Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Dominions 6

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
You can now play CK3 battles in both M&T and TW:A and I think everyone who wants that is a psychopath. At least Dom games are turn based. These nutjobs want to fight the battle of a real time game in a separate game...

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I really want to play PBEM or whatever game with Dom as playing Single Player is just supply chain simulator and busy works

Maybe DOM 6 will be it

Grimwulf come back :negative:

Tanaka

Educated
Scripting your army and watching the results is part of the fun, although I could do without the late game micromanagement hell.
Agreed. I can't decide if the new changes will help with this or make it worse? Hopefully less magic helps but more bigger armies might be worse? Idk but I do like they are toning down late game magic overkill and magic fireworks fest though.

Dominions 6 is scaled up compared to Dominions 5 and armies are larger. We wanted to tweak the balance between conventional armies and magic. To accomplish this a couple of changes are introduced. Incomes and resources are increased, while mages are more expensive. Battlefield-wide spells are more difficult to cast and there are instead more mid-tier spells. There are some other changes with the same aim.

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
Hopefully there is a progression across the Ages such that you can still get a very magic heavy experience in EA vs MA vs LA.

Optimist

Savant
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Eh, if it's mostly the case of numbers (costs, paths, available resources), then this'll be incredibly easy to mod.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Eh, if it's mostly the case of numbers (costs, paths, available resources), then this'll be incredibly easy to mod.

If its numbers then it wont work in the first place, they need to tweak the spells otherwise 3-4 casts of EQ will wipe any army anyway.

Dayyālu

Arcane

If its numbers then it wont work in the first place, they need to tweak the spells otherwise 3-4 casts of EQ will wipe any army anyway.
The Rain of Stones fix proves that it can be done: I distinctly remember how fighting any E/A nations was all about avoiding Cloud Trapezing ICBM casters that nuked everything outside of a castle. The crazy shit like setting up sniping casters abusing the unit id to cast sooner.

But it has been also a clear evolution: from Dom3 to Dom4 to Dom5 mortal armies have kinda risen in power and viability, with the caveat that lategame everything get destroyed, but we never got for example a repeat of the Dom3 era of absolute SC dominance.

That said, where the fuck is the community nowadays? Shitty Discords?

EruDaan

Arcane
One thing I'd like to have is the option for choosing between turn based and real-time battles. Also an overhaul of some of the sprites... the cyclops pretender chassis looks like a cheddar man that since Dominions 2.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
>Make an underwater faction named "Ys".
>Zero demonic content in it.
Why.

It's underwater elves from Cornwall, what does it have to do with demons?

All legends about Ys are some variation of:
- There is a super cool island city Ys, somewhere near Brittany.
- The King is chill and pious.
- But Princess is a thot.
- She causes the city to sink in some fashion. Sometimes it's a God's wrath. Sometimes it's a devil's plot. Princess might be a full-blown demon-dick-lover sex cultist, or simply a daft cunt. Or any combination of both. Devil might appear in person, or in disguise, or not at all.
- The city is sinking, the King is escaping with his daughter. Sometimes.
- A saint tells him "Bruv, God will not let you escape with her. She's a thot. Throw her into water".
- He throws her into water.
- She turns into a Brittonic folklore sea creature.
- Again, legend versions and later adaptations may vary.

Last edited:

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
If DOM is a juicy steak CoE is a bacon cheeseburger, nothing wrong with some fastfood every now and then.
I'd say Dominions is a 11 course meal you have to learn to eat with a dozen different piece of cutlery and silverware. CoE is a fat barbecue with several sauces, burnt sausages and many beers. Both enjoyable and sometimes slightly overdone, but loads of fun.

mondblut

Arcane
One thing I'd like to have is the option for choosing between turn based and real-time battles.

There is no realtime content in Dominions 5, stop badmouthing the game. They just switched from IGOUGO to individual unit initiatives. In big enough battles or on slow enough computers you can see units take their turns moving one after another. It's about as "realtime" as Wizardry 7.

Johannes

Arcane
On the direct combat discussion, having to control direct every battle would nuke PBEM and send most players insane, and reward even more no-lifers that can waste 5 hours to optimize a single spell casting. I imagine lategame battles and I shudder in horror in thinking anyone would dream of wasting hours on that, lategame dominions was already an endurance match.
Pretty sure the people suggesting that, have never played multiplayer or anything approaching lategame. Easy to imagine controlling every battle manually when you've got like 2 armies to your name.

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
There's some nations in dom5 which are shitboring (if you wanted them to be viable in an MP match) purely due to having only 4 magic paths native to their mage corps. Hopefully this issue is eased a lot with the new Glamour path. I joined a whole bunch of dom5 matches recently which should wrap up at around the time of dom6's release. Separate mount simulation really shows how based and redpilled these people are.

It was also revealed recently by Lucid that the Blesses have gotten wilder, for example Flight bless (probably combat-only) and Storm Flight bless.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
On the direct combat discussion, having to control direct every battle would nuke PBEM and send most players insane, and reward even more no-lifers that can waste 5 hours to optimize a single spell casting. I imagine lategame battles and I shudder in horror in thinking anyone would dream of wasting hours on that, lategame dominions was already an endurance match.
Pretty sure the people suggesting that, have never played multiplayer or anything approaching lategame. Easy to imagine controlling every battle manually when you've got like 2 armies to your name.
I wouldn't care to control every battle manually, but it sure would be nice to have the option so you don't get mega retarded battles where your pretender decides to punch infantry units for 200 damage while ignoring the enemy commander in melee range, or failing to use mobility, etc. Feels pretty lame to build a SC and have him die to an army he could obliterate if he just behaved slightly differently.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom