Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming Fall 2024

Vatnik Wumao
Re: companions
18ZHxwQ.png

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I think Andrew is lying here about companions as much as his gender.
Troon probably didn't even play the prior games))

La vie sexuelle

Learned

Cohesion

Liturgist
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Plausible deniability. If you can't track the payments, it could be anybody. Even "our haters buying bots to make us look bad."
Sure, but if I were a public prosecutor looking to build my career off EA's asshole, I'd take one look at that Twitter spam and demand to audit their books. This isn't the classic MO where a big gaming outlet "just happens" to review a shit game "10/10 you should buy two copies" and the shit game's publisher "just happens" to take out two hundred grand's worth of advertising on that outlet, in this case you've got a marketing department buying time on a botfarm somewhere. It's not gonna be listed as "PAYMENT FOR BOTFARM TO DECEIVE MORONIC PUBLIC" but it's not some serendipitous conspiracy either, there's a money trail there if someone wants to go down it.
Prosecutors love $$$ as much as journos and anyone else. Just need more money. For example ATVI / MSFT merger vs FTC.
Old joke:
- Dad what is the difference between realistically and hypothetically speaking?

- Well son, go and ask your mom and sister if they would have sex with a stranger for 1 million dollars.

- But why dad, how is this going to answer my question?

- Just do it!

After a few minutes the son returns to his dad..

- Hey dad, both said they would accept the 1 million dollars offer for sex.

- Therefore son, hypothetically speaking we could have 2 million dollars, but realistically speaking we only have two whores in the house.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
You guys (probably) haven't noticed, but apparently the biggest-thirst trap so far is the old white dude, to the point where he's raking in the fanart/rule 34 and is even... Kotaku's official husbando?

1718507937679.png

What is happening?

:shredder:

Last edited:

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

Dragon Age: The Veilguard leads say it will be 'mission-based' rather than open world, with no fetch quests or busywork: 'You're not going to be gathering shards in the Hinterlands'

By Ted Litchfield
Contributions from
Lauren Morton
published 11 hours ago

I remain in a state of neutral, cautious optimism for Veilguard, and this is a sign they're on the right track.

After years of concept art teasers and news of personnel changes, the next Dragon Age is finally real and imminent. While many of us on the team aren't yet fully sold on Dragon Age: The Veilguard, a recent Q&A with some of its senior staff indicates that they're keen to respond to one of Dragon Age: Inquisition's biggest criticisms.

When asked if The Veilguard would be open world, game director Corinne Busche replied that, "We've gone back to what we believe delivers the best, most curated, intense narratives." Busche characterizes The Veilguard as being "mission based," but with players able to come back and revisit areas. "You can go back, solve mysteries, do some really great side content⁠—not fetch quests, not grind quests⁠—some really great side content. But I want to be clear it's a really curated, handcrafted experience.

"We spent a lot of time listening to what you all said. And of course everyone has slightly different tastes, but you're not going to be gathering shards in the Hinterlands. Everything is built with intention."

The Veilguard's creative director, John Epler, added that "Anything other than handcrafted quests just felt like it would be a disservice to the game we're building."

PCG news writer Joshua Wolens' observation that The Veilguard looks as much like Mass Effect as it does Dragon Age seems even closer to the mark now: a "mission based" structure certainly sounds like how Mass Effects 2 and 3 were laid out. While I share PCG online editor Fraser Brown's RPG sicko sense of mourning for the crunchier, more tactical Dragon Age we saw in Origins, this more Mass Effect-y pacing definitely sounds like a better fit for the series than what Inquisition tried ten years ago.

It wasn't just the running around (with or without a horse that didn't actually make you move faster) looking for shards, fetch quest tchotchkes, or those awful little crafting resource nodes that wore me down in Inquisition, though that MMO-y design was bad enough that PCG UK editor-in-chief Phil Savage had to exhort us all to leave the damn Hinterlands ASAP.

The version of Thedas in that game was also just utterly desolate and empty. That wound up being a great fit for a few areas like the haunted desert of the Hissing Wastes, but it also left the few settlements we saw like a reprised (and decidedly lacking red cliffs) Redcliffe or the alleged imperial metropolis of Val Royeaux feeling cramped and dead.

The Veilguard's Minrathous already strikes me as a more vibrant, exciting place like Kirkwall or Denerim in Dragon Ages past, while Mass Effect's mission structure was always great at making the galaxy feel bigger than what you saw. I remain, as ever, cautiously optimistic for Veilguard, which is set to arrive this fall.

Baron Tahn

Scholar
OK I'm not understanding 'mission based'. Are they saying that Admiral wots is name giving you the brief made it mission based? Do they mean mission based as opposed to MMO lite like Inquisition? Because it sounds to me like they are just saying 'So there are these things called RPG's, right, they have this crazy idea - and get this - called 'quests', I know I know, huge innovation. So we are going to do quests, right, but we are going to call them 'missions' for some fkn reason even tho it's a fantasy game. Cos we are brave and innovative and stuff.'

Vatnik Wumao
They mean like ME2/3, probably. Technically you can do whatever but everything of note happens inside linear, scripted missions
Basically you have your base as a central hub and from there you go on various missions in other hubs by going through eluvians (elvish portals). Which I think is a positive development over DAI's MMO style model. And the whole portal nonsense justifies you going to various nations throughout Thedas that would be otherwise far apart.

kapisi

Novice
They mean like ME2/3, probably. Technically you can do whatever but everything of note happens inside linear, scripted missions
Basically you have your base as a central hub and from there you go on various missions in other hubs by going through eluvians (elvish portals). Which I think is a positive development over DAI's MMO style model. And the whole portal nonsense justifies you going to various nations throughout Thedas that would be otherwise far apart.
Attacking the collectors Evanuris would require passing through the Omega-4 relay eluvian. No ship mage has ever returned from doing so.

Gaider pushing back timidly against the monster he helped create:

Gaider is like when Kant criticized Fichte, but even less self-consciously and complimentarily without a sense of personal responsibility.

Hasn't Gaider gone on record before as regretting the BG2 romances or have I imagined it?

Interesting to see him stick his head above the parapet nonetheless. Opprobrium incoming.

As an aside it must be maddening to have to state your clear dislike for something in such couched terms. We are very fortunate here in some ways.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
FFS that's why I like Warhammer Fantasy. Necromancers there are no lithe k-pop-like young faggots or melancholic goth old farts, they are sick delirious fucks. who dabble in forbidden arts and trade humanity for power.

Rudolph_Brecht_001.jpg

Joyvankek

Learned
it begins
GQDZtjOX0AAKPxA
The monster on the left is hideous even for BioWare standards. What kind of demonic creature is he?
In all honestly... it's still better than the troon and sex ambiguous bullshit that it's prevailing in modern industry.
She's still ugly but at least she reassemble a female.
Though at least they didn't give her cloaca, which I think is the case for her species.

Also can anyone from USA explain to me, what the fuck is pan-sexual? We already have bi-sexual, that covers the desire to fuck both male and female.
So what is pansexual? Do you want to fuck a literal pan or what's the deal with that?

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Nobody accuses biowhores for cooperating with sweetbaby scum because nobody can imaginve bioware paying money to get more diversity and faggotry in their game. It is more probable that sweetbaby hires bioware employees to consult them on a matter of all degenerative and deviant stuff.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Also can anyone from USA explain to me, what the fuck is pan-sexual? We already have bi-sexual, that covers the desire to fuck both male and female.
So what is pansexual? Do you want to fuck a literal pan or what's the deal with that?
To call yourself bisexual is to suggest that gender is binary, which is very problematic. It's current year, after all.

Froila

Educated
Pansexual is a cook who can make some sexy faggots with his pan; or very attractive polish dude, or spaniard who loves bread too much.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom