree, final word from me on the subject.
"Your idea of making an encounter interesting is giving a flat -4 ap penalty across all PCs, mine isn't."

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Agreed. A lot of them are underwhelming. Especially the ones for max level spell school talents.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Frederick Kenneth Blassie, better known as "Classy" Freddie Blassie, was an American professional wrestling villain and manager

I found this.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Breed of dog. A Blassie is a cross between a Lassie (Collie) and a Pit Bull.
A new metro-breed of dogs popular with Pro-athletes and rappers.

Bro, what the hell is that?

That's a Blassie....the bitch will take your arm off and then run for help.

Arkeus

Arcane
(2) Sneaking is already at 5 meaning the marksman can reenter sneak for 1AP = sneak attack, sneak attack, sneak attack. Doesn't seem worth it as much for the rogue, who can just backstab, though it may be worthwhile later from a survival point of view. But enemies seem to move towards you when you sneak (unlike when you are invisible) which makes it less useful.

Guerilla double damages, which means that using one AP to sneak between each backstab doubles the damage :p.

Lack of c&c during Madora's quest with the :retarded:spinebreaker was pretty disappointing, no choice in the matter, not even an option to not join in the fight and let Madora fight her own battle with the retard. I figured I'd squeeze some c&c by exiting that fight and then talking to Madora, so I left and she went on about how it was necessary that we killed him because blablabla, except he wasn't dead.

BRILLIANT!!
Fucking retarded gorilla ruining muh immershun.
8685.jpg

Madora kind of reminds me of Angela Deth in W2: Annoying, mouthy older lady who makes decisions that you can't physically stop because REVENGEANCE!
Well, at least the unlikable companions make it easy to decide whether to go lone wolf or not.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Madora wanted to forgive him on my playthrough, I assume it has something to do with traits. This left the made the quest unfinishable though (even killing him left it in the journal)

Sodafish

Arcane
if you don't kill him does he join the orcs later and kick some mountain man azz?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom