Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The worst thing:

dos_codex_vs_watch.png

Nobody likes Codex Trolls :(

Gord

Arcane
Our party was level 9 when we faced him in a co-op session while he and his men were like 13, had no trouble beating him really.

Neither did I, just saying some may struggle depending on their builds and general tacticool skills.

My party (lvl 10/11, I think) mostly had trouble damaging him fast enough. I disposed of his minions quickly and my characters didn't take too much damage either, I just couldn't prevent him from healing most of the damage I caused. He was immune to almost all the CC abilities I had at the time, so I had to wait for a round with some lucky rolls.

In retrospect I could have done it quicker had I used some more creative tactics - maybe next time.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Inconsequential "made yuo post" answers:
people are having fun with bioware and bethesda games. i guess the codex should forego criticizing them as well.

Christ. Roguey isn't here for criticism but to engage as a perpetual wet-blanket, because he enjoys being that person. It's like trying to enjoy a nice lunch while one of your friends keeps picking the onions out of their burger and commenting about the quality of mustard. Every now and then you lose your cool and JUST. SHUT. UP. is all you can muster. Sowwy.

Who would have guessed.

I dunno. Mebbe the guy who gets butthurt every time I post?

So first everybody responds to Volourn, and now everyone responds to Roguey. It's like you guys want your life the thread to be shit.

Too bad you can't whip out the ol' moderator shoes here eh? I enjoy responding to both of them in the same way I enjoy Blobert's opinions or Prosper's art. Part of what makes this place tick.

What I actually popped in for:

Is there any use for the "mysterious dye"? It's fairly expensive yet I can't seem to find it on any crafting cheat sheets.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Is there any use for the "mysterious dye"? It's fairly expensive yet I can't seem to find it on any crafting cheat sheets.
a lot of items are still buggy, like fiery heart and bottle of swirling mud having their icons switched or being unable to make quills out of fancy feathers.

I figured he would res, luckily he never got the turn, I was lvl 11. I was looking forward to that fight since it was referenced as very difficult, although that was only one poster. Nothing outside of gimped -4ap cheap sandstorm shit is really challenging any more.

Who would have guessed.

I dunno. Mebbe the guy who gets butthurt every time I post?
That's like me saying Daedalos makes you butthurt.
I never get butthurt,(from you) I make fun of you, it's not the same thing.

Sodafish

Arcane
There is a fight near the end with a boss who can teleport you onto lava. You'll be wanting >100% fire resist for that one.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't like the crafting.
There, I said it. Then again, does anyone really like it?

Come on... combine each single item with each single item to find out what does what. Its like that thing adventure games make you do when the solution is just too far off.
This is just not fun at all. Recipes are worthless (though I like how they are written). By level 10 you'll have found about 10 recipe books but like 20-30 items that can be somehow combined.
At least some more complicated recipes would have made this more interesting. As it is know, recipes are fun to read but pointless, as it always A + B = C. Who needs a book for that?

I have the feeling crafting is there only to have another skill you can invest points into, not because it really does something for the game. I'm glad none of my main characters have points there.

Worst place is Dora's puzzle adventure, aka the immaculate trials. But I'm sure there will be even more boring puzzle zones later on from what I've read in reviews.

baturinsky

Arcane
What is the rough order of killing things once I get to the first city? I did the underground leading to house with portraits, but everywhere else I have my ass handed to me.

Loriac

Arcane
What is the rough order of killing things once I get to the first city? I did the underground leading to house with portraits, but everywhere else I have my ass handed to me.

Introduce yourself to the legion's captain, check out the murder scene, head over to the healer' house in the marketplace and decide who lives and dies, talk to the mortician, check out the graveyard, interrogate the murder victim's wife, find all evidence connecting her to the crime, then when you find out who the probable suspect seems to be, check out her house and read her journal.

You could also do additional sidequests such as the elf who wants blood revenge for his village being wiped out and anything else you run into around town.

At this point, you should be level 3; head out of the west gate and take down some of the mobs close to the town gates; you can also clear up the 'burial mounds' sidequest from the legion captain.

That should get you to level 4 comfortably, at which point you can clear out most of the western map without too much trouble; the lighthouse is probably the toughest fight in that section, but can be easily handled at level 4, particularly if you burn some consumables if you're in a tight spot.

Edit: probably worth pointing out that Cyseal gets off to a slow a start, with a lot of running around and talking to people before you start picking fights in earnest.

Also, if you're not playing a lone wolf game, be sure to pick up the two companions asap - one is in the tavern, the other is in the mayor's library

Xeon

Augur
Someone posted this guide in the Larian forum.

In Cyseal:
1) solve quests in Cyseal
2) enter the cave under the cementary
3) head out west of town until the lighthouse
4) head out south-west to the beach
5) enther Black Cove
6) head out north to until the cave to the north-western beach
8) head out north-west to the beach
9) enter E.'s cave
10) head out east to the trapped house
11) head out north-east to the cementary/church
12) head out north-north-east to the burning fields
13) enter the dungeon under the church
14) travel to Luculla forest/Silverglen -> click on the bridge in the north above the burning fields

In Luculla forest
1) enter Silverglen
2) head out south to the cabin of the White Witch
3) head out north until you find the spell for the cabin
4) enter the cabin of the White Witch
5) enter the cave
6) enter the lake and travel to Hiberheim

In Hiberheim
1) solve the puzzles in the cave
2) clear the main map of Hiberheim
3) enter the elemental forge
4) enter Boreas's castle
5) enter the prison
6) travel back to Silverglen/Luculla forest

In Luculla forest again:
1) enter Silverglen
2) head out south-south-east to the goblin paths
3) enter the Luculla mines
4) head out north-west for the Immaculate trials
5) head out north-east to the desert
6) head out south-east to the Immaculate territory/Sacred Stone
7) enter the Immaculate cathedral north of Sacred Stone
8) travel to the Phantom forest -> click on one of the two bridges in the south-east or east

In Phantom Forest
1) head south-east to Hunter's Edge
2) solve quests in Hunter's Edge
3) enter the Knight's tomb
4) solve the situation in Hunter's Edge
5) head out north-west to the cursed area
6) clear the whole area

Credits to LordCrash from this thread.

Black

Arcane
I don't like the crafting.
There, I said it. Then again, does anyone really like it?

Come on... combine each single item with each single item to find out what does what. Its like that thing adventure games make you do when the solution is just too far off.
This is just not fun at all. Recipes are worthless (though I like how they are written). By level 10 you'll have found about 10 recipe books but like 20-30 items that can be somehow combined.
At least some more complicated recipes would have made this more interesting. As it is know, recipes are fun to read but pointless, as it always A + B = C. Who needs a book for that?

I have the feeling crafting is there only to have another skill you can invest points into, not because it really does something for the game. I'm glad none of my main characters have points there.
I don't like the fact that even with 5 points in both crafting and bs and having read every single one recipe book you're still left with dozens of recipes you (and your characters with all those points invested) don't know so you either go with ye good olde adventures game approach and combine everything with everything or go here- http://divinity.gamepedia.com/Crafting#Armor

And why do I have to make daggers out of knives specifically? What's wrong with iron/steel ingots? That's racist and arbitrarily constrictive.

Last edited:

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
I enjoy the crafting, but then again I'm a crafting addict. It's no Underrail, but I enjoy the variety quite a bit. The boxed game comes with recipe cards so I hardly think using a list is the worst thing in the world...though I have to say it *is* a bit of a cheat seeing as how the game itself is attempting to give you clues with their recipes. For the longest time I thought you could only make/combine items if you'd studied the recipe, which turns out not to be the case. Not sure if that would be a better idea or not. Would certainly frustrate even more people...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom